Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 09:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by thrifiddytt
here's what you'll need and I didn't bother with the Nismo oil for the very first install (lots of complaints about sound):
4 quarts of Redline 75w90 (or 75w90ns) with a friction modifier
I'll get the part number for you when I get home tonight. It seems to be a little quieter with the 75w90. And don't forget the infamous mod on the ecu for the best traction
Well I have a Base so there is no anti-fun system in my car..
Old 02-16-2005, 09:37 AM
alpine

Originally posted by thrifiddytt
And don't forget the infamous mod on the ecu for the best traction
Which MOD is that?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:39 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by alpine
Which MOD is that?
VDC
Old 02-16-2005, 09:49 AM
alpine

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
VDC
Sure VDC, but what is being doing to it? I had spoken with a few tuners and I was told at those times that the VDC behavior was not modifiable.

Could you shed some light on this "mod" for the VDC?

Or are you talking about the "leave VDC off mod"? Which I have.

thanks
Old 02-16-2005, 10:04 AM
MIAPLAYA

He means turn it off
Old 02-16-2005, 03:16 PM
tig488

sorry i quit reading this thread a few months back, and dont want to read 50 pages, but when will this be available to the public and for how much mulla?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:31 PM
MIAPLAYA

Kits should be shipping now...Avalon racing is selling it for $4750
Old 02-16-2005, 03:55 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kits should be shipping now...Avalon racing is selling it for $4750
Just wondering, what's the deal with the cats? Is it that they are going to be selling cats as an option or what?
Old 02-16-2005, 03:59 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by nis350ztt
Just wondering, what's the deal with the cats? Is it that they are going to be selling cats as an option or what?
They will be selling a kit with a cat downstream of the turbo. In most states this should allow you to pass smog... I know they have been talking about Carb exemption. Not sure what they are going to do there though. G35 kit should be started as early as Friday probably Monday for the G owners. R&D time will obviously be MUCH less considering the similarities to the Z...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

They will be selling a kit with a cat downstream of the turbo. In most states this should allow you to pass smog... I know they have been talking about Carb exemption. Not sure what they are going to do there though. G35 kit should be started as early as Friday probably Monday for the G owners. R&D time will obviously be MUCH less considering the similarities to the Z...
Hmm, maybe i'm just confused on how it's ran. Will it work with stock cats? (btw, there isn't any regular (unless pulled over, and it's a 1% chance the cop would have something to do it) emission testing here, and NO dB tests here ) Is Turbonetics going to make the cats or are they made by someone else?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:31 PM
MIAPLAYA

No Turbonetics will not make the cat but it will be a high flow one. It will be one cat on the downpipe after the turbo...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:32 PM
tig488

only uses 1 cat i believe, right miaplaya, 1 turbo=1 cat
Old 02-16-2005, 04:34 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by tig488
only uses 1 cat i believe, right miaplaya, 1 turbo=1 cat
Correct...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:35 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, so the "Cat Kit" (he he) comes WITH a cat fitted into the turbo dump stream somewhere? So one cat will get the car past smog? I wonder what the estimated losses are with this version?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:38 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by kcobean
Wait, so the "Cat Kit" (he he) comes WITH a cat fitted into the turbo dump stream somewhere? So one cat will get the car past smog? I wonder what the estimated losses are with this version?
Correct. I'm not sure what the numbers were but I know they tested this setup on my car. I'll ask Brad Friday...
Old 02-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

So, how am I going to use the Borla exhaust with this? Get Charles to fab up a small reverse y-pipe?
Old 02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
tig488

tell them to hurry up on the G version, already 1 customer waiting.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:17 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm facing the same issue with the EVO2. I'm thinking about just modifying my X pipe (which is really a double Y-pipe) by cutting it off at the front where the pipes coming from the headers join into the single pipe and having the necessary flange welded on. Guess I'd leave that up to the shop to come up with an appropriate solution. It's a little discouraging that they're producing the piping for this to fit the stock exhaust system flange when 90% of the people who buy this are or will be using aftermarket, and mostly dual exhausts. It would be nice if there was an option for piping to meet up to an aftermarket system where these systems join upto the cats. But that's just me whining like a girl...
Old 02-16-2005, 05:27 PM
thrifiddytt

Originally posted by alpine
Which MOD is that?
Meant the *brakelight* mod. Cut off the signal going to the ecu for the brakelight, 10a..or somethin like that (throttle cuts with simultaneous brake app). I just wired it in through a little switch and some wiring I picked up from Lowes. It doesn't damage the ecu either, I've been running it for a while now. Other members have done similar setups and been using them for a little over a year. the mod helps for the heel/toe driving...drifting..drag.

Mia, it may be overkill for 4 quarts..but here's the product # for the friction modifier
083522803014 Redline LSD friction mod $6

Any word on recommendations for spark plugs and headers...It'd be great if Crawfords fit..
Old 02-16-2005, 07:01 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally posted by kcobean
I'm facing the same issue with the EVO2. I'm thinking about just modifying my X pipe (which is really a double Y-pipe) by cutting it off at the front where the pipes coming from the headers join into the single pipe and having the necessary flange welded on. Guess I'd leave that up to the shop to come up with an appropriate solution. It's a little discouraging that they're producing the piping for this to fit the stock exhaust system flange when 90% of the people who buy this are or will be using aftermarket, and mostly dual exhausts. It would be nice if there was an option for piping to meet up to an aftermarket system where these systems join upto the cats. But that's just me whining like a girl...
Agreed. That would make so many options for this kit though.

Then again, i've heard from one of my friend's that swears by Turbonetics said that Turbonetics is all about making each kit custom for the consumer.

So mia, these are the options for the kit right?

Turbonetics single turbocharger kit - $4750 - includes ECU reflash, 440cc injectors, ss fuel lines, Walbro fuel pump.

Turbonetics single turbocharger kit - ~$4000 - tuner version - does not include ECU reflash, fuel pump, fuel lines, or fuel injectors.

What's the deal with the exhaust? Will there be a kit WITH high-flow cats and one WITHOUT?

Just trying to get everything clear.

Once the kit comes out, and everything is set...I would start a new thread with the facts so everyone knows, this thread has gotten too long.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Single Turbo Kit..Pics/Videos