Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

My new works :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Sick Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haters keep hatin! Your car is sick bro! I love that burning black on the VSXX. There's a guy on here with burning black Meisters...sexy..
Old 03-29-2008, 11:35 PM
jimmyloose

Something about seeing a 275 section tire looking stretched is awesome.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:17 AM
BBS
Banned

Originally Posted by surfquikslver

Im doing a photoshoot today so ill post some more soon.

thats all that comes to mind.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:19 AM
BBS
Banned

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
No, you got the right offset that makes you happy. But you got the wrong offset if you want to run much wider tires in the back.
SOLO what offset you do you need to run a 315 on a 11" wheel?
Old 03-30-2008, 04:23 AM
BBS
Banned

Exactly..but I dont want to run any wider tires..I drive an japenese tuner car not a muscle car aka mustang or corvette that i need to throw 305s or even 315's on.
Your car looks amazing but more rubber does not look specifically domestic.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:30 AM
BBS
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Well...I have the same car as you....running OVER 600whp and my car is a Japenese tuner car with 305x25x20 on the rear beating up on a lot of Mustangs and corvette's ( did I say '07 ZO6 )....

If I were you...I would try and exchange the rears for a 20x10 or 10.5 with a better offset....because if you hit the right size pot hole you dont have enough room for the car to naturally camber adjust to avoid the fender....the rims have the wrong off set.

Click on my cardomain page and you will see where the lips should be lined up and thats with 305x25x20. I will post some pic's of my car with 11.5 in the rear with 305's and it sits within the fender . Yes I rolled them.

The advise they are giving you is just to help you....thats how the G/Z family roll
Your car looks amazing, i agree your wheel fitment looks much better. What front bumper is that?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:22 AM
hatchboi

nice wheels bro, i have the same wheels in 20's also but running a 285 in the rear. i wanna change it to 275 with the offset being at +4 all around. what offset do you have?
Old 03-30-2008, 05:43 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by jadaniya
There is no right offsets or tire sizes... unless you're saying what you like is RIGHT, then ok... people run super low offsets on the Z, run stretched tires, negative camber, slammed to even farther extremes than the OP and are fine. They researched it and drive on it and don't have problems.

First off.....my response is not to discuss with the OP what I like over what he likes...the purpose is to educate him on something I do know and which its obvious he does not. The statement that he made that there is no way that the rims will hit the fender shows me that. There is nothing wrong with Stretched tires, negative camber, slammed cars....but if you want to have your rims hanging out 3 or more inches from your fender...you better not have your car that low. Been there done that ...so I know !!!

Is anyone supposed to care?.
No....I dont care what you think....its obvious you dont know much. I only care what my Big Dawg friends in the FI section think because some know more than me

I think when the OP hits a bump or a pothole he is prepared for it. Do you think you know that much more about rims/tires/offsets than any given person that he is not prepared for such things? Do you drive his car? Can you see how much clearance he has from the pics? I think you just assume you're some sort of authority telling people they are wrong... all I'm saying is give the OP some credit, he might know a hell of a lot more than you.

Read Einstein .....the OP stated that there is no way that it would hit the fender. And yes...its obvous that I do know more than you and the OP...I have been racing in SCCA Pro and IMSA for over 12 years....so I better know something. And if you cant tell from the pictures that something is waiting to happen....you should just read and not respond.

I'm sorry you felt you needed to make this long reply to a post I made and I am sorry I so thoroughly replied. Frankly, I do not want to argue with you (someone I don't know or care about) about someone else's (who I also do not know) car.

Its no problem....Like I said before...If you open a Thread on here...you open yourself to criticism...some good...some bad. If you dont like criticism ....dont post. If I really wanted to prove my point.....I could attach this to a thread in the FI section. But those guys are Sharks and they are not as nice as I am.

And my last statement to the OP......Love the Rims...Love the color match on your G....my point is...you can get the same rims with the same size tires....but with a safer offset. If this was a show car ....ahh, you could stick the offset out 10" more .....anyway...you enjoy it.

Last edited by XKR; 03-30-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:44 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by BBS
Your car looks amazing, i agree your wheel fitment looks much better. What front bumper is that?

Its the Nismo bumper....

Thx
Old 03-30-2008, 06:00 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by BBS

Nice Supra......d@mn that thing looks mean
Old 03-30-2008, 06:15 AM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Originally Posted by BBS

Whoa!! noice supra!!
Old 03-30-2008, 06:27 AM
surfquikslver

Originally Posted by XKR
First off.....my response is not to discuss with the OP what I like over what he likes...the purpose is to educate him on something I do know and which its obvious he does not. The statement that he made that there is no way that the rims will hit the fender shows me that. There is nothing wrong with Stretched tires, negative camber, slammed cars....but if you want to have your rims hanging out 3 or more inches from your fender...you better not have your car that low. Been there done that ...so I know !!!

No....I dont care what you think....its obvious you dont know much. I only care what my Big Dawg friends in the FI section think because some know more than me

Read Einstein .....the OP stated that there is no way that it would hit the fender. And yes...its obvous that I do know more than you and the OP...I have been racing in SCCA Pro and IMSA for over 12 years....so I better know something. And if you cant tell from the pictures that something is waiting to happen....you should just read and not respond.

Its no problem....Like I said before...If you open a Thread on here...you open yourself to criticism...some good...some bad. If you dont like criticism ....dont post. If I really wanted to prove my point.....I could attach this to a thread in the FI section. But those guys are Sharks and they are not as nice as I am.

And my last statement to the OP......Love the Rims...Love the color match on your G....my point is...you can get the same rims with the same size tires....but with a safer offset. If this was a show car ....ahh, you could stick the offset out 10" more .....anyway...you injoy it.

DUDE why do you have so much free time, You cant judge anything by these pics..If you saw the car in person you would notice that its not poking THREE inches, its not rolling mexican lowrider style(no offense to anyone on here )
Its probably barely an inch, probably about 15 mm's.
And as far as the race track with your wheel hitting the fender, I dont drive on a race track! Its totally different physics, These wheels have been owned by two different G owners before me, There cars looked sick AND one of the owners even ran a BBK which led him to have to run spacers which would mean more poke. Theres no problem having these wheels if your a cautious driver.
I didnt want my car to have the same fitment like every other G out there.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:44 AM
XKR

DUDE why do you have so much free time, You cant judge anything by these pics..If you saw the car in person you would notice that its not poking THREE inches, its not rolling mexican lowrider style(no offense to anyone on here )
And as far as the race track with your wheel hitting the fender, I dont drive on a race track! Its totally different physics, These wheels have been owned by two different G owners before me, There cars looked sick AND one of the owners even ran a BBK which led him to have to run spacers which would mean more poke. Theres no problem having these wheels if your a cautious driver.
surfquikslver .......

DUDE why do you have so much free time.
I guess I invested well....j/k

The 3" was of course an exaggeration...I am going from the pictures. I am not saying that you are going to race the car....I was using that as an example as you hitting a pot hole on the street or a sizable bump.

The 19" rims that I borrowed from a friend had less of an offset than you did and mine hit...but inside on the rolled fender.

you can get some body work done to prevent any damage....and with that offset....you would be sitting pretty...

No hard feelings...and good luck.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:00 AM
BBS
Banned

You just don't seem to get the point. What part of XKR's comments are confusning to you. He is trying to show you the proper way to achieve the look you want. While also having your car handle correctly. He is clearly more experienced than you in this area. Why not just shut up and listen. Are you really that much of a ricer? Your car looks good but "You're doing it wrong" The raw lip sticking out looks stupid.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:17 AM
neight

those wheels are gorgeous man!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:28 AM
pacalypse

Originally Posted by BBS
You just don't seem to get the point. What part of XKR's comments are confusning to you. He is trying to show you the proper way to achieve the look you want. While also having your car handle correctly. He is clearly more experienced than you in this area. Why not just shut up and listen. Are you really that much of a ricer? Your car looks good but "You're doing it wrong" The raw lip sticking out looks stupid.

You tell him.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:48 PM
jadaniya
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR

Read Einstein .....the OP stated that there is no way that it would hit the fender. And yes...its obvous that I do know more than you and the OP...
I wish I had the confidence you have... to be able to tell any random person that I know more than them, while knowing absolutely nothing about them. But then again, to assume that much would be ignorant.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:12 PM
XKR

I wish I had the confidence you have... to be able to tell any random person that I know more than them, while knowing absolutely nothing about them. But then again, to assume that much would be ignorant.
Well you see my "friend".....I read and comprehend....I don't assume. I responded to a statement the OP made and came to the conclusion that he was being misled.

I don't need to know the OP....this is about his G....not about him personally. It cant be personnel....like you said, I don't know him.

One thing I do know about is a G35. I should by now...I have spent enough on my G to buy 3 of them.

BTW...here is a thread started my someone I know from the FI section who is about to do his entire car over FI and all....

https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37/347514-finally-pics-of-phase-1-of-project-on-my-g.html

As you can see..he has 305x30x19 on 19x11....look at the off set ! He could drop his car till the wheel comes out the roof and it would not touch the fenders. Please dont say "But he has 19s not 20s" Because those numbers mean height.

Last edited by XKR; 03-30-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:17 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bhendjol
Whoa!! noice supra!!
That was just built for a guy in Vegas by Soud Performance. If you think that is nice.... if you look at the reflection in the rear bumper on the left, you can see like a lime green color.... That's his 1100WHP Twin Turbo Heffner Gallardo!!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 05:30 PM
BBS
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
Well you see my "friend".....I read and comprehend....I don't assume. I responded to a statement the OP made and came to the conclusion that he was being misled.

I don't need to know the OP....this is about his G....not about him personally. It cant be personnel....like you said, I don't know him.

One thing I do know about is a G35. I should by now...I have spent enough on my G to buy 3 of them.

BTW...here is a thread started my someone I know from the FI section who is about to do his entire car over FI and all....

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347514

As you can see..he has 305x30x19 on 19x11....look at the off set ! He could drop his car till the wheel comes out the roof and it would not touch the fenders. Please dont say "But he has 19s not 20s" Because those numbers mean height.
I have to agree with XKR on this one. XKR would you mind PM'ing me the name and size of the wheel thats on your website. I want to go with something similar and i want to have the "right" offset and fitment. You're car is amazing!!!

Quick Reply: My new works :)