Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BJ, I sent you an email...let me know.
Thanks,
Nick Kroger
Old 04-18-2005, 11:05 AM
kinjal

Originally Posted by dwnshift
We have a meeting set up tomorrow evening in Indy.
Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com
a post-meeting update would be nice. i have been very active and excited about the kinetix version of the intake manifold. the biggest drawback of the kinetix, is that it is geared towards FI gains. for those of us who want to stick to NA mods, spending 650+ on an intake manifold for minor perf. gains is just not worth it. the kinetix manifold is set to be released in the next 2 weeks as a group buy in the 650-700 range. can you folks at 350evo give us a major update in terms of release date, price, dyno numbers, etc., so that those of us who are deciding between the kinetix and 350evo can make our minds up somewhat?
Old 04-18-2005, 11:22 AM
rgreene

Agreed, I'd really hate to see decent numbers on the Kinetix for NA and buy it, only to find out after I purchase the Kinetix that the 350evo numbers are better.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Mr_Q

Originally Posted by rgreene
Agreed, I'd really hate to see decent numbers on the Kinetix for NA and buy it, only to find out after I purchase the Kinetix that the 350evo numbers are better.
Same here! At $700 I'd go for it if it could do 20hp min. 30hp+ would be stellar.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:44 AM
kinjal

the kinetix manifold should be around 675-725 for the group buy!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:14 AM
BKMC

just wait till both are out on the market, and then buy!
Old 04-19-2005, 01:25 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would wait even after the 350EVO comes out...I know another company that is doing a complete intake manifold replacement and they are reputable. The Kinetix looks fantastic and the F/I gains are awesome...and i'm sure the 350EVO will be great...but I want to consider all options before buying.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:00 PM
dwnshift

Sorry for the late reply as we were out testing today.
The meeting went very very very well and things will be progressing at a much higher rate.
We should be seeing a couple of prototypes dyno tested within a very short amount of time.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:15 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm willing to bet 350EVO has the better numbers - for NA at least

their stuff usually is the best out there
Old 04-22-2005, 12:57 PM
dwnshift

Just have to see how it goes.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Road Warrior

quit teasing...give it up dwnshift
Old 04-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Losing Grip II

Originally Posted by sentry65
i'm willing to bet 350EVO has the better numbers - for NA at least

their stuff usually is the best out there
quit assuming that kinetix is actually planning to release this intake manifold soon. they wont even let us know if they have at least dynoed a NA car with their IM. shyt, i bet it imploded like the rest of the plenum designs haha

john

btw: 350evo's products are THEE best now if only i had remembered that the camber arms needed grease before i put them on.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:39 AM
dwnshift

I am just as excited and anxious as everyone else on this one.

Testing will be baised on both the original OEM middle plenum and the new REV it up middle plenum which has proved to make gains over the the older version.
Once the initial back to back dyno testing takes place on the OEM parts...they are then going to tested on flow bench and fluid dynamic testing. This data will then be compiled and they will be given certin specs for runner diameter , runner length , plenum volume and flow data.
It will then be feed into a 3D cad system which will plot the parts shape.Once the shape is determined the data is then coverted into another type of file and be transffered to a rapid prototyping machine that is linked to theCAD system. I am not completely sure how it all works exactly but.....
This sytem takes the data from the 3d CAD drawing and controls a laser which will cut a fully functional part out of plastic.
This part will then be placed back on the engine and more dyno testing will take place.
If any changes are needed to be made another prototype part can be made.
Once they get all the dyno testing completed and are satisfied with the part.
It can then be processed and a finished product can be turned out within a matter of days.
Just so everyone knows...this manifold will be tested and designed for NA applications.
Once we get the part in we will be working with Tadashi and the gang fro TechnoSqaure to develop a ECU program for this setup.
For those that have added camshafts to their VQ35 ...you will be very happy with the results.

Our new headers will also be being tested at this time so that we can offer a entire package.
Also a cat back exhaust is in the pipe line so that we can offer the complete package for NA tuning.

Last edited by dwnshift; 04-23-2005 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:22 AM
Z CRUZN

BJ - Sounds like you guys are gettin' CrAzY there - ha! Excellent....keep us filled in on the progress of the various parts. (any small 350evo stickers in yet??) Jack
Old 04-23-2005, 09:49 AM
roark

Originally Posted by dwnshift
I am just as excited and anxious as everyone else on this one.

Testing will be baised on both the original OEM middle plenum and the new REV it up middle plenum which has proved to make gains over the the older version.
Once the initial back to back dyno testing takes place on the OEM parts...they are then going to tested on flow bench and fluid dynamic testing. This data will then be compiled and they will be given certin specs for runner diameter , runner length , plenum volume and flow data.
It will then be feed into a 3D cad system which will plot the parts shape.Once the shape is determined the data is then coverted into another type of file and be transffered to a rapid prototyping machine that is linked to theCAD system. I am not completely sure how it all works exactly but.....
This sytem takes the data from the 3d CAD drawing and controls a laser which will cut a fully functional part out of plastic.
This part will then be placed back on the engine and more dyno testing will take place.
If any changes are needed to be made another prototype part can be made.
Once they get all the dyno testing completed and are satisfied with the part.
It can then be processed and a finished product can be turned out within a matter of days.
Just so everyone knows...this manifold will be tested and designed for NA applications.
Once we get the part in we will be working with Tadashi and the gang fro TechnoSqaure to develop a ECU program for this setup.
For those that have added camshafts to their VQ35 ...you will be very happy with the results.

Our new headers will also be being tested at this time so that we can offer a entire package.
Also a cat back exhaust is in the pipe line so that we can offer the complete package for NA tuning.
BJ,

I work a bit with SLA and SLS rapid prototyping myself. My lab has an SLA 3D printer that I've used for small parts. The only bit of advice I'd give is to think about rigidity and flex. The polymer is very strong, but it will flex a bit which may impact your testing. Make sure to design in lots of structural ridges. Besides, fins are cool!!!

I can't wait to see where you go. Best of luck.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:08 AM
dwnshift

Thanks for the heads up.
This is the same way they designed the intake manifold for the INFINITI DP engine that got banned for amking too much power.

They ended up wiht over 200 dyno engine pulls on the prototype manifold. The final piece will not be out of plastic.

Last edited by dwnshift; 04-23-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:14 PM
rgreene

Any chance you guys would be offering a plenum + cams + ECU package?
Old 04-23-2005, 04:41 PM
ReavTek

Is there any way we can get photos of the prototype? Just to see how it looks and whatnot and get a grasp of the structure. Also, how well would you say this mod accentuates high lift cams? I ask because I would like to buy this IM, some Tomei cams, headers and have them installed and tuned all at once.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:57 PM
430ztt

BJ, this is AWESOME news too hear. Now I have to be patient again and wait for you to finish your whole NA package.....I want to stay NA and you seem to be the only people out there that are gearing parts towards the NA crowd....Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, Headers, and now Exhaust too??? Will you guy be designing cams and valve train pieces as well in the near future?
Thanks,
Nick Kroger
Old 04-24-2005, 02:20 AM
Z350Lover

Wooohooo.... N/A all the way!!! dwnshift, I think you have a lot of people waiting after this N/A part now... and I am sure you will amaze all of us!

cheers,

richie

Quick Reply: FYI.....under development.....350EVO COMPLETE Intake manifold