Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

My new works :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 04:34 PM
MIVsupra93-2JZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niice!! What size are the lip in the rear...5 in??
Old 03-28-2008, 06:20 PM
citymunky

Man I want some
Old 03-28-2008, 09:56 PM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by MIVsupra93-2JZ
Niice!! What size are the lip in the rear...5 in??
thanks
just about 6 inches in the rear and a little under 5 in the front
Old 03-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Sick Z

LOVE it!!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:43 AM
jadaniya
Banned

sick ride man. nm the haters. there's no such thing as right offsets and right tire sizes... what YOU want is right, PERIOD.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:57 AM
LT_350Z

Originally Posted by surfquikslver
thanks
just about 6 inches in the rear and a little under 5 in the front
correct me if im wrong...not trying to say ur a liar or anything but i thought vsxx in 20's only offered max of 122mm lip (4.8")...jus lookin through my catalog from work and thats the max size lip i found.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:36 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by jadaniya
sick ride man. nm the haters. there's no such thing as right offsets and right tire sizes... what YOU want is right, PERIOD.

Just in case you talking about me as one of the haters...Your statement about " there's no such thing as right offsets and right tire sizes" ....is misleading the OP.

I have nothing to hate about. My car was built from ground up (motor, trans,diff,suspension,brakes and body). I am running 20 x 11 and 305x25x20 on my car now and they are tucked in nicely. I have a new set of wheels made with 20x11.5 that was custom fit to have the tires sit on the inside with a 1mm distance between tire and fender. Went with these rims so that my 12 piston 15" rotors in front and 6piston rotors 15" in rear would fit.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...1_391_full.jpg

Now tell me what does the OP have that I have to hate about? Click on my sig and tell me please.

I am here to help others go through what I have already done on my car. YOu talking about there is no right offset? What you think will happen when the OP hits a bump or pothole sending the rims slamming into the fender? You going to help him pay to fix it?

When you post info on here about your car...you are open for criticism...good or bad. What's this word "Hater"? Its a word used my people that hate when someone tells them something they don't like. Its simple....if you don't want to get butt hurt...don't post anything about your ride.

I posted and went through it ! I got a lot of " why would anyone in their right mind spend so much on an Infiniti?" Took my blows and moved on!

Originally Posted by LT_350Z
correct me if im wrong...not trying to say ur a liar or anything but i thought vsxx in 20's only offered max of 122mm lip (4.8")...jus lookin through my catalog from work and thats the max size lip i found.
You are correct..... 4.8" is the size. The OP measure it wrong. It can happen...because I for a long time thought I had 12" rims....but come to find out....I only had 11".

Last edited by XKR; 03-29-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:17 AM
surfquikslver

1st of all wtf is OP? official poster? haha idk

2nd- The lip size in the back is 5 1/2 inches

3rd- Its not possible for my wheel to hit the fender! With the spring and shock pressure there is no way that my wheel would ever hit the fender! Worst case scenario, the tire will rub it. Offsets are a taste, You got The wheels/offsets you wanted, which does not fit my taste and i got the wheels/offset that i want and they obviously dont fit your taste. End of story, Thanks for your advice though.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:52 AM
XKR

3rd- Its not possible for my wheel to hit the fender! With the spring and shock pressure there is no way that my wheel would ever hit the fender! Worst case scenario, the tire will rub it. Offsets are a taste, You got The wheels/offsets you wanted, which does not fit my taste and i got the wheels/offset that i want and they obviously dont fit your taste. End of story, Thanks for your advice though.
I agree with the part about everyone has different ideas about what looks good....but the part you stated that I put in red I will not agree with. If your car was not lowered..then I may agree...but it is lowered.

I took my car to the road race track and my race rims did not show up in time. I borrowed a friends 19" racing setup and after a few laps I ran over an apex taking a tight corner and chipped my fender with the rim. The offset and exposed rim was similar to yours....but yours extends from the car alittle bit more. Thank God it was part of the rolled fender that got hit. That would be the same as you hitting a pothole or bump.

The things I tell you is not from reading books or from other people...its from my experience. Get a few of your friends to sit in your trunk....trust me ....your shock and springs wll not save you.

All I can say is .....good luck and enjoy.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:21 AM
350zDex

Those Rims Are Beautiful!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:22 AM
bassholic
Banned

Wow thanks for hVIng those colored lug nuts. Made my mind up...
Old 03-29-2008, 11:52 AM
zred

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im geting ready to order these for my gtr coming in june. are these in the graphite color? also how much did the wheels go for? btw, i love the way the car looks....
Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Umm BS. That rim can hit that fender no matter what spring pressure is put on unless you have welded your strut solid.

Put two 200lb people in the back of your G, put a sound system or some bags of cat litter maybe or sand in the back, I promise your car will hit that fender and cause major damage to the car and the wheel.

Tire has no chance of rubbing, that RIM will hit. I can PROMISE you this.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:24 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Umm BS. That rim can hit that fender no matter what spring pressure is put on unless you have welded your strut solid.

Put two 200lb people in the back of your G, put a sound system or some bags of cat litter maybe or sand in the back, I promise your car will hit that fender and cause major damage to the car and the wheel.

Well said. You have explained it better than I have. I dont know why when you try and help someone on here they think you are trying to insult them
Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Just in case you talking about me as one of the haters...Your statement about " there's no such thing as right offsets and right tire sizes" ....is misleading the OP.
There is no right offsets or tire sizes... unless you're saying what you like is RIGHT, then ok... people run super low offsets on the Z, run stretched tires, negative camber, slammed to even farther extremes than the OP and are fine. They researched it and drive on it and don't have problems.

Originally Posted by XKR
I have nothing to hate about. My car was built from ground up (motor, trans,diff,suspension,brakes and body). I am running 20 x 11 and 305x25x20 on my car now and they are tucked in nicely. I have a new set of wheels made with 20x11.5 that was custom fit to have the tires sit on the inside with a 1mm distance between tire and fender. Went with these rims so that my 12 piston 15" rotors in front and 6piston rotors 15" in rear would fit.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...1_391_full.jpg

Now tell me what does the OP have that I have to hate about? Click on my sig and tell me please.
Is anyone supposed to care?

Originally Posted by XKR
I am here to help others go through what I have already done on my car. YOu talking about there is no right offset? What you think will happen when the OP hits a bump or pothole sending the rims slamming into the fender? You going to help him pay to fix it?
I think when the OP hits a bump or a pothole he is prepared for it. Do you think you know that much more about rims/tires/offsets than any given person that he is not prepared for such things? Do you drive his car? Can you see how much clearance he has from the pics? I think you just assume you're some sort of authority telling people they are wrong... all I'm saying is give the OP some credit, he might know a hell of a lot more than you.

Originally Posted by XKR

When you post info on here about your car...you are open for criticism...good or bad. What's this word "Hater"? Its a word used my people that hate when someone tells them something they don't like. Its simple....if you don't want to get butt hurt...don't post anything about your ride.
I'm sorry you felt you needed to make this long reply to a post I made and I am sorry I so thoroughly replied. Frankly, I do not want to argue with you (someone I don't know or care about) about someone else's (who I also do not know) car.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:15 PM
surfquikslver

^^ thankyou sir haha.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:16 PM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by zred
im geting ready to order these for my gtr coming in june. are these in the graphite color? also how much did the wheels go for? btw, i love the way the car looks....
thanks man. the gtr will be sickkkk..its called burning black, I got a pretty good deal on them
Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z

haha, thanks for clearing that up...
I dont drive around with 400 pounds worth of fat asses and, litter/sand, olympic weight sets, Sound system, bricks, whatever in my car everyday..or ever. Im a decent driver and dont launch my car into pot holes. its cool.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
black06z

nice wheels and drop.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:38 PM
zz350zz

wow... there is some weird **** going on in here.

haha very clean ride man. love it!

Quick Reply: My new works :)