Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

FYI.....under development.....350EVO COMPLETE Intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 02:38 PM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I have stated early on in this thread ...the retail pricing would be about the same as some of the exhaust systems on the market....over $850 and under $1399.
Pricing also will depend on how many units are made......the more we can justify producing....the lower the cost may be.
But those numbers are the initial ballpark retail prices.
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 04-07-2005, 08:32 AM
Road Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dwnshift
As I have stated early on in this thread ...the retail pricing would be about the same as some of the exhaust systems on the market....over $850 and under $1399.
Pricing also will depend on how many units are made......the more we can justify producing....the lower the cost may be.
But those numbers are the initial ballpark retail prices.
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com

could you answer my question on what type of intake will this setup have....air box, short ram, cold air or a combination???

i am very interested to know before i invest in something else....thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 09:41 AM
turbo-maxima

youll are going to spend all that extra money for like 5 whp. Or an intake manifold that takes away all the low end torque and makes peak hp.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by turbo-maxima
youll are going to spend all that extra money for like 5 whp. Or an intake manifold that takes away all the low end torque and makes peak hp.
really.....so how would you know all that.....and where did you come up with 5 hp and wouldn't that depend on the other mods that you have on your car

not trying to be a dick or anything but just throwing out blanket statements like that is bs to say the least. how about something to backup your claim and knowledge of this product.....which is still in the development stages btw

Last edited by Road Warrior; 04-07-2005 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:57 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

actually Nissan has designed a great intake manifold, maybe not the best upper intake manifold, but definitely the best lower intake manifold. by shorten the lower intake manifold you will lose some torque, but gain hp. this has been tested by 3rd party plenum designer..
Old 04-07-2005, 12:07 PM
dwnshift

Well see what we come up with.......then you guys can decide for yourself.
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 04-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Apexi350z
actually Nissan has designed a great intake manifold, maybe not the best upper intake manifold, but definitely the best lower intake manifold. by shorten the lower intake manifold you will lose some torque, but gain hp. this has been tested by 3rd party plenum designer..

there is always more than one game in town....so why don't we wait and see what develops before we say that something can't be better than the stock lower plenum

i have a feeling that 350evo will come up with something worth while or they wouldn't even have mentioned this in the first place. 350evo has a great name in the aftermarket industry and they are known to make quality parts for the z with race proven performance technology

patience kidz....ohhhh the speculation is just that and nothing more

rw....out

Last edited by Road Warrior; 04-07-2005 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:34 PM
xephiron

Totally agree it isn't fair to dog a product that isn't even developed haha !! I was only trying to price using an alternative (but similar) setup of replacements. I missed the post earlier in the thread sorry guys @ 350EVO. Good luck, can't wait to see how things turn out. The VQ35 is a great engine, I don't think anyone has come close to unleashing all it's power.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:20 PM
seanlaw

kinetix just annouced their new runner intake manifold...better hurry up guys ... sorry just can't wait to see their competition...i love this market
Old 04-08-2005, 11:56 AM
dwnshift

I love it.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:24 PM
seanlaw

any opinions on their setup so far, 350evo?
Old 04-08-2005, 12:29 PM
protocav

Originally Posted by seanlaw
kinetix just annouced their new runner intake manifold...better hurry up guys ... sorry just can't wait to see their competition...i love this market

yes, but have you noticed the disgustingness of it (yes it's a word)? it will only make power in FI form as well. huge diameter, short length runners is the wrong direction for NA torque. believe it or not, the stock lower plenum has some long runners...i have measured them.

350evo has produced some very high quality, functional products, and i can't wait to see it.

Chad
Old 04-08-2005, 03:44 PM
jreiter

Originally Posted by protocav
yes, but have you noticed the disgustingness of it (yes it's a word)? it will only make power in FI form as well. huge diameter, short length runners is the wrong direction for NA torque. believe it or not, the stock lower plenum has some long runners...i have measured them.
Well, to be fair, the pictures they posted so far are only of the prototype. The production version will be polished, so I'm sure it won't look so disgusting. And they did admit it was designed primarily for FI. (Their test car has a supercharger.) They said they do plan to do some NA dynos soon, but even Kinetix themselves ("LSDUNIQUE") admitted it probably won't be what most NA people are after. So at least they're being pretty honest about it so far.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:26 PM
protocav

Originally Posted by jreiter
Well, to be fair, the pictures they posted so far are only of the prototype. The production version will be polished, so I'm sure it won't look so disgusting. And they did admit it was designed primarily for FI. (Their test car has a supercharger.) They said they do plan to do some NA dynos soon, but even Kinetix themselves ("LSDUNIQUE") admitted it probably won't be what most NA people are after. So at least they're being pretty honest about it so far.

in all fairness, you are absolutely right.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:20 PM
ReavTek

With Kinetix stating their Manifold is geared towards FI... Does this leave 350EVO all alone in the NA full intake manifold market? Crawford is still sticking to the upper plenum. What about AAM?
Old 04-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Mr_Q

waiting for N/A results...subscribing...
Old 04-15-2005, 07:24 PM
ReavTek

Bump... Please take my money and give me 30whp, thank you.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:30 PM
GY-Z

Originally Posted by ReavTek
Bump... Please take my money and give me 30whp, thank you.
LOL
Old 04-15-2005, 08:07 PM
turbo-maxima

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
really.....so how would you know all that.....and where did you come up with 5 hp and wouldn't that depend on the other mods that you have on your car

not trying to be a dick or anything but just throwing out blanket statements like that is bs to say the least. how about something to backup your claim and knowledge of this product.....which is still in the development stages btw
There is just so much air you can cram into the intake. A manifold with very short runners would provide high hp numbers but take away low-end torque. I think that is going to be the best for the 350z because they have plenty of low end torque to start out with.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 AM
dwnshift

We have a meeting set up tomorrow evening in Indy.
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com

Quick Reply: FYI.....under development.....350EVO COMPLETE Intake manifold