Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 02:42 PM
2FST4U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM me your location

Originally posted by 12SecZ
Havn't messed with the pump but yeah Alex had my permission to use that photo, I would hope he is sending me a copy?

Maybe the image is reversed. He thought the blue would look good in the art work and I said yes because I like the kit and I might add I like the brakes I bought there too they are working out well. So Alex send me a catalog man!
Could you either PM or email your physical address please? I'll send you one out first class. You didn't know your car was a Japanese Right Hand Drive did you? Our artists missed that one, sorry.

Regards,

AC
Old 03-25-2004, 03:10 PM
whosdady

Default Re: PM me your location

2fst,

Since you work for stillen...Could you tell me if there is any truth to the shift kit (stillen is supposedly building) for 5AT's with F/I?

Originally posted by 2FST4U
Could you either PM or email your physical address please? I'll send you one out first class. You didn't know your car was a Japanese Right Hand Drive did you? Our artists missed that one, sorry.

Regards,

AC
Old 03-25-2004, 07:31 PM
12SecZ

Hey thanks Alex, I emailed you. Nice job on the artwork. Since it's JDM can I switch over my ECU too
Old 03-26-2004, 04:46 AM
IluvIt

Default Question about your JL system

Originally posted by SKiDaZZLe
sorry for the interruption, but if any of you High HP automatic guys are looking taller gears, i am willing to trade: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....3&goto=newpost

thanks...now back to your original topic
m

Hey Skidazzle!!! I sent you a PM about getting some pictures of your JL subs. You mentioned that you had more photos than what you have posted in the audio forums. I would appreciate it if you could send me some more photos of your custom box with the 2 JL 8's. Mainly pics of the box would be awesome. My email address is in the PM. Thanks a ton.

sorry to be off topic...
Old 03-26-2004, 05:51 PM
350zer

Default Re: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Originally posted by whosdady
To the best of my knowledge there is only one memeber (Max)that has absolutley no issues shifting in full auto mode. Max has larger injectors and also a rasied rev limiter thanks to TechnoSquare.

After speaking with Tadashi he has requested that I try to locate a 5AT owner with forced induction, so he may see if raising the rev limiter is the key. It would be nice to locate someone near southern CA that can drive their car to Tadashi to have him see it in person.

Anyone who has some sort of F/I and a 5AT (automatic transmission), please post here and let me know if you have shifting issues and whether or not you would be intersted in driving your car to TechnoSquare. This would obviously benefit you and everyone else who has any issues shifting in full auto mode.

went to technosquare today so Tadashi could play with ecu on an auto. raised the rev limiter and it seems to shift now with out hitting it. he also played with the drive by wire settings. he said that the ecu starts closing the throttle plate in the upper rpms. that is also why there is a big dip in the dyno charts. i still think that the valve body needs to be modified for firmer and quicker shifts. replacing the torque converter is only going to change the stall speed.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:58 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Originally posted by 350zer
went to technosquare today so Tadashi could play with ecu on an auto. raised the rev limiter and it seems to shift now with out hitting it. he also played with the drive by wire settings. he said that the ecu starts closing the throttle plate in the upper rpms. that is also why there is a big dip in the dyno charts. i still think that the valve body needs to be modified for firmer and quicker shifts. replacing the torque converter is only going to change the stall speed.
Does Technosqaure ...when You get your ECU flashed.....program the throttle body to open 100% at WOT ? I heard that He may do this but havent heard it for sure
Old 03-26-2004, 06:08 PM
350zer

Default Re: Re: Re: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Originally posted by booger
Does Technosqaure ...when You get your ECU flashed.....program the throttle body to open 100% at WOT ? I heard that He may do this but havent heard it for sure

yes he does.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:32 PM
whosdady

350zer,
Thanks for taking your car to Tadashi. He knows his stuff! Let me make sure I understand your situation. You have the vortech kit (stock injectors and some sort of fmu), you are pushing 350+ rwhp. You have had troubles shifting in full auto mode.... after the reflash how does your car feel? I know you said it still needs a V/B upgrade. Do you feel comfortable flooring your car in full auto mode at any given speed? How about the rest of the reflash? How were the other changes made by the reflash? I can't tell if you were happy by your last post.Also, who is doing the V/B for you?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:53 PM
350zer

Originally posted by whosdady
350zer,
Thanks for taking your car to Tadashi. He knows his stuff! Let me make sure I understand your situation. You have the vortech kit (stock injectors and some sort of fmu), you are pushing 350+ rwhp. You have had troubles shifting in full auto mode.... after the reflash how does your car feel? I know you said it still needs a V/B upgrade. Do you feel comfortable flooring your car in full auto mode at any given speed? How about the rest of the reflash? How were the other changes made by the reflash? I can't tell if you were happy by your last post.Also, who is doing the V/B for you?

yeah i think its safe to floor it in drive. it doesn't feel much different. i will go to dyno on monday to see how much a difference the throttle makes. he did something so the timing does not spike at the rev limiter. i drove around for a while in drive and it didn't hit the rev limiter. kind of werd to see the tach go all the way up to 7500 sometimes. he said the tach on autos are off some times by 500 rpm. as far as valve body goes i have to get my car over to the tranny shop so they can modify the valve body. he doesn't have one yet but he is going to use my car for the first one. i think i can trust what he does. i found him i a magazine article as the shop that modified the tranny in a 650 rwhp supra. level 10 is not the way to go. i didn't have any problem with them with my valve body, but your right alot of supra guys did. don't want to give them a second chance on screwing me.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:02 AM
12SecZ

So can we assume that after you reflashed your car runs FI fine and the tranny doesn't stick (like refuses to shift) at WOT?

If so I feel very good about that. As for the timing he retarded it, he has got the timing down perfectly on FI after seeing so many cars it only gets better!

TS, larger injectors, can't go wrong man!
Old 03-27-2004, 06:52 AM
whosdady

Thanks for the review. I'm sorry you don't feel much of a difference with the reflash. Hopefully the dyno will show some gains. Did Tadashi feel comfortable with your fuel supply? I'm assuming he reccomended the PE 380 injectors? As far as the car feeling different, maybe it takes a day or two? Good luck with the V/B upgrade. I would really like to do this as well.

Originally posted by 350zer
yeah i think its safe to floor it in drive. it doesn't feel much different. i will go to dyno on monday to see how much a difference the throttle makes. he did something so the timing does not spike at the rev limiter. i drove around for a while in drive and it didn't hit the rev limiter. kind of werd to see the tach go all the way up to 7500 sometimes. he said the tach on autos are off some times by 500 rpm. as far as valve body goes i have to get my car over to the tranny shop so they can modify the valve body. he doesn't have one yet but he is going to use my car for the first one. i think i can trust what he does. i found him i a magazine article as the shop that modified the tranny in a 650 rwhp supra. level 10 is not the way to go. i didn't have any problem with them with my valve body, but your right alot of supra guys did. don't want to give them a second chance on screwing me.
Old 03-28-2004, 04:38 AM
nitrous350

Angry Problem with Lever10 Valve body???

Hey Guys Look this

Do you know any one on this address....

Level 10 Products
3670 Route 94
Hamburg, New Jersey 07419 U.S.A.
Voice (973) 827-1000 | Fax (973) 827-7846
Email info@levelten.com

because i shipped out my trans. valve body about 3 month a go but untill now i don't have any news yet and the person in Level 10
*** me up every time i call ...... some springs are problem... UPS picup yet..........shipped yesterday so many ..............

PLS Help me out ??????

If any guys are living near Level10 on NewJersey PLS looking for this ***** name is Sam.....
Old 03-28-2004, 09:09 AM
12SecZ

Lol,

Seriuos?

Level 10 post to my car club mailing list want me to call them?
Old 03-28-2004, 10:01 AM
whosdady

Default Re: Problem with Lever10 Valve body???

I have heard rumors but hopefully they aren't this bad...

Please tell me you are kidding. You have made 1 post to these forums? How did you even hear about level 10?

Originally posted by nitrous350
Hey Guys Look this

Do you know any one on this address....

Level 10 Products
3670 Route 94
Hamburg, New Jersey 07419 U.S.A.
Voice (973) 827-1000 | Fax (973) 827-7846
Email info@levelten.com

because i shipped out my trans. valve body about 3 month a go but untill now i don't have any news yet and the person in Level 10
*** me up every time i call ...... some springs are problem... UPS picup yet..........shipped yesterday so many ..............

PLS Help me out ??????

If any guys are living near Level10 on NewJersey PLS looking for this ***** name is Sam.....
Old 03-28-2004, 11:24 AM
12SecZ

Yeah Scott I am as shocked as you so semi joked about it but hope to hear more.

Should be easiest enough to confirm ; here is who to email (from my mailing list,)
John Sales Account Manager
tech@levelten.com

Lets get to the bottom of this it is too seriuos of any issue, till then I have to give them the benefit of the doubt unless you give us more info. Like, have you called them etc etc.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:17 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally posted by 12SecZ
So can we assume that after you reflashed your car runs FI fine and the tranny doesn't stick (like refuses to shift) at WOT?

If so I feel very good about that. As for the timing he retarded it, he has got the timing down perfectly on FI after seeing so many cars it only gets better!

TS, larger injectors, can't go wrong man!
This is AWESOME NEWS. I am glad that won't be having any problems with my PE (with regard to shifting).

Gurgen
Old 03-28-2004, 09:09 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

yea. i meet up with Tadashi this weekend,

he is going to offer a reflash program for Auto users with FI that will eliminate the sticking shifts.

like it was posted before, the tranny is taking a while to send the signal to the ECU to shift, but by the time the ecu receives the message, the RPMS are already past the red line and it wont shift... so by raising the rev limiter even higher than the 7100 previously set on the manual cars, to 7200, your autos should have no problem anymore..

--Cheston
Old 03-28-2004, 10:11 PM
12SecZ

Old 03-28-2004, 10:40 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Originally posted by Chebosto
yea. i meet up with Tadashi this weekend,

he is going to offer a reflash program for Auto users with FI that will eliminate the sticking shifts.

like it was posted before, the tranny is taking a while to send the signal to the ECU to shift, but by the time the ecu receives the message, the RPMS are already past the red line and it wont shift... so by raising the rev limiter even higher than the 7100 previously set on the manual cars, to 7200, your autos should have no problem anymore..

--Cheston
Cool. Welcome back by the way, Cheston. Can't wait to see your car. I hope my kit is in soon.

Gurgen
Old 03-28-2004, 11:20 PM
12SecZ

Hey the new poster Kim from Sapain has PM'd me with enough credible information for me to believe that Level 10 is not commuinating with him on his tranny.

He has come here for help, he has mentioned DHL tracking info and is not in the states and has given the Tech name at L10 as "Sam." I only know a John there and I have an email into him.

Since VBU is a hot topic right now and Scott (whosdaddy) released new info that they had *not* really done a 350Z as they originally claimed I think as forum members we should try and help our out of country Z owner who has a DHL tracking # cLear up the confusion as to where his parts are. If it was our Z we would be wondering too agreed? It easily could have been!
Agreed?

Who wants to call Level 10? The order is being handled by "Sam" and the person stating no contact for 3 months is Kim (Nitrous350)

It should be real easy to straighten this out, let's do this ok? I have my email out to my mailing list, maybe someone can call them tommorow? PM me and I will forward the info I have or PM Nitrous350 because I believe him, his english isn't perfect but that isn't a reason not to help him, I understand that he is mad that part is clear enough. Let's find out why. Maybe it is an oversite and easily fixable ya know?

Peas!

Quick Reply: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read