Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

My new works :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:30 PM
superdds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Well you see my "friend".....I read and comprehend....I don't assume. I responded to a statement the OP made and came to the conclusion that he was being misled.

I don't need to know the OP....this is about his G....not about him personally. It cant be personnel....like you said, I don't know him.

One thing I do know about is a G35. I should by now...I have spent enough on my G to buy 3 of them.

BTW...here is a thread started my someone I know from the FI section who is about to do his entire car over FI and all....

https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37/347514-finally-pics-of-phase-1-of-project-on-my-g.html

As you can see..he has 305x30x19 on 19x11....look at the off set ! He could drop his car till the wheel comes out the roof and it would not touch the fenders. Please dont say "But he has 19s not 20s" Because those numbers mean height.

nice....
Old 03-30-2008, 05:41 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by BBS
I have to agree with XKR on this one. XKR would you mind PM'ing me the name and size of the wheel thats on your website. I want to go with something similar and i want to have the "right" offset and fitment. You're car is amazing!!!
PM sent
Old 03-30-2008, 06:53 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice wheels. Judging from your comments surfquikslvr, I take it that you are not FI and do not have intentions of going FI in the future. Obviously, your setup is not optimal for performance.

I agree with XKR's friendly and helpful advise. I think you can still have looks and style without sacrificing performance. XKR's G is a perfect example.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Its no problem....Like I said before...If you open a Thread on here...you open yourself to criticism...some good...some bad. If you dont like criticism ....dont post. If I really wanted to prove my point.....I could attach this to a thread in the FI section. But those guys are Sharks and they are not as nice as I am.
+1 You called?

jadaniya,

Stop acting like a douche.
If you posted your "Pimp my Ride" kind of nonsense in the FI section, you would get smacked down and this would be the look of satisfaction on many faces.--->

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 03-30-2008 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:33 PM
XKR

LMAO.......you put blood in the water and they will find you......FI SHARK

When you think you are safe
Old 03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by BBS
You just don't seem to get the point. What part of XKR's comments are confusning to you. He is trying to show you the proper way to achieve the look you want. While also having your car handle correctly. He is clearly more experienced than you in this area. Why not just shut up and listen. Are you really that much of a ricer? Your car looks good but "You're doing it wrong" The raw lip sticking out looks stupid.
Pretty much dont understand any of it, nor agree with him...how dont you pick up on that from reading this thread? Clearly have different ways of looking at this. Believe me a ricer wouldnt have a set up like this, you sound like a Noob to fitment youre self.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:21 PM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Nice wheels. Judging from your comments surfquikslvr, I take it that you are not FI and do not have intentions of going FI in the future. Obviously, your setup is not optimal for performance.

I agree with XKR's friendly and helpful advise. I think you can still have looks and style without sacrificing performance. XKR's G is a perfect example.
thank you sir. Ill probably go with a supercharger but ill be on bags. My car is not set up for a track by any means but i wouldnt want to rag on it anyways.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

good lord, that's fkn sexy!!
Old 03-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by PM-Performance
Yes, but it kinda looks stupid by running a grossly wide wheel with a rediculous offset without having the correct width tires. Not to mention not gaining as much of the performance benefit as you might with a proper sized tire.

It looks good dont get me wrong, but not properly done for my tastes. Just shows you have money to throw at it, but not the sense to give it a classy look and good feel.
maybe to you it does, but i love the look. i also like the wide tire look too. its just a matter of preference imho. i can appreciate a good look whether its vip, style, track style, average style or classy style. not everyone seeks a "classy" style like you.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:42 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

SA-WEEEEEET CAR looks awesome
Old 03-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by XKR
Well you see my "friend".....I read and comprehend....I don't assume. I responded to a statement the OP made and came to the conclusion that he was being misled.

I don't need to know the OP....this is about his G....not about him personally. It cant be personnel....like you said, I don't know him.

One thing I do know about is a G35. I should by now...I have spent enough on my G to buy 3 of them.

BTW...here is a thread started my someone I know from the FI section who is about to do his entire car over FI and all....

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347514

As you can see..he has 305x30x19 on 19x11....look at the off set ! He could drop his car till the wheel comes out the roof and it would not touch the fenders. Please dont say "But he has 19s not 20s" Because those numbers mean height.
your friends offset isnt nearly as aggressive as the OP's. i guarantee you that iforged made it that way on purpose. and yes if the OP went with a less aggressive offset he could put larger tires on the car but thats the effect/look he was looking for, not everyone wants/needs 305's in the rear.

i think you stuck in your F/I mind frame, wanting/needing as much rubber in the rear as possible to hook up but not everyone on these forums bought a Z solely for its performance. sharif is going to be finishing up on my little project soon and i'll definately need at least 295's in the rear but im not going to preach to everyone about how they should have at least 295's on their car to make it "proper".

i think the OP went for a certain look and achieved it. i can appreciate that.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:54 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Old 03-30-2008, 10:15 PM
nzpv03

gahh im so jealous...those look amazing...
Old 03-30-2008, 10:16 PM
JSDZ33

the rears are too euro'd out. the stretch look isnt cool. nice wheels though.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:22 PM
hatchboi

Originally Posted by Nexx
your friends offset isnt nearly as aggressive as the OP's. i guarantee you that iforged made it that way on purpose. and yes if the OP went with a less aggressive offset he could put larger tires on the car but thats the effect/look he was looking for, not everyone wants/needs 305's in the rear.

i think you stuck in your F/I mind frame, wanting/needing as much rubber in the rear as possible to hook up but not everyone on these forums bought a Z solely for its performance. sharif is going to be finishing up on my little project soon and i'll definately need at least 295's in the rear but im not going to preach to everyone about how they should have at least 295's on their car to make it "proper".

+1 i didnt know there was a right and wrong offset for our cars......i guess you can tell these guys on this thread (https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/318066-aggressive-wheels-and-stretched-tires-welcome.html) that their setups are wrong
Old 03-30-2008, 10:38 PM
superdds

^^^but the z's fenders are pulled...
Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Nexx

I think you missed the point.....Its not about size of tires or the size of rims.....its not about how much lip is exposed from the tire....its not about how stretched the tire is...its about that rim offset will one day connect with the fender. Looks has nothing to do with it.....its common sense we are talking about here.

If you want to buy a 20x12" rim and put a 150x30x20 tire on it and have the tire stretched flat as a board....KOOL ! If thats the look you are looking for. But when you buy a rim that extends out further than the fender and your are not driving a lowrider chevy....that shows lack of knowledge.You think just because you think a 28" rim would look good on the G/Z it would be safe to put it on....never mind that you cant turn the steering wheel....it just looks kool.... Lets not worry about safty or damage to the car....lets just go with what looks good to me. Kool!

A few others and I have tried to explain it to the OP and he still does not get it. So I am done with the subject FOR NOW.

Last edited by XKR; 03-31-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:32 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

opinions are like *******s everyone has one!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by superdds
^^^but the z's fenders are pulled...

Thank you !!!! Thats my point. The OP's Tire and rim look the same way...but look at the offset of the rim in connection with the fender on the Z !!!!

The Z's rim will NOT hit the fender....its tucked in....the OP's Rim is way out of the safty margin.

Originally Posted by hatchboi
+1 i didnt know there was a right and wrong offset for our cars......i guess you can tell these guys on this thread (https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318066) that their setups are wrong
You know what's funny....you were disagreeing with me...but accidentally proved my point with the pictures you posted.... I guess I should say thank you....LMAO. It also shows me you don't know what the word Offset means....

So let me explain again my meaning of Offset ....."Its the positioning of the rim and tire in conjunction with the fender." Not the way a tire looks on a rim.

Last edited by XKR; 03-30-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:07 AM
BBS
Banned

Originally Posted by surfquikslver
Pretty much dont understand any of it, .

Thats pretty obvious your rims nor your tires fit.

Regards,

Quick Reply: My new works :)