Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

work done by VRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:45 PM
g-X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
I think this has been beaten to death...
+1

Also, not to beat the dead horse any further...

FACT:

we know for sure VRT charges a 30% restocking fee
Old 03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never said I was a know it all....you agree with me about jumping to conclusions, but you think people that read the whole thread will remember everything???? I think the quote about the game of telephone is appropriate. Not that people do it intentionally, they will just forget some parts of what happened. If you think I am a know it all then whatever....I will always stand by what I believe and say what I think, some people do not agree and some do. That is just the way it is.

For the record, I do not know all the details of this either...and I am not saying anyone is right or wrong, just that this should have been handled on their own without other peoples bashing of ANYONE to include VRT and the OP. Both have been bashed...so where this is going with the popcorn and soap comments is so true.

Cant we all just get along????
you didnt say your a know it all, but it says it right on top of your avatar. and yes we can get along
Old 03-28-2007, 03:56 PM
OCZTrack

Originally Posted by Chako135
you didnt say your a know it all, but it says it right on top of your avatar. and yes we can get along
lmfao
Old 03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
cubu

well Skyler i hope you learned a lesson here no matter the outcome. ask us here on the forums before you want to do something or buy a product for your car and want info in general. use the search first, although it kinda sucks, and if you can't find it after your search post a thread. don't let the Search ****'s scare you off. hell you can PM me and i will personally go out of my way to help answer your question... no i won't charge you

Navy, i know you mean well and understand where you are coming from, but some of these things need no explanation and were confirmed by Mr. A, im dieing to know a few things as im sure others on here do as well on these things

1. why is there a restocking fee for a product that never left the shop nor a product that had to be ordered, why a restocking for a product that is used, why is the restocking fee a percentage of a new product, why a restocking fee when there are no losses to be recuperated on MR.A's end? isn't that the point for a restocking fee? as if not baffled already, not even letting the customer know of a restocking fee when Mr.A himself told the Skyler it was not a good idea to buy and install the products??? even after all that its not like he asked for a refund of any kind, he still wanted to spend the money

2. why was custom exhaust installed when a Stillen was bought? and if the mechanic that looked at Skyler's car is right, and it is just a flowmaster muffler with y-pipe back piping, that is just wrong. why would anyone need to custom fab an exhaust like this? i hope this exhaust didn't cost more than any of the quality catback systems available, but sadly i think it is cause how else would you justify the $4k price tag not including the 'restocking fee'. Skyler please post pics of this exhaust for us to see... please let us know of the price break down as well

what do we have to gain for trying to help this guy out? nothing, its all out of good will. what do we have to gain from calling Mr. A out on this issue and scrutinizing what this guy was charged for? alot, this is an online community to share info and experiences. if we find out Mr.A purposely ripped this guy off then he's in for a big loss and he knows it, although he avoids to address the issues and try to keep things hush hush.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:14 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Well I don't have a camera and nor will I know what im taking pictures of. But USN has said that he will meet me this weekend and take pictures of my car. Im certain he knows much more than I do about this kind of stuff.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
slowxturtle

Originally Posted by mraturbo
FYI,

We have given customers credit for other kits including this one, and multiple Stillens to upgrade to other parts.

When we credit the parts, they are ours. No longer the customers.

It is the same as purchasing them. What is the difference between me giving you a $4000 credit on an invoice or buying that same item on ebay for $4000.

The end result is either I'm paying out of pocket or not receiving the funds.

At the end, Skyler bought the kit, didn't have all of the funds after months to install it, and at the end changed his mind.

We ultimately found a new buyer for the kit after Skyler had changed his mind and wanted the additional mods.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, yet at the same time we are dealing with Skyler, all of our customer invoices have it clearly written that there is a reprocessing fee if returned and NO RETURN ON CUSTOM goods.

We do alot of business with suppliers all over. Do you think when I buy something from Stillen (or another supplier), keep it set aside for 4 months, and want to return it they won't charge me a reprocessing fee or NOT RETURN IT AT ALL... Please. Analyze this for a minute.

It is amazing that most folks responding to this situation negatively are making assumptions yet didn't have all of the facts. We Appreciate the feedback once again and are determined to deal with Skyler to insure he is happy with his purchase and service. He is a great guy and we want him as a repeat customer.

M
Just my opinion, not that it matters, but shouldn't there have been no restocking fee since the funds for the turbo still was spent at VRT? I mean, if he just wanted his refund, then I would understand a restocking fee, but he didn't get a refund. Rather, he put the money back to VRT and just wanted credit toward different products/services from your company. I would imagine you would appreciate that and as a sign of good faith give him his full deposit as a credit toward your shop as long as he spent it at your shop. Also, it's not like your shop ordered the turbo for him and it came and later he backed out, ending up with no buyer. It was a turbo you already had in stock.

In any case, don't you think $1500 restocking fee, not for a refund, but credit is extremely high? Why not stick to a maximum of 15% or less since he spent the money at your shop? Obviously you could charge however much you want, but it's the difference of being fair and just charging however much you want.

It appears, the OP is somewhat not the brightest person, which frusterates me because I don't like anyone getting what is in my opinion, overcharged. However, I have to put part of the blame on you (OP), because you should have paid attention to the charges, credits, restocking fee, PARTS GOING ON YOUR F'n CAR! I think both parties are responsible in this situation, and if nothing happens, as far as additional refunds or credits or pulling the current exhaust off and placing the one the OP is happy with, then I think that would just be fine. However, I would hope, that VRT would feel a little sympathy and understanding for an unknowledgeable customer and at least try to do something to make him feel okay with the service he received for the large amount of money he paid.

Last edited by slowxturtle; 03-28-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 PM
godmans

Bottomline:

So long as VRT does not credit OP the restock fee or at least find a documentation (drafted before they did Skyler's car) of their policy that their part has a 30% restock fee, VRT will probably lose quite a bit of trust and business from the 350Z and g35 crowd.

Imho, regardless of how well a shop can tune a car or how much power can they tune out of a TT kit... they won't sell any shxt if they don't pay attention to customer services. G/L to OP as well as VRT

Last edited by godmans; 03-28-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:18 PM
fallenromeo

Originally Posted by slowxturtle
J
It appears, the OP is somewhat not the brightest person,
What the hell? Im not a moron, im just uninformed when it comes to cars and prices related to. And I was excited to be getting work done. But im not dumb, cmon man! So I don't know how to build a turbo or fix a broken head gasket. But you give me a consolidated corporation or a Section 754 adjustment to be done on a tax return and I will knock it out. Lets not mix intelligent with informed.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
cubu

guys the kit was USED and came off of NavyGolf's car...

Skyler did you agree to a custom exhaust? or did you think you were getting a Stillen?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
infiniti4life

http://www.dca.ca.gov/

if you bought a 40k car, the max restocking fee is $500 in CA... you should look at your rights as far as signage and making you aware of these fees. The business is responsible for making you aware through signs etc..
Old 03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
fallenromeo

I didn't know about it until I picked up my car. I thought I was getting the stillen. MrA assured me it was a better exhaust so I took him at his word.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:35 PM
cubu

lol, i doubt VRT has a sign that says: "30% Restocking Fee on Used Products... Even if you just think about buying it"
Old 03-28-2007, 05:37 PM
cubu

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
I didn't know about it until I picked up my car. I thought I was getting the stillen. MrA assured me it was a better exhaust so I took him at his word.
well, that is grounds for a refund... im pretty sure its against the law to do that
Old 03-28-2007, 06:03 PM
fallenromeo

Originally Posted by cubu
well, that is grounds for a refund... im pretty sure its against the law to do that
You are right, but Im not trying to ruin VRT or hurt their business in any way. I sure as hell don't want to go to court. I am going to discuss with MrA this weekend when I get a free moment to breathe from work some things that I am not happy with on my car that I want changed, and only relating to things they worked on. I am not looking to get anything extra from them. I think my requests to resolve this whole thing are very reasonable and hopefully VRT will agree with my requests.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by cubu
sorry, edited post, this kind of crap gets me going
Damn! I want the unedited version!... will it be out on DVD?...
Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
Thank you for the support Cubu, I won't be silenced by this. If we come to a fair resolve I will happily post telling what the resolve was in every detail and how the service was in getting this resolved. If the resolve is unfair, I will still post so everyone will knows the truth. I will just post the facts and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

At this point, MrA is working with me to resolve this so everyone should refrain from bashing as long as he is working with me on this. He is being fair at this time.
You should just charge admission to this thread... It great entertainment and obviously many of us are hooked (better than reality TV!!)... the money you get from thread subscription will offset your losses
Old 03-28-2007, 06:37 PM
OCG35
Banned

Never said I was a know it all....you agree with me about jumping to conclusions, but you think people that read the whole thread will remember everything???? I think the quote about the game of telephone is appropriate. Not that people do it intentionally, they will just forget some parts of what happened. If you think I am a know it all then whatever....I will always stand by what I believe and say what I think, some people do not agree and some do. That is just the way it is.

For the record, I do not know all the details of this either...and I am not saying anyone is right or wrong, just that this should have been handled on their own without other peoples bashing of ANYONE to include VRT and the OP. Both have been bashed...so where this is going with the popcorn and soap comments is so true.

Cant we all just get along????
I made the comment about telephone... and it's true. We are all going to have a quiz (in essay form) when this is all over... I GUARANTEE there will be a dozen (or more) different versions.

On a serious note, it will effect what is said on the street about VRT - no doubt. Whether it’s warranted or not... it really doesn’t matter because none of us know the facts entirely - yet there will be half-truths spewed at dyno days, meets, etc... just the way it will be period. This will go down indefinitely with some saying it was one way and other saying it was another… forever. It will be like the crank pulley debate.

… now back to our episode of “As VRT Turns”… Hey stop hogging the butter!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
OCG35
Banned

Still for sale...not pushing it hard right now...but I still think it is a phenomenal deal!! Let me know if you change your mid.....

Back to the show now.....LOL!
Is it autographed by fallenromeo and MrA?.... If so you should ebay that thing for a killing!!! After all they are the stars of this show
Old 03-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Lo$t

Still for sale...not pushing it hard right now...but I still think it is a phenomenal deal!! Let me know if you change your mid.....

Back to the show now.....LOL!
i think its a pretty nice deal myself.. but for me it's not worth it because i'd have to pay to go to cali and do it. funny thing is that i could afford it especially with summer starting. (i could if i didn't have to go all the way to cali)
Old 03-28-2007, 06:46 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Chako135
Touché'

Imagine what our wives and girlfriends would think if they knew the involvement of this drama...

Quick Reply: work done by VRT