Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

work done by VRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Navygolf13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GG_VQ
Is it autographed by fallenromeo and MrA?.... If so you should ebay that thing for a killing!!! After all they are the stars of this show
I could work that out, and you know what for you guys here I will only charge an extra $3,000!!! For those signatures that is a steal!

LOL!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by Chako135
you didnt say your a know it all, but it says it right on top of your avatar. and yes we can get along

You know that took me a minute....I had to go back and look at my avatar. I was like WTF???? That was great!!!!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Lo$t

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
I could work that out, and you know what for you, Lo$t, here I will only charge $3,000 for my built block and turbo!!! For that its a steal!

LOL!!!

awesome! just pm me your number and we'll get down to business
Old 03-28-2007, 06:57 PM
sein

I can't wait to see the pics!!!! This guy got ripped off plain and simple.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Lo$t
awesome! just pm me your number and we'll get down to business, I'd love to get that for GG_VQ
Hey cool! Thanks Lo$t!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GG_VQ
Touché'

Imagine what our wives and girlfriends would think if they knew the involvement of this drama...
they make more drama in a minute than we make in a month...and the sad part is, they know it!
Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
I didn't know about it until I picked up my car. I thought I was getting the Stillen. MrA assured me it was a better exhaust so I took him at his word.
Skyler,

I offered both exhaust and explained about the benefits. And after we installed the single 3 inch, you couldn't stop raving how you loved the sound. " I love the sound of my exhaust..."

Plain and simple, If it is a Stillen you want, a Stillen you can have in addition to any other concessions we agree upon.

We aim to please. Skyler you were happy and haven't ever voice any complaints about any of our work or product...or charges.

When you did have a concern over the ride height, you brought the car back a week later and we adjusted the suspension height to clear the speed bumps.

Correct?

At any rate, glad to see so much interest in your thread, let me know this weekend when you want to meet. Would love to make you happier...

And let me know if you want to trade the Single 3 Inch for a Stillen.

M
Old 03-28-2007, 11:30 PM
slowxturtle

What the hell? Im not a moron, im just uninformed when it comes to cars and prices related to. And I was excited to be getting work done. But im not dumb, cmon man! So I don't know how to build a turbo or fix a broken head gasket. But you give me a consolidated corporation or a Section 754 adjustment to be done on a tax return and I will knock it out. Lets not mix intelligent with informed.
I didn't mean to bash on you, just the initial feeling I got reading this thread. If you spend a little time on this forum, you'll be a pro in no time.

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Skyler,

I offered both exhaust and explained about the benefits. And after we installed the single 3 inch, you couldn't stop raving how you loved the sound. " I love the sound of my exhaust..."

Plain and simple, If it is a Stillen you want, a Stillen you can have in addition to any other concessions we agree upon.

We aim to please. Skyler you were happy and haven't ever voice any complaints about any of our work or product...or charges.

When you did have a concern over the ride height, you brought the car back a week later and we adjusted the suspension height to clear the speed bumps.

Correct?

At any rate, glad to see so much interest in your thread, let me know this weekend when you want to meet. Would love to make you happier...

And let me know if you want to trade the Single 3 Inch for a Stillen.

M
That's a nice offer.

Good luck to you both.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:41 AM
cubu

Skyler, so the exhaust issue is taken care of... if you don't have to pay extra, how much were you charged for the exhaust? Don't make any rash decisions about it yet, meet up US HM first and see what he has to say.... what of this restocking fee?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:11 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Mike,
I did love the sound and I tried it out, but it is too loud and I do want the stillen true dual that we originally agreed on. I am not going to say what you said is untrue, but I have absolutely no recolection of us ever discussing both exhausts, I had been set on the stillen since you did Kelly's car and I was always under the impression that was what I was getting. But thank you for agreeing to meet with me and talk about this and we can clear this up in no time.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Sounds like they're making progress.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 AM
fallenromeo

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
Sounds like they're making progress.
We are making progress and hopefully we will have this resolved this weekend if we can come to a reasonable agreement.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:09 PM
ShamrockG
Banned

Originally Posted by cubu
well Skyler i hope you learned a lesson here no matter the outcome. ask us here on the forums before you want to do something or buy a product for your car and want info in general. use the search first, although it kinda sucks, and if you can't find it after your search post a thread. don't let the Search ****'s scare you off. hell you can PM me and i will personally go out of my way to help answer your question... no i won't charge you

Navy, i know you mean well and understand where you are coming from, but some of these things need no explanation and were confirmed by Mr. A, im dieing to know a few things as im sure others on here do as well on these things

1. why is there a restocking fee for a product that never left the shop nor a product that had to be ordered, why a restocking for a product that is used, why is the restocking fee a percentage of a new product, why a restocking fee when there are no losses to be recuperated on MR.A's end? isn't that the point for a restocking fee? as if not baffled already, not even letting the customer know of a restocking fee when Mr.A himself told the Skyler it was not a good idea to buy and install the products??? even after all that its not like he asked for a refund of any kind, he still wanted to spend the money

2. why was custom exhaust installed when a Stillen was bought? and if the mechanic that looked at Skyler's car is right, and it is just a flowmaster muffler with y-pipe back piping, that is just wrong. why would anyone need to custom fab an exhaust like this? i hope this exhaust didn't cost more than any of the quality catback systems available, but sadly i think it is cause how else would you justify the $4k price tag not including the 'restocking fee'. Skyler please post pics of this exhaust for us to see... please let us know of the price break down as well

what do we have to gain for trying to help this guy out? nothing, its all out of good will. what do we have to gain from calling Mr. A out on this issue and scrutinizing what this guy was charged for? alot, this is an online community to share info and experiences. if we find out Mr.A purposely ripped this guy off then he's in for a big loss and he knows it, although he avoids to address the issues and try to keep things hush hush.

Originally Posted by OCZTrack
Well I've read through this entire post so I feel as if I've earned the right to comment on it, I hope that is ok with you Navygolf.

First and foremost I'm tired of all this talk about how this is a personal issue and it has nothing to do with the people on this forum and how people should keep these things to themselves. :::NEWSFLASH::: If everybody kept their opinions and experiences to themselves there would be nothing to read on this forum. That is the purpose of a forum for people to exchange ideas, experiences, and opinions.

Second of all, fallenromeo has stated from the beginning that he knows very little about mechanics or cars and was just trying to state what has happened to him to the best of his knowledge and intelligence on the situation. What is so wrong about that? He has repeatedly stated that he is not bashing them and is trying to work this out. If he would have never posted on here he would have never thought that he paid too much for what was done and there would be no clarification of the issue between him and VRT.

Thirdly, I've heard some of you say that "he paid his money with no questions asked and shouldn't have paid it if he felt he got cheated". Well guess what, the guy has very little knowledge on these things. Should he have researched a little bit better? Yes, he most certainly should have. But, this is the same as an old woman going to a mechanic because her belts are squealing and the mechanic installs a new alternator and charges $200 for additional BS parts she doesn't need because she knows no better and he knows she will trust his knowledge of mechanics. This certainly isn't right and not a fair way to do business. You shouldn't take advantage of unsuspecting customers because they don't know what you're selling them.

Navygolf has brought to our attention that we don't know all the facts and we should keep our mouths shut because of that. Well he is right that we don't know all the facts but that is because Mr A's posts have been very vague with little information and some of the information he has given contradicts itself. If you have nothing to hide and don't believe that you have done anything wrong or taken advantage of anyone then take the time to post a well thought out reply and make public as much information as you can. I sure know that if my business was being criticized for being "shady" I would certainly want to take the time to clear everything up.

Bottom line is we are all consumers here. Whether it is the 30 year old tax accountant who knows he wants a fast car that handles well but knows nothing about how to get to that point or someone like Noah who would be able to tell you every detail of a Greddy TT install we are still all consumers. Therefore we have a right to scrutinize the practices of every business that we are purchasing from or could be purchasing from to make sure that we are not being cheated.

That's my .02 I would doubt that's worth much to anybody here but once again this is a FORUM. Therefore I will give my opinion and if you don't like it then you have every right to disagree but don't just write people off because you don't agree with their opinion.
^^^^^ These two posts are great !!, right on point, the best un-opinionated advise, most informative, and very well thought out. I am impressed, and thank you OCZTrack & Cubo !

Sometimes you just have to call it like it is, and no matter how good at hiding it "Mr.A" is, he is just a SCAMMER and an OPPORTUNIST. Plain and simple !

Fallenromeo, I thank you, and I am sure the Z community thanks you for bringing this whole (scam) to our attention about VRT, Its not the first time and I just wish more of them had the nerve to post up their bad experiences with this company as well. People need to know.

Last edited by ShamrockG; 03-29-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Lo$t

i like when spike t.v. gives you 30 seconds of a beautiful lady. it's so nice of them.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
fallenromeo

Amen to that Lost. But it is just not enough! 30 seconds of a hot woman walking around the ring and then what? Back to the ugly guys sweating on each other and bleeding...its just not right.

On another note, I just got off the phone with MrA, we are meeting this weekend to wrap all this up.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
OCZTrack

Update on pictures?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
cubu

+1
Old 04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Reality350

Amen to that Lost. But it is just not enough! 30 seconds of a hot woman walking around the ring and then what? Back to the ugly guys sweating on each other and bleeding...its just not right.

On another note, I just got off the phone with MrA, we are meeting this weekend to wrap all this up.
Thats great to hear, but if I were you I would want to meet with someone more experienced with the Z and its mods (US HM..) and get a 3rd opinion.
I am sorry you had to go through this, but I appreciate you taking the time to post for the rest of the us in this community.

And as for VRT.... I hope you made good money off of skyler, because I dont think your reputation will be helping you prosper in the near future..

I wish you the best of luck FR.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by OCZTrack
Update on pictures?
we tried to meet up on Sunday which is Skylers only day off, but by the time we could meet the shop I was going to take him to was closed and we could not think of another place that would let us use a lift.

from what I understand VRT did promise to do a few things for him. Im not going to get into that because it is his business.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:19 PM
fallenromeo

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
we tried to meet up on Sunday which is Skylers only day off, but by the time we could meet the shop I was going to take him to was closed and we could not think of another place that would let us use a lift.

from what I understand VRT did promise to do a few things for him. Im not going to get into that because it is his business.
Yes I am going to try to steal my girls camera for a day and go down and snap a couple pics during my lunch break, but I don't have enough time to get my car on a lift and take pictures until next Sunday. And from what MrA said, hopefully my car will be going back under the knife to get this all worked out sometime this week. I will do what I can to get some pics before then or if anyone wants to meet me in mission valley to look at it sometime this week I would be happy to come down from my office and meet you in our parking lot for a couple minutes, but you won't get a very good picture...

Quick Reply: work done by VRT