Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Another happy Boosted Performance customer

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Another happy Boosted Performance customer

Mid mount kit still doing well...

Shop review:

Sasha,

We were impressed with the performance of your turbo kit. The simplicity of the install was also appreciated. By far the easiest kit I have installed yet. I think we will charge 8-10 hrs +tuning for full install and see how that works out for us. I think that is a fair assessment of time involved for a shop to get everything done neatly and properly. We charge 3x that for a twin turbo kit and sometimes come out on the wrong end of things all said and done "fitting and working properly". The boosted performance install is a walk in the park comparatively speaking. Tuning in our area ranges from 500-1000$ for forced induction custom dyno tune.

I have attached the final dyno sheet from the first tuning session. The car has a Hills Garage longblock,ssv intake,jwt cams. The tune is very conservative at 15lbs of boost. It wanted more timing but I was not giving it to her ... Curious to see what he does with 600whp. Car runs fabulous!

Thanks

Frank Hill

Hills Garage

So if any of you guys are down in Baltimore, MD area there is a shop with BP product experience:

http://hillsgarage.net/

6 of these are now being fabricated .

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 01-10-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
gerrychuck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive, Sasha! I won't be seeing numbers like that, but can't wait to get my new (to me) mid mount kit onto my car in the spring. Looking forward to joining the BP club
Old 01-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gerrychuck
Very impressive, Sasha! I won't be seeing numbers like that, but can't wait to get my new (to me) mid mount kit onto my car in the spring. Looking forward to joining the BP club
Thank you.

I have a customer whom I am building a very custom twin scroll kit for. It will use the Precision 6466 twin scroll turbo. That should produce some solid results. It will also feature a couple of Vibrant high flow catalytic converters downstream from the turbo.

I will make a thread and post a few pictures once that project starts in about two weeks.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

I should mention that I am starting fabrication on six mid mount kits. At this time I am accepting down payments for these. Shipping target date is late March.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:27 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wonder what happened at 5800 rpms.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by str8dum1
wonder what happened at 5800 rpms.
Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
It wanted more timing but I was not giving it to her

I think think there was more left in it, and the power could have at least been flattened after 5800rpm. I think this custome is also hard on his engine/drivetrain, so it may have been a precaution...hard to say honestly.

I have noticed that different tuners will do different things with an identical setup. I am not a tuner, so I can't reallyl comment on it.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:11 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya the scaling of the graph can also make it look alot more peaky than it really is as well.

Either way, good power!
Old 02-01-2014, 06:52 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

How bout post it for everone to see?
Old 02-01-2014, 06:56 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

With everything I know now if I was to do it again I wouldn't even consider GTM and would go straight to BP... Great kits
Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by meanz
How bout post it for everone to see?
He had his stock motor blow because he went to a local tuner against my advice. Durrin the install customer damaged the wastegate, I repleaced it with a new one, no questions asked. Found out it was damaged durring the install after it was sent to Tial for warranty repair.

Built motor blew because the customer decided to do one hour track session without any cooling modification at all (no oil cooler, OEM radiator...ect). Engine builder built the car for an occasional day at the track as the customer described it, not 4-5 40 minute hard runs around the track, which is what the customer ended up doing.

After the first sign of trouble with the car, customer decided to go to another local shop/tuner who altered the tune, and pushed the car/power even further. Which is the last thing one should ever do if they know there is something not right with the system. He then again blaimed the kit, and engine build for all the issues that were to come.

Oil overheated, and a piece of the turbo thrust bearing broke off, ended up going in the scavenge pump. Pump seized car started to smoke. The built engine also blew (nothing to do with the turbo kit), again I suspect due to lack of budget on customers part to install any kind of safety features including upgraded cooling/monitoring. A haltech would have been the right EMS for this application, and the customer even asked me if I think he should go with it instead of UpRev. Of course I said yes, and instructed him to talk to his tuner.

Customer was instructed to remove scavenge pump front plate and cleane everything out. Pump seized again, had the customer send the pump to me. I found a piece of the thrust bearing in the pump:

Once removed pump was 100% as good as new.

I would have told the customer to go with a BB turbo upgrade if I had known the actual intended use for this car. But then again, budget would have been an issue.

The turbo was sent to Precision for warranty repair, and customer got it only a few (4 I think) days later.

Customer however wanted a brand new turbo, and a brand new scavenge pump with 24 shipping service, which I was not going to provide, because I did not know the cause of the issues at the time. 253 emails were sent to me (actual number), and well over 200 were replied to within 12 hours. This was apparently horrible customer service, the kit is a, and I quote : "a piece of sh..t" and nobody should ever buy it.

Every email was degrading, insulting and the use of profanity was overwhelming.

You guys that have been around know the service and quality I provide, so for one unreasonable customer to voice his thoughts does not concern me at all. There are dozens of very happy customers out there who would buy a BP again in a heartbeat.

In the mean, you guys can read up on some more BP builds:

http://www.dynosty.com/tag/boosted-performance/

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-01-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:26 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, guess this guy can stop telling people to pm him about his experience, lol. Thanks for posting BP.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:30 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by meanz
Wow, guess this guy can stop telling people to pm him about his experience, lol. Thanks for posting BP.
Yeah... You can't make everybody happy, no matter how hard you try.

This is more on par with what you get when you buy a BP turbo kit:

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...it-review.html

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...nd-review.html

Not that this particular customer din't get above and beyond customer service...it's just that it didn't happen within 30 seconds of him demanding things it.

If anybody else has been receiving PM's from this member please let me know. There is always a case that can be built, thank you.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:47 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Interesting
Old 02-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

The oil return system is working flawlessly on almost 100 kits...so once again there is no point to all this. The pump now also comes with a strainer on the inlet so nothing could ever get in to cause it to seize. These are the same strainers that you were sent for free...you seem to forget all the free The you got, despite failing to tell either the engine builder or me what the true intended purpose of this build was.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 02-01-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gixx76
Filter became available after the fact and the turbo is still a POS, you and the builder both knew from day one the intended purpose of the vehicle, you are speaking for Vince now?

I would watch yourself my friend. wouldn't want you to ruffle any more feathers. Maybe you should get your **** straight before you speak for others. My points are of fact, Its not your fault the parts in the kit you sell are crap, and my experience with it is exactly as described.

You don't like it because you know it all to be the truth, so backpedal and try to deflect all you want, I will share my experience with your crap kit with any prospective buyer so they know the deal. That is all. Cheers.
You forget to quickly:

Originally Posted by Vince@R/TTuning
Shadi, I never "aggressively" steered you from Haltech, or whatever extra adjectives were used to make your statements sound stronger. Honestly it probably came up once during the initial build and our power goals were 500-550ish and I said it wasn't necessary. Also the budget you were initially working with really didn't allow it. Then when we made 600+ as easily as we did the Osiris was working flawlessly, by that I mean even running lower to higher boost values on the same map everything was adjusting accordingly. Timing and afr's were consistent at lower and higher boost and as boost was raised timing dipped down and AFR's richened slightly, BFS went up as MAF voltage increased. Everything looked great and I was confident that Osiris would be more then satisfactory for the set up. Another EMS option wasn't even discussed until you had a chance to get a full blown Haltech set up for something like 800 bucks. With dual widebands and all. If you recall I said..."I would def do that". At that point you asked me for the Osiris ROM file so that when you went Haltech your tuner could use those values to build a base map(knowing now you had your info incorrect)....I said "that's impossible but here is the ROM file and good luck"...or something to that effect.

Shadi, you need to be honest here with yourself...the scope of the motor build and set up has changed from a 500whp car that you wanna have fun at the track occasionally to a 600+whp car that you can flog for 5 or 6 40 minute sessions at a long road race course. We talked on the phone and we went over everything and what we could do together to get you right and you understood. Now here I see these posts where you are listening to all these other people and they give you guarantees and what it should and shouldn't be from people that never even seen your car...I am over it!! Your still trying to point fingers at everyone, accept no responsibility yourself and act like you are gonna give R/T one more chance to make it right, like we should be grateful to have this one last chance.... Then god forbid anything goes wrong your attitude is "well that is a whole other ball of wax all together". These are the reasons good shops(there are plenty out there) don't even wanna cut breaks or put themselves out there for customers as it always seems to back fire on them.

Bottom line is R/T or Vince(however you wanna label it) accept zero responsibility for the failure of your motor. I know what happened, I have datalogs, dyno graphs, emails of multiple failures of other sub systems on the car...all contributing factors to the ultimate failure. We are all adults and ultimately our decisions we own. Customers have responsibilities in these situations as well, whether it is using caution at the track and not driving so many laps with your car smoking so bad that you get black flagged from a blown turbo(and maybe you should have pulled off the track as soon as you saw any smoke) to maybe not spouting off your misguided feelings about the shop that has done the work on public forums to cause them to come in and have to defend themselves.

We're all big boys here....so with that said I am choosing NOT to work with you anymore, not on the discounted labor and parts at just above cost as we talked about to get you all back together or anything. I have the right to choose my customers and I wanna work with customers that can hold responsibility for the choices we make together on a project(and we have a lot of them and are very thankful), so when I get home I can just hang with my kids and not worry about having to check a forum for some posts that have half given info, unjustified finger pointing and just plain and simple ******** talked. I really don't plan on checking this thread or responding here anymore, so feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss this, but as I have already spent way more time(including personal time away from my family) on this situation I will not be changing my decision. Thanks to all who gave us good words and those who made valid points and spoke intelligently for us.

Vince
So two shops are tellin you the same things..hmm.

I have worked with Vince in the past and will continue to work with him in the future. He is a stand up guy, as is the entire R/T tuning shop. I know that he would never do the things you acuse him of, as well as myself.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Shandy...you are wasting your time...and I am building mid mount kits at this very moment...I do have deposits on them ...so your banter is just a big waste of time.

The components I use are the best on the market, and my customers know this, despite what you have to say. Precision turbos are all over the place, as are tial wastegates and tial BOV's. The EXA pumps are also the go to pumps for all turbo kits that need a scavenging system. I have sold over 100 of these and not one has failed. Your pump didn't fail either, the thrust BEARING in the turbo did. Tat was repaired and returned to you within a few days....so again you are making yourself look rather foolish.

Acussing Vince of what? Vince and I have worked through all our miscommunication all that is left is the agreed upon fact of the **** parts in your kit.

The only issue in this scenario is the **** parts that you sell with your kit. Your a great welder.. Stick to what you know Joe. Now go weld something. Or keep trying to defend your crap that nobody is going to buy. I don't even have to share my experience with your kit, users here and on 370z know better... And if they don't, then I am happy to share my bad experience with our kit with them so they don't waste their time and money. Cheers.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Drako_MDx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha more BS, never a waste of time, I have had over 60 people Contact me who feel different, and yes the POS turbo failed and caused the pump to fail..Not your fault.. Or mine.. But just proves how the set up is crap. Cheers.
Wow, this idiot again... Get a clue... Only someone dumb enough as you seem to be would believe your BS!

Anyone with half a monkeys brain can easily look up all the parts Sasha lists on his kit and know you're talking out of your ***.

Anyone else who's dealt with him would gladly buy any other kit he would come up with for any other car. I've had mine running prefect with zero issues now for over a year. He even tailors his kits based on what you tell him your goals are and the use. What other kit out there let's you customize it before ordering it? Till this day... Sasha has been one of the best person's I've done business with... Above and beyond excellent customer service. He even sent me for free a yellow spring that my car needed for the BOV since for some reason my cars vacuum was higher the the norm. He also took care of an issue I had with the Osiris wire which he technically didn't have to since that's Uprev defect.

By the way... The so called "welds" you keep talking about being the only thing he does.... WTF do you think is the main component of any turbo kit dumbass!? The pipe work... everything else is just band name parts.

About his"welds? I have yet to meet anyone who's seen my car on the lift... including tuners, mechanics and race shops that haven't been extremely impressed with his work. Just ask Jon at Z1 Motorsports that tuned my car what he thinks about it. Jon was super impressed of the kit and how easily it produced power. I belive a few months later he worked on another BP kit and was once again impressed. A friend on mine who has a racing team and builds, rents and maintains race cars for a living loves my turbo kit and how it preforms. The list goes on of all the people who have and love this kit.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Haha more BS, never a waste of time, I have had over 60 people Contact me who feel different, and yes the POS turbo failed and caused the pump to fail..Not your fault.. Or mine.. But just proves how the set up is crap. Cheers.
Great logic you got there. Why don't you buy a TT kit then? Then you can deal with faulty turbos, cracked cast manifolds...and things of that nature where every repair will cost you $3,000 because you need to drop the engine to get at either the turbo or the manifold.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:39 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

gixx76, that is not reasonable. You are blaming the price for being in the FI game on the turbo kit manufacturer. If it was his weld that failed or fitment issue then I could understand a gripe. And I doubt 60 precision turbos have failed. I do believe that you do get what you pay for and at that price point you are going to get certain parts. I bet you could pay more and ask for whatever replacement you wanted. I personally would not choose a thrust bearing turbo, nor would I select Precision over Garrett. Just my opinion. I had my set up installed with a forced performance turbo oil filter to catch pre-turbo debris and that filter does indeed catch small particles that would otherwise go through my center cartridge and on to the return pump. I do not have a pre-return pump filter because if my turbos fail I don't really care if it takes out that pump. I do have a pressure gauge on the feed side that I have set alarms on either side for (if it spikes I would know the return side failed, if it falls, something is leaking on the feed side).
Old 02-01-2014, 01:57 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Am I reading this right? Not his fault or yours but this setup is crap? Seems legit...

Chris

Quick Reply: Another happy Boosted Performance customer