Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Just got the STILLEN EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 08:19 PM
SoCalKid86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got the STILLEN EXHAUST

Hey guys, just got the Stillen cat-back exhaust system put on last friday. I'll post pics in a lil bit, but lemme tell ya, these exhaust system rocks. The sound is not annoying like a honda or acura...imagine the sound u get already, just a lil magnified at 3500 rpm and up, u get a lil bit more of the high performance high pitch kind of tone as well. In the lower RPM's, u hear the bubbly lows a lil more, but not that loud at all, its a very tasteful sound all in all if you ask me. The HP gain is supposed to be 13 HP and 14 ft. torque.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:34 PM
Static

Awesome. Keep us posted and please take pics if you can!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:15 PM
GY-Z

ya..pics..pics!!
i planning to swap my exhaust system too!But dono which one is better.!! any idea?
Old 02-17-2003, 09:16 PM
raceboy
Banned

I should comment since I had a Stillen exhaust on my SE-R. It was the best damn sounding exhaust I ever heard.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:22 AM
md350z

Default Re: Just got the STILLEN EXHAUST

Originally posted by SoCalKid86
Hey guys, just got the Stillen cat-back exhaust system put on last friday. I'll post pics in a lil bit, but lemme tell ya, these exhaust system rocks. The sound is not annoying like a honda or acura...imagine the sound u get already, just a lil magnified at 3500 rpm and up, u get a lil bit more of the high performance high pitch kind of tone as well. In the lower RPM's, u hear the bubbly lows a lil more, but not that loud at all, its a very tasteful sound all in all if you ask me. The HP gain is supposed to be 13 HP and 14 ft. torque.
Thanks, Socalkid86

I have my on order. I am curious how it looks.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:30 AM
KJ-350

Lots of pics and a video or sound clips would be great!!!!

how was the fit? any issues with the install at all?
Old 02-18-2003, 05:21 AM
ColecatZ

Can't wait to see it, mine should be shipping this week. I hope to see it by the first part of next week.

pics pics pics

Tip size in relation to stock?
Old 02-18-2003, 05:38 AM
Anthz

Outstanding. Do you have any information on the weight of the exhaust (stainless steel), compaired to stock?
Old 02-18-2003, 06:02 AM
daytona350z

hey i wanna check it out!!
lemme know when i can see it
Old 02-18-2003, 07:10 AM
mytalon

Does it look stock from the back? How is the fit around the rear stabilizer bar? Is it lighter than stock?
Old 02-18-2003, 07:48 AM
stillenguy

I'm glad you're all interested in the new 350Z Cat Back! As you might have guessed by my sig, I work for Stillen, and can tell you the tips are the same size as stock, and at first glance you won't notice a differance. But, upon closer examination, they are different.

Because this system is an all stainless steel, dual pipe with cross-over it does weigh a bit more than stock, but not by much and the system produces enough power that you'll not notice the weight at all.

I have a rather interesting pic of the system, but because I work for them, I'm not certain it would be proper to post it, ya know? It's shot from under the car...the car is above the camera, so you can see from the manifold all the way out the back. Kinda cool, but it really shows what you're getting when you buy one. Steve Millen personally tested 5 prototypes before being happy with the tones and power produced by this unit. If you need to know more, let me know.
Don Weberg
Marketing Coordinator
STILLEN
Old 02-18-2003, 08:03 AM
deviousZ
Banned

I don't know 13hp and 14tq sounds like alot on a none turbo car. Is thier a dyno chart to back that claim up?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:18 AM
Quark

Originally posted by deviousZ
I don't know 13hp and 14tq sounds like alot on a none turbo car. Is thier a dyno chart to back that claim up?
stillen doesnt believe in dynos...or hides them very well.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:19 AM
bigone

Default Where and how much

Those of you that already received or ordered the Stillen exhaust where did you get it and how much?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:59 AM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by stillenguy
I'm glad you're all interested in the new 350Z Cat Back! As you might have guessed by my sig, I work for Stillen, and can tell you the tips are the same size as stock, and at first glance you won't notice a differance. But, upon closer examination, they are different.

Because this system is an all stainless steel, dual pipe with cross-over it does weigh a bit more than stock, but not by much and the system produces enough power that you'll not notice the weight at all.

I have a rather interesting pic of the system, but because I work for them, I'm not certain it would be proper to post it, ya know? It's shot from under the car...the car is above the camera, so you can see from the manifold all the way out the back. Kinda cool, but it really shows what you're getting when you buy one. Steve Millen personally tested 5 prototypes before being happy with the tones and power produced by this unit. If you need to know more, let me know.
Don Weberg
Marketing Coordinator
STILLEN

We have to see some Dyno results... please!
Old 02-18-2003, 09:31 AM
99AllTurbo

Not trying to be an A$$, but I have a feeling we won't get to see any dyno sheets from this guy.

How does Stillen expect us to believe in his product when there hasn't been any proof of the power gain he claims?

I'm not trying to bash Stillen since I've never owned any of their products, but from reading previous threads, it sounds like Stillen has mislead people in the past (just the impression I get from the threads I have read).

I'm not buying anyones products just because they fit/look/ sound good. I WANT MORE POWER, and unless Stillen or a Z owner is nice enough to provide a dyno comparison, I'm not convinced of the 13hp gain they are claiming.

My $0.02

Last edited by 99AllTurbo; 02-18-2003 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:36 AM
bigone

Default Dyno

Originally posted by 99AllTurbo
Not trying to be an A$$, but I have a feeling we won't get to see any dyno sheets from this guy.

How does Stillen expect us to beleive in his product when there hasn't been any proof of the power gains he claims?

I'm not trying to trash Stillen since I've never owned any of their products but from reading previous threads, it sounds like Stillen has mislead people in the past, (just the impression I get from the threads I have read).

I'm not buying anyones products just because they fit/look/ sound good. I WANT MORE POWER, and unless Stillen or a Z owner is nice enough to provide a dyno comparison, I'm not convinced of the 13hp gain they are claiming.

My $0.02
Even if Stillen posted dyno results I am not sure I would trust the results. There are too many variables. The real test and proof will likely come from a Z owner who does before and after dynos ...even that may not be perfect, but it will be very close to accurate and I'll trust those results.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:41 AM
webcarconnection

Default Re: Dyno

Originally posted by bigone
Even if Stillen posted dyno results I am not sure I would trust the results. There are too many variables. The real test and proof will likely come from a Z owner who does before and after dynos ...even that may not be perfect, but it will be very close to accurate and I'll trust those results.
I'm with you!!!
Old 02-18-2003, 09:50 AM
stillenguy

I don't think any dyno will ever be perfect. I think dynos will always be tough to get an exact number on. A guy in Los Angeles is not going to get the same reading as a guy in Denver, you know? However, it does give an idea as to what the component did for the car.

Perhaps the chap who first started this thread will have his car tested at a facility other than Stillen?

Don Weberg
Marketing Coordinator
STILLEN
Old 02-18-2003, 09:56 AM
ColecatZ

Here's your pic.....

I'm wanting pics ON the car and close ups of the actual system....something newer than what we've been seeing.

I've already ordered the system and will be dynoing. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Laterz On,
Attached Thumbnails Just got the STILLEN EXHAUST-503350_640.jpg  

Quick Reply: Just got the STILLEN EXHAUST