Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 10:35 AM
More Power

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Originally posted by zparts
WOW!!! Technosquare can't even modify this and they are one of the top ECU tuners...

(note the sarcasm...)

As I said earlier on the thread (in which this originally appears), I have some skepticism about Dream Workes as well. I haven't preordered or given them any money. But, I want to be objective and fair - so eventually, I suppose, their supercharger will actually be on the market and we'll have objective feedback thereafter. Until then I realize, we're just pi$$ing into the wind trying to evaluate them without any real evidence either way. But their supercharger looks good enough, on paper at least, that I think we should keep an eye on it. I agree that the this a pretty tall claim on Dream Workes’ part and it’ll be interesting to see if they can back it up. But, I think it is important that I and others are posting their claims so that we will have statements with which we can hold their feet to the fire if and when their products do hit the market.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:47 AM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

sorry for the interruption, but if any of you High HP automatic guys are looking taller gears, i am willing to trade: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....3&goto=newpost

thanks...now back to your original topic
m
Old 03-23-2004, 11:11 AM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
sorry for the interruption, but if any of you High HP automatic guys are looking taller gears, i am willing to trade: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....3&goto=newpost

thanks...now back to your original topic
m
me too! hehe.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:20 AM
myGthang

What would be the benfit if an auto changes rear ends with you?
I have an auto G35 is that the same thing?

Originally posted by FLY BY Z

me too! hehe.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:30 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by myGthang
What would be the benfit if an auto changes rear ends with you?
I have an auto G35 is that the same thing?
yes same thing. Do you have limited slip differential or is it like the base model open diff? Also, you would get faster acceleration and higher top speed and sacrifice a little bit of gas mileage. i mean like not even 1 mpg little bit. PM Skidazzle if you want to do this as he wants to do this more than I do. I'll take the second volunteer.
Old 03-23-2004, 01:08 PM
myGthang

to tell you the truth i don't know if i have an lsd...and also if i did decide to do this would this f**k with ecu and cost of doing this issss?
Sorry for so many questionsz?
Old 03-23-2004, 01:30 PM
More Power

Default Re: Re: Re: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Originally posted by zparts
WOW!!! Technosquare can't even modify this and they are one of the top ECU tuners...

(note the sarcasm...)
Bottom line, Dream Workes is claiming that their Supercharger does not cause the engine to hit the rev limiter before the A5T shifts while in the fully auto mode (like some reports say the Vortech supercharger does) during wide open throttle acceleration. As I said in a subsequent post, in all fairness to Dream Workes, Goran (of Dream Workes) said he’d have to talk to the engineers about details of this. But, that won’t change the bottom line. Bottom line, it’ll either work as they say or it won’t work. Only time will tell.

Last edited by More Power; 03-23-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:14 PM
12SecZ

Initially they did tell me they had and I asked if I could speak with the owner to get his impressions. They later informed me they hadn't done any.
That leads a bad taste in my mouth hearing that, just caught this thread. I am definately sold on Edge now, honesty is important to me and no a 350Z is not a 300ZXTT they either did a Z or they didn't and the world when this first was looked into was that they had and it ran perfect. Now they say they didn't?

I wouldn't send them a fuse.
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2004, 01:01 AM
nitrous350

Default nitrous350

hello????
I just new on this side
this is what i get on my 350Z how many sec. on 1320 ft run???
you guys looking for because i just order new g-tec pro

Ć APEXi S-AFC II Fuel Controller
Ć APEX OIL & FUEL GAUGE
Ć GREEDY A/F GAUGE
Ć B&B Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 4" Elliptical tips
Ć Borla SST Equal Length Headers
Ć Flex-a-lite Transmission Cooler
Ć HKS Circle Earth Grounding kit
Ć HKS Twin Power DLI (ignition upgrade)
Ć HKS Super Fire Racing spark plugs (Heat Range 7)
Ć Home Made Hood Panel
Ć Injen Cold Air Intake System
ƒÜ Level 10¡@Transmission Valve Body Recalibrations
Ć Down Pipe = Home Made TEST PIPE
ƒÜ Stillen Engine Oil Cooler ¡V from 1996 maxima
Ć NOS Wet Nitrous Systems (135hp/shot)
Ć Time-Based Progressive Nitrous Control System
Ć TECHNOS ECU Upgrade.
Ć NISMO CAM
Ć POWER ENT. 255L/H FUEL PUMP
Ć UR Under Drive Pulley
Ć M/H Drag Slicks (26 x 15)
Old 03-24-2004, 03:42 AM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by myGthang
to tell you the truth i don't know if i have an lsd...and also if i did decide to do this would this f**k with ecu and cost of doing this issss?
Sorry for so many questionsz?
No. ECU would be fine.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:20 AM
12SecZ

Anybody want to sell me a verter core and I will send it out tommorow and have it done, I just do't want more down time I am tired of it.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:43 AM
whosdady

Max, Did you talk to Andre at Edge? It seems like he knows his stuff. He said they have done multiple F/I applications. However, he said he never gives names out. Hurry and get this done so I can send mine in and feel good about it...
Old 03-24-2004, 09:53 AM
12SecZ

Yes I have spoken and emailed with Andre,
Old 03-24-2004, 12:54 PM
twylight

Isn't the problem the rev limiter? Dealership Consult II and TS ECU can raise this - mine is raised to 7200 rpm. I shift in the mid 6500s with regular automatic at WoT.

I dont think my shift points have changed - none of them are above the old 6600 rpm revlimiter (I think it was 6600 G35 at sedan)

Worth
Old 03-24-2004, 03:00 PM
12SecZ

Correct it's not the shift points but firmer grabbing of the cluthes with a new verter would help, can't hurt. Some are convinced it is in the TCM, if it is then it isn't in mine and I would sell my car befre spending 2k plus labor on a new VBU.

I guess we may never know because we only have two people committing to having properly functioning FI on an A5T which does seem very odd. Perhaps it would help if we knew the number of people who didn't have it working for a sample base.

I still says it's more fuel just prior to shift (larger injectors and reflashed maps), higher rev limiter (reflash) and getting rid of that Aeromotive crap and then tightening down all of my vaccum and boost lines, a combo of all of the above. Regardless mine works and people are calling me from all over the city telling me they saw me beating this car or that and that my car is becoming "quite famous" around here. So yeah mine doesn't stick but it also doesn't really on the FMU for when to boost boost or add fuel either.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:39 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im have the Vortech going in the 7th of April..Having the ECU flashed back to stock next week . Going to keep the rev and speed limiters as is .So I will find out if it is the fix for my car to shift in auto .If its not...I'll just wait for a fix
Old 03-24-2004, 04:42 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oooops
Old 03-24-2004, 04:49 PM
whosdady

Max, Thats a good idea. Lets see how many people have problems shifting in full auto mode... By the way you are famous. I just saw your car in the new Stillen catalog page 16. Except it looks like a rt hand drive. Everything else is the same. If its not you, you have been copied.
By the way, did your new fuel pump work out for you?
Old 03-24-2004, 10:22 PM
12SecZ

Havn't messed with the pump but yeah Alex had my permission to use that photo, I would hope he is sending me a copy?

Maybe the image is reversed. He thought the blue would look good in the art work and I said yes because I like the kit and I might add I like the brakes I bought there too they are working out well. So Alex send me a catalog man!
Old 03-24-2004, 10:31 PM
12SecZ

http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_de...d=29263&page=2

Hey thanks man I found it online, those rims were custom made for me by Mike Cornell so yeah that is my ride. My 15 minutes of fame I guess.

Quick Reply: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read