Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

It's ON. 4pm on Satuday, Church Automotive Testing. I believe they do dynapack testing (chassis style dyno).

Sorry for the delay everyone.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 04-25-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM
amG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony, what was the outcome of your visit to Nissan? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:56 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

finally...
Old 04-25-2006, 03:56 PM
chuckie311

subscribed
Old 04-25-2006, 04:21 PM
bilinghm

Originally Posted by Road Warrior
so what is it exactly that you are trying to accomplish?

are you going for more air flow, and if so how are you going to test the differences in the air flow?

I am going to attempt to duplicate what is done on the Mrev + I have the pictures from the site, and adding clearence above the front runners is easy to do on a milling machine. However, you have asked the key question. How will I know if I have succeeded? I guess I will do a before and after dyno test.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:40 PM
OCG35Coupe

How did it go at Corporate Nissan of North America??
Old 04-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bilinghm
I am going to attempt to duplicate what is done on the Mrev + I have the pictures from the site, and adding clearence above the front runners is easy to do on a milling machine. However, you have asked the key question. How will I know if I have succeeded? I guess I will do a before and after dyno test.
i see...i thought maybe you were going to do some more extensive work on the lower plenum. but yes, i can see where that would be easy to duplicate. good luck with it.

is anyone testing the mrev and the 287 hp engine on the dyno?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Consistant Results

Hi Guys,

Here it is! A print out straight from the source. So far it looks consistant with the previous dyno. I will export the tabular data into excel for a detailed A-B analysis.

I may also dyno this setup on a REVUP 350Z with Wired24/7 this Saturday to see what the results are with only a modified lower collector.

Good data was also obtained at the track event last Saturday that will directly show (quantitatively) what the overall comparative effect will be on Horse Power as it is applied to the road course track.

MREV Vs REVUP lower collector.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 12-10-2006 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Wish it were that easy.

What is shown on the website will indeed work, but keep in mind there is much more to it than what is shown in the picture.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
godmans

I like how you guys beat on the "long tubed CAI" lol; but well, we have too many feedbacks where people are losing power with those CAIs anyways..

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Hi Guys,

Here it is! A print out straight from the source. So far it looks consistant with the previous dyno. I will export the tabular data into excel for a detailed A-B analysis.

I may also dyno this setup on a REVUP 350Z with Wired24/7 this Saturday to see what the results are with only a modified lower collector.

Good data was also obtained at the track event last Saturday that will directly show (quantitatively) what the overall comparative effect will be on Horse Power as it is applied to the road course track.

Old 04-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

I'm sold, when can I place my order for the MREV++?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
godmans

well, shouldn't the 287 ppl get priorities? lol.. the revup ppl got Mrev+ already..I guess it would be a good ideas to sell some Mrev++ to some 287 ppl first so they can provide you with some "individual" reviews like individual dyno runs and track performance..
Old 04-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by godmans
I like how you guys beat on the "long tubed CAI" lol; but well, we have too many feedbacks where people are losing power with those CAIs anyways..
I don't beat on long tube CAI. I don't have a predjudice to encourage or disuade their use. They are what they are. If you like them by all means be happy with them.

The above was a dyno set the Z owner performed on a CAI.

Its not related to testing of MREV but it was performed the same day and all pulls were printed on the same page by the owner.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Mr_pharmD
I'm sold, when can I place my order for the MREV++?
Soon.

Probably next week or shortly after the additional dynos on Saturday.

The machine shop has lots of lower collectors to modify and I have a lot of logistics to coordinate.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 04-25-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:21 AM
bilinghm

Wish it were that easy.

What is shown on the website will indeed work, but keep in mind there is much more to it than what is shown in the picture.
Are you saying that the original machined lower plenum shown on your web site has substantial additional modifications that are invisible to the eye? You say it will work, and then imply that it won't work. I don’t understand.

Quoting from your site:

“There is only about 1/8" clearance between the first two inlets and the plenum cover. This creates a significant air flow restriction that reduces engine breathing and power output.

If the height of the flow area above the runner inlets were increased it by 1/8" it would reduce the flow restriction (pressure drop) by a factor of 4. If the height were increased once again by another 1/8" or to a total of 1/4" it would reduce the pressure drop by a factor of 9. If the plenum were lifted by a total of 3/8" it would reduce the pressure drop by a factor of 16. If it lifted by 1/2" it will reduce pressure drop by a factor of 25.

Reduction of pressure drop is asymptotic and inversely proportional to flow area. In other words this means the greatest benefit will be realized within the first 1/8" of added height. Fluid dynamic theory, dyno data and flow bench test data support this”.

If I am understanding your statements, adding a clearance of 1/8 to 1/4 will yield a noticeable benefit.

On the other hand I can understand why you wouldn’t want to discuss how you are modifying parts that your competitors have not figured out a way to do. But realistically, if someone is going to rip you off and copy your development work, all they must do is buy a Mrev+, and get busy. I am not trying to become a seller of modified intake manifolds. I am just an interested amateur trying to learn. Also, I happen to enjoy doing projects like these. I appreciate any information and insights that you are willing to share.

Thanks, Bilinghm
Old 04-26-2006, 06:42 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Are you saying that the original machined lower plenum shown on your web site has substantial additional modifications that are invisible to the eye? You say it will work, and then imply that it won't work. I don’t understand.

If I am understanding your statements, adding a clearance of 1/8 to 1/4 will yield a noticeable benefit.

On the other hand I can understand why you wouldn’t want to discuss how you are modifying parts that your competitors have not figured out a way to do. But realistically, if someone is going to rip you off and copy your development work, all they must do is buy a Mrev+, and get busy. I am not trying to become a seller of modified intake manifolds. I am just an interested amateur trying to learn. Also, I happen to enjoy doing projects like these. I appreciate any information and insights that you are willing to share.

Thanks, Bilinghm
I'm not implying that it won't work. As I said in the previous post, it will indeed work. And you will see it in testing.

But what I am also saying, is there is more modification to MREV+ than is shown in the picture.

I specifically didn't want to show everything so some machining processes were left out of that picture.

And yes, I know the idea can be easily lifted... Not much can be done about that, but there is no need to make it any easier by posting explicit pictures or drawings.

Oh well... I'll just keep comming up with new mods anyways. I have many others in development right now that will require multiple patents.

Some will be huge. Bolt it onto a Z, a Mustang, STI or Ferrari and it will function the same way. If it works on my car it will work on any car. I already dyno tested some with very good results.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 AM
bilinghm

I'm not implying that it won't work. As I said in the previous post, it will indeed work. And you will see it in testing.

But what I am also saying, is there is more modification to MREV+ than is shown in the picture.

I specifically didn't want to show everything so some machining processes were left out of that picture.

And yes, I know the idea can be easily lifted... Not much can be done about that, but there is no need to make it any easier by posting explicit pictures or drawings.

Oh well... I'll just keep comming up with new mods anyways. I have many others in development right now that will require multiple patents.

Some will be huge. Bolt it onto a Z, a Mustang, STI or Ferrari and it will function the same way. If it works on my car it will work on any car. I already dyno tested some with very good results.

Good luck on the U.S. patents. They are extremely hard to obtain. I have a couple of patents and they took about 5 years of work. In my experience, a good marketing plan is better than a patent. Better to sell the product then worry about protection from competitors.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:08 AM
rythex

Can you take that to PM instead of cluttering up the thread Bilinghm?

Thanks!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Road Warrior

Wish it were that easy.

can you go into more specifics as to what the differences are?

the way it appears, is that a little bit of milling has been done...but if there is more i would like to know.

i think motordyne is a great company and i am interested in this product.

i am hoping that there are some gains to be made with the mrev and an aftermarket plenum on the 287

thanks
Old 04-26-2006, 07:16 AM
bilinghm

A summary of results would be very valuable:
Mrev + on the 287
Mrev + on 287 with spacer
Mrev ++ on 287, etc. What works best?

Quick Reply: MREV+ Dyno Tested On The 287 HP Engine!