Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 06:24 AM
whosdady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kim PM'ed me too. I will contact level 10 today. I would be furious if I were Kim. I wonder if it is a JDM issue? Regardless level 10 accepted the V/B and hasn't bothered to contact Kim for a couple months.

The question becomes... who do we send our V/B to now? Hopefully 350zer will have good luck with the shop he is taking his car to.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:23 AM
2FST4U

Default Re: Re: PM me your location

Originally posted by whosdady
2fst,

Since you work for stillen...Could you tell me if there is any truth to the shift kit (stillen is supposedly building) for 5AT's with F/I?
Whosdady -

There is a lot of truth in the shift kit. We are in final testing now.

Thanks for the question!

AC
Old 03-29-2004, 07:29 AM
2FST4U

Default Re: Re: PM me your location

2fst,

Since you work for stillen...Could you tell me if there is any truth to the shift kit (stillen is supposedly building) for 5AT's with F/I?
Whosdady -

There is a lot of truth in the shift kit. We are in final testing now.

Thanks for the question!

AC
Old 03-29-2004, 09:51 AM
whosdady

2fst,
Any details about the kit would be great to know. What its purpose is, will it work for F/I cars, does it incorporate a different stall or is it more of a V/B upgrade, cost, time frame, etc? I know you said final stages but that could mean next month or next year Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:11 AM
whosdady

Well, I did call level 10 today requesting more information on the V/B and also the T/C. There is a Sam there, I sopke with him. He seemed much more knowledgeble than the last guy I spoke to (Max knows the guy). He said they have now done an F/I Z and had no problems. He said the turn around time once the core is recieved is 3 days tops (not 3 months). I did not want to get in it with this guy but he seemed pretty forthright and honest. The current prices are: $598 for T/C and V/B $698. So the T/C is roughly $200 more than Edge Racing's T/C.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:30 AM
2FST4U

Default More Information

2fst,
Any details about the kit would be great to know. What its purpose is, will it work for F/I cars, does it incorporate a different stall or is it more of a V/B upgrade, cost, time frame, etc? I know you said final stages but that could mean next month or next year Thanks in advance.
We will shorten the shift time that the 5AT takes and make the shifts much more pronounced. Since we haven't gone to final design yet or looked at what the exact production version will be, costing of the product hasn't been done. We hope to release the kit in the next 6-weeks. This doesn't necessarily answer your questions directly, but I'd rather be general at this stage than specific. Because we haven't truly finalized the product, trying to get specific might end up unintentionally misleading you and the other board members should the Bill of Materials change.

I hope that you will accept this for now. MY350Z will be among the first sites to know when the kit is ready for completion. I have driven the prototype version and can tell you that the shifting is incredible. This will work very well with both NA and FI cars!

Stay 'Tuned',

Alex Cates
STILLEN
Old 03-29-2004, 11:28 AM
12SecZ

I will be all over a shift kit, I had one in my Chevelle that chirped in 3rd when WOT.

As for Level 10 I think they will probably chime in about the situation since people have made contact with them and brought it to their attention. It's up to them at this point.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:19 AM
whosdady

Default Re: More Information

Thank you for the update 2fst4u.

It sounds like we will still need a higher stall to go with this kit. I think I will wait and install both at the same time.

Originally posted by 2FST4U
We will shorten the shift time that the 5AT takes and make the shifts much more pronounced. Since we haven't gone to final design yet or looked at what the exact production version will be, costing of the product hasn't been done. We hope to release the kit in the next 6-weeks. This doesn't necessarily answer your questions directly, but I'd rather be general at this stage than specific. Because we haven't truly finalized the product, trying to get specific might end up unintentionally misleading you and the other board members should the Bill of Materials change.

I hope that you will accept this for now. MY350Z will be among the first sites to know when the kit is ready for completion. I have driven the prototype version and can tell you that the shifting is incredible. This will work very well with both NA and FI cars!

Stay 'Tuned',

Alex Cates
STILLEN
Old 03-30-2004, 08:21 AM
12SecZ

I have a guy with the Edge installed coming from the Bay Area to check out my ride. Maybe he will let me ride in his too

I also got my copy of my Stillen catalogue with the pic of my car in it. Thanks Alex for the overnight and thanks Scott for pointing it out! I will see how this Edge feels and then make my desicion on the Verter.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:16 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 12SecZ
I have a guy with the Edge installed coming from the Bay Area to check out my ride. Maybe he will let me ride in his too
Absolutely. But I have a low stall TC, so you're not gonna be able to spin the tires.

Gurgen
Old 03-30-2004, 04:25 PM
12SecZ

Looking forward to it, see you then. I have Eibach, Crawford, RT's and even Poineer Nav too. Should be fun. Wait till you hear my new Focal speakers in 5.1 surround Gurgen.

My tires will spin
Old 04-20-2004, 07:32 AM
nitrous350

Dear max

this is Kim at Saipan

agine thank's your help !!!!!

where i can get a good price of F/I ?????
Old 04-20-2004, 09:35 AM
12SecZ

I can hook you up with an ATI SCer at the best possible price but I can't help you much with turbo. What kkit are you looking for? The ATI will be about the same as the Vortech if you do not get the DFMU but with Vortech you get Split Second.

Hey folks I have been trying to get this guys valve body back from Level 10. They admit that UPS lost it, then they say they sent it out 10 days ago I have all the emails and both sides of the story but they are not answering me anymore. Anyone wanna help please call Sam at Level 10.

Here are the tracking numbers 1Z074E296640565819 in March and now 11 days ago it is this one 1Z074E296640745320
Neither prove it was sent out, all I see is stalling. Just because someone is from a "small island" (Sam's words) and doesn't speak perfect english doesn't mean he can be ignored. He has a race in May and is a board member looking for help. He needs the Valve Body by May, can we help him? I am glad I went with Edge my converter is out and on it's way
Old 04-29-2004, 05:42 AM
TXREFI

Default Tranny issues with TT

We are just finishing adding a Greddy TT to a 2003 G35 5AT, we still have a few more days and tuning, but I can tell the tranny is not liking the turbo.
I am reading about Level 10 rebuilds vs ECU reflash. Who has had good results with either?
Old 04-29-2004, 04:42 PM
12SecZ

Level 10 sent out Nitrous350's VBU after about 5 weeks and 4 tracking numbers. Perhaps UPS played a role in this and the buyers location, I am not going to judge anyone. Botton line is Nitrous350 seems happy and maybe he can post his results for us when he gets it. That would benefit everybody that is considering Level 10.

Me I will be posting details of my Edge Racing Converter details tommorow. Beleive it or not 4:00pm is morning for me and I am ingesting caffeine and still gathering my scrambled thoughts

It sounds to me like the TT has *more* issues with A5T than the SCer does! However Technosquare and P.E. resolved my issues I think this new Edge Racing Verter will just be like putting the icing on the cake.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:57 PM
12SecZ

By the way, per Kim aka nitrous350 after 3-4 months and 4 bad UPS numbers they sent him back a non working Valve Body and kept his money.

I have heard both sides and tracked all the UPS numbers that never left Level 10 except for one they claim was lost but only weighed 3 pounds per tracking) and I choose to beleive Kim in Saipan. He is actually a nice guy who it *seems* (based on all available info he has given me and Level 10 now ignoring my emails to help him) that he got burned on the VBU.

Buyer beware is all, whatever happened the results were not good in the end. My deal with Edge went perfect. I am glad we have more than one vendor so consumers have a choice.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:06 PM
350zer

Default level 10

Originally posted by 12SecZ
By the way, per Kim aka nitrous350 after 3-4 months and 4 bad UPS numbers they sent him back a non working Valve Body and kept his money.

I have heard both sides and tracked all the UPS numbers that never left Level 10 except for one they claim was lost but only weighed 3 pounds per tracking) and I choose to beleive Kim in Saipan. He is actually a nice guy who it *seems* (based on all available info he has given me and Level 10 now ignoring my emails to help him) that he got burned on the VBU.

Buyer beware is all, whatever happened the results were not good in the end. My deal with Edge went perfect. I am glad we have more than one vendor so consumers have a choice.
i have said numerous times that level 10 is real shaddy. there was a big problem with them and supra club a while ago. people paying for full mode trans and the only thing they were getting was valvebody mod. paying $5000 and getting only $700 worth of work. i wouldn't send them anything.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:36 PM
TXREFI

Correction on the G35 5AT not liking the TT, IT LOVES IT. I just left IPDG and WOW, I can see I will buying new tires soon, and we still have a final tuning to do.
David (IPDG) THANKS again, I love the new power.
Twin Turbo G35 5AT
Old 06-02-2004, 06:05 AM
350Mark

Default Re: More Information

Bumpity bump Any news regarding the kit? Will this be a electronic or mechanical kit? Valvebody upgrade or no?

Thanks,Mark

Originally posted by 2FST4U

Stay 'Tuned',

Alex Cates
STILLEN
Old 06-02-2004, 12:05 PM
johanna1

What about SGP's full tranny swap for the Z? Looks like a good deal and keeps you from having to change so many things on your tranny know. You will probably send as much for the tranny as you would spend for the TC, VB, and Shift Kit. Thats with price and install. Its not easy to install a shift kit on a new auto and ain't cheap either. I think SGP wanted $3000. But this is a fully rebuilt tranny which they especially make for high hp applications.

Quick Reply: 5AT (automatic transmission) Owners With Forced Induction Please Read