Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Kinetix ssv VS MD Spacer shoot out

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 06:45 AM
2FastG354U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinetix ssv VS MD Spacer shoot out

Ok, I purchased a Kinetix SSV plenum and a Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer to do some testing. I am tired of everyone saying that the SSV gives power losses but no one ever seems to have the dyno numbers or visual proof to back it up. Two tests are happening, one on a N/A motor and one on a FI. I am doing the testing on my N/A motor to see which one is better. This little thread that was started on G35Driver.com some how caught the attention of a local Nissan dealership around Kinetix’s racing facility. Someone from the dealership contacted Jamison about the thread and now he is fully involved. Tony the owner of Motordyne racing hands down has been extremely helpful and I must admit that the customer service Motordyne provides is the best I have ever dealt with. I am going in tomorrow 7/20/06 to schedule the time to do the testing. I will keep you all posted. Here is the thread that started everything and has gained the attention of both owners. http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106795
Old 07-19-2006, 06:58 AM
John@Victory

subscribing
Old 07-19-2006, 06:59 AM
wren57
Banned

Awesome... I'm currently rocking a mrev2/crawfordv5 combo on a non-revup engine and will be switching these two plenums for the SSV sometime next week. I'll post a review as well... and if anyone wants to donate to a dyno fund, PM me...
Old 07-19-2006, 07:06 AM
2FastG354U

Originally Posted by wren57
Awesome... I'm currently rocking a mrev2/crawfordv5 combo on a non-revup engine and will be switching these two plenums for the SSV sometime next week. I'll post a review as well... and if anyone wants to donate to a dyno fund, PM me...

lol, I heard that! It's not cheap at all when you have to pay for un-installing and installing the parts at the same time.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Biochem7
Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

subscribing
Old 07-19-2006, 08:28 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

tag
Old 07-19-2006, 09:10 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Why do you guys post "subscribing" and "tag" messages. If you want to subscribe, look at the top of the thread and click on the Thread Tools menu and pick "Subscribe to this thread". Simple and it doesn't waste bandwidth with useless posts.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:20 PM
2FastG354U

Where did this thread move to?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Why do you guys post "subscribing" and "tag" messages. If you want to subscribe, look at the top of the thread and click on the Thread Tools menu and pick "Subscribe to this thread". Simple and it doesn't waste bandwidth with useless posts.
dave, i always wondered about this too. im thinking post count.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:40 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2FastG354U
Where did this thread move to?
Right here, in the Intake-Exhaust subforum under Engine, Drivertrain & Forced-Induction.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:24 PM
John@Victory

i actually didnt know about the tool at the top to be truthfull.... but for the ones that knew about it if the still tag or subscribe i would say its for the post count too
Old 07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3

because inserting "subscribing" or "tag" only takes 1 step, but when you use the subscribe to thread tool it takes 2 steps...

Maybe I am being optimistic that people are just lazy in nature.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:28 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Yeah, you are being pretty optimistic. Default settings don't subscribe you to every thread you reply to does it? I know mine isn't set that way. And if that was the case, with their post counts, they'd do more work deleting the emails from all the subscribed threads...and then unsubscribing later after it gets out of hand.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:29 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ZIABLO
Yeah, you are being pretty optimistic. Default settings don't subscribe you to every thread you reply to does it? I know mine isn't set that way. And if that was the case, with their post counts, they'd do more work deleting the emails from all the subscribed threads...and then unsubscribing later after it gets out of hand.
I disabled that feature
Old 07-19-2006, 07:04 PM
FarSeide

subscribing
Old 07-19-2006, 07:14 PM
lsdunique

I will try to help 2FastG354U as much as I can. He seems to be doing a very good straightforward test. I dont know the details of the person who is doing the F/I comparison with the vortech setup, but the N/A should be interesting. I will not be on site during the test, nor have any control over the test, however I am here to assist with any info that I can provide.

*** I would like to stress the importance of paying attention to the A/F curve. On N/A cars this does not seem to be much of an issue, however in FI cars, especially the vortech, the SSV often causes spikes in the A/F curve of severe richness, this robs a lot of power and CAN CAUSE A POWER LOSS if the a/f curve is left running with rich spikes.

I wish we could explain these spikes in the supercharged cars . This is where people leave with the statement " I installed the SSV and I lost power". HOWEVER , when the car is tuned back to an a/f curve which is comparable to the A/F curve of the baseline dyno, it always makes power, generally in the 20-40 hp range for supercharged cars. For turbo cars, it is usually in the 15-30 hp range.

If you are running F/I of any kind and you install the SSV , you should TUNE!! we post this on our website. YOU MAY LOSE HORSEPOWER if you install with no TUNING afterward

** I will try to pay attention to this thread ( I havent been around for a while) so feel free to direct any questions towards me (kinetix)
Old 07-19-2006, 07:25 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Hmm.. I've always wondered if SSV was truly worth its price. They do claim outrageous numbers, but I never saw a dyno of it. I guess I'll finally get to see one (or 2 since it's NA and FI).
Old 07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
Hmm.. I've always wondered if SSV was truly worth its price. They do claim outrageous numbers, but I never saw a dyno of it. I guess I'll finally get to see one (or 2 since it's NA and FI).
Old 07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by lsdunique
I will try to help 2FastG354U as much as I can. He seems to be doing a very good straightforward test. I dont know the details of the person who is doing the F/I comparison with the vortech setup, but the N/A should be interesting. I will not be on site during the test, nor have any control over the test, however I am here to assist with any info that I can provide.

*** I would like to stress the importance of paying attention to the A/F curve. On N/A cars this does not seem to be much of an issue, however in FI cars, especially the vortech, the SSV often causes spikes in the A/F curve of severe richness, this robs a lot of power and CAN CAUSE A POWER LOSS if the a/f curve is left running with rich spikes.

I wish we could explain these spikes in the supercharged cars . This is where people leave with the statement " I installed the SSV and I lost power". HOWEVER , when the car is tuned back to an a/f curve which is comparable to the A/F curve of the baseline dyno, it always makes power, generally in the 20-40 hp range for supercharged cars. For turbo cars, it is usually in the 15-30 hp range.

If you are running F/I of any kind and you install the SSV , you should TUNE!! we post this on our website. YOU MAY LOSE HORSEPOWER if you install with no TUNING afterward

** I will try to pay attention to this thread ( I havent been around for a while) so feel free to direct any questions towards me (kinetix)
I have the Vortech and I am getting it tuned again at DynoComp in Scottsdale AZ tomorrow... The first time I got it tuned I used 91 octane VS the 98 I had w/ the Crawford so you can guess the outcome... I am going in tomorrow with the same 98 I used with the Crawford to keep it fair.... My Crawford Dyno was done less than a month ago and it will be done on the same dyno... Here is the Chart w/ the Crawford....

It is a very smooth linear increase all across the power band.

I had the tune with the SSV done the first time with lower grade gas and I want this to be as fair of a test as I can get so i am going back in with the same gas grade AND getting it RE-TUNED to see what is what... I hope it proves to make more power for me actually cuz I like the look but I will not sacrifice power and TQ for the Looks. I will put the Crawford back on and sell the SSV if that is the case. No offence to anyone here but I like the SHOW and the GO.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Triji

So.... SungNam....Which is which?

Quick Reply: Kinetix ssv VS MD Spacer shoot out