Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

work done by VRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

[QUOTE=TimeAttkZ]

the OP is extremley choicy with the release of information regarding this topic. He forgot to mention that he ordered a turbo kit for his car and didnt have the funds to pay for it / changed his mind. Restocking fee's on a used turbo kit that VRT never owned ??? This is all just too confusing and out of control for us to understand at this point.

Just to clarify one more time those who have chosen not to read everything...
I have left nothing out on purpose. I did not mention the turbo because I DID NOT KNOW about the restock fee. Since the work never got done, I did not feel it was necessary to talk about it since this whole post started as the work I had done and how much I paid for it. If I knew for one second that there was a huge restock fee involved which is why I paid so much, I would have mentioned it. Just like I did after MrA and I got off the phone yesterday and he informed me of it. I did not deliberately hide facts for some hidden agenda. Everything I know, I have posted. As I learned more, I posted it.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Lo$t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mraturbo
I agree. Yet at the same time I will let Skyler conclude our resolution if he wishes. After all, he is the client, the OP, and at the end he has to be happy with his product and treatment. Thanks.

Have a great day.

M
Very true. You can't please everyone, and great customer service doesn't require you to please everyone. It just requires what you did, working with the customer.

To the guy who thinks Mr. A is trying to sweep it under the rug. I think he's handling this in a more professional way. It isn't his post and as he just said he'll let the OP inform us of the resolve.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Lo$t
I agree. This thread and every thread like this thread are always about getting all the facts straight. I also agree that this thread should have never been started, BUT the point i am trying to make here is that NOW that the thread is started, Why not clear everything up for us? It still seems all wishy washy. This whole thread is a lesson? Nobody has learned anything yet. We are all still trying to put it together. As far as me, I'm just chiming in because i'm really curious as to what the facts are. I live too far to go to your shop anyway.
If that’s the case we have some dense people out here... if there is anything to be learned here it is to have ALL parts and service agreements quoted and in writing prior to install - know what the hell you are getting... research, make a decision, pay up, drive and have fun.

End of lesson.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by GG_VQ
If that’s the case we have some dense people out here... if there is anything to be learned here it is to have ALL parts and service agreements quoted and in writing prior to install - know what the hell you are getting... research, make a decision, pay up, drive and have fun.

End of lesson.
Nice life attitude you got there. Snake oil salesmen must be fine and dandy to you. I guess the elderly deserve to be conned out of their life savings.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
Nice life attitude you got there. Snake oil salesmen must be fine and dandy to you. I guess the elderly deserve to be conned out of their life savings.
No, they need to invest wisely research what they invest in and know where their money is going.

If someone doesn’t know what he or she did with their money it doesn’t mean they were conned. It means they should be more involved with the decision making of where the money is going.

The analogy is ludicrous anyway… this situation didn’t involve the elderly and is not nearly the same as life savings. It’s a consumer purchasing product and service. The lesson is: know what you are buying. Not too hard to understand now is it.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by Chako135
I agree that problems such as this should not be posted on public forums for everyone to give their input and opinion about what they think is right or what should have been done, but Navygolf13 let me ask you this, would you be as concerned about this situation if you didnt have anything to do with it?
I have always chimed in on threads like this concerning anyone I know, whether I am involved or not. So, the answer to your question is yes. I think that too many times things get posted up here and people jump to conclusions and then they remember what they want to hear. I do not know who referenced the game telephone we all played as kids....but this holds true and that is why I think that things need to be handled on a business level off of the forums.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by JisNis
You need to get off VRTs NUTZ!!!!! So a un-knowing customer gets screwed and its none of our business? Hell yeah it is!!! We all are consumers who are trying to save a dollar. We have every right to know about the horror stories involving shops. Threads like these help a consumer decide if he wants to or not do business with a certain vendor.

Why not show us an invoice with an itemized breakdown. What does VRT have to hide, right?
First off...not on VRT's NUTZ. Second of all I think that if people make the decision to go into ANYTHING without knowledge of that area then he or she runs a very good chance of getting screwed....that is my point. Not saying it did or didnt happen here.

I understand that threads like these help a consumer decide whether to go with a company or not, but that is partyl the problem here because the whole story is not out there so people make their own minds up and go on that rather than all the facts. It never fails....they are handling it and THAT is what should matter.

From a consumer standpoint, the thing that matters is if the company is willing to work things out and as the OP said, they are. So, why does any of this matter to anyone else? Let it go already and find another drama for the day.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:54 PM
masterj26

You shouldn't have come into this thread imho. You are an involved party of the situation and makes it look worse as a whole when you are as defensive as you are. Regardless of whether you take this stance in other threads. Then you misstated facts saying you sold the kit and mraturbo never made anything off of the kit. Makes it look even worse. Look at my 2nd to last post and you will see your words quoted. Here is the link. https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=150
Old 03-27-2007, 03:46 PM
dozzer1b

i think the situation has been resolved....END OF STORY......mods should close the thread!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 04:15 PM
fallenromeo

actually it is being resolved, but it is not resolved yet. We are working on that and I will let everyone know how it was resolved once we get together and talk and get to some sort of agreement.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Lo$t

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
i think the situation has been resolved....END OF STORY......mods should close the thread!!!
oh really?
Originally Posted by fallenromeo
actually it is being resolved, but it is not resolved yet. We are working on that and I will let everyone know how it was resolved once we get together and talk and get to some sort of agreement.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:26 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Thanks Skyler.

Talk to you after work.

M
Old 03-27-2007, 05:28 PM
g-X

Just to clarify one more time those who have chosen not to read everything...
I have left nothing out on purpose. I did not mention the turbo because I DID NOT KNOW about the restock fee. Since the work never got done, I did not feel it was necessary to talk about it since this whole post started as the work I had done and how much I paid for it. If I knew for one second that there was a huge restock fee involved which is why I paid so much, I would have mentioned it. Just like I did after MrA and I got off the phone yesterday and he informed me of it. I did not deliberately hide facts for some hidden agenda. Everything I know, I have posted. As I learned more, I posted it.
So did you actually sign something that say's u wanted the kit? Assuming you did and knowing VRT invoices it wont state the %% restocking fee. I'd try to get a full refund of $1500 since its a used kit..most you should pay is 15%.

I wish i could make 30% in 3months on my money! ineed a new job

Last edited by g-X; 03-27-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:12 PM
fallenromeo

I did sign an invoice a long time ago, this was back in the end of april last year. So I can't say if the invoice had the restock fee or not. It probably did, but I don't have one to see. Like most people say though, you usually don't pay a restock fee if you continue to do business with them, and I don't really think the restock fee was necessary since the turbo was sold right away after we BOTH (mrA and myself) agreed it would not be a good idea to use that kit on my car. And the kit was turned around and sold to someone else before I got the work done on my car. I think I should still get some of it back. But that is something that I will discuss with MrA when I talk to him next and we can resolve this.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:44 PM
OCG35
Banned

I did sign an invoice a long time ago, this was back in the end of april last year. So I can't say if the invoice had the restock fee or not. It probably did, but I don't have one to see. Like most people say though, you usually don't pay a restock fee if you continue to do business with them, and I don't really think the restock fee was necessary since the turbo was sold right away after we BOTH (mrA and myself) agreed it would not be a good idea to use that kit on my car. And the kit was turned around and sold to someone else before I got the work done on my car. I think I should still get some of it back. But that is something that I will discuss with MrA when I talk to him next and we can resolve this.
Uh ohh.... yet another discrepancy... Mr. A says it was simply because you didn’t have the funds, so you changed your mind. (I'm only sayin' what others are inevitably gonna be thinkin')
Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
masterj26

the "facts" in this thread keeping changing...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:09 PM
smellslikecurry

no i know why poeple are addicted to soap operas...this ****s amazing!

bump for the next episode...

to the op...if you signed something then theres really no turning back...you have to read reread and read again everything you sign and their policies...if they charge a restocking fee and you signed paperwork that you will pay for it you really cant argue...sorry if you did but i wish u the best of luck with everything
Old 03-27-2007, 08:49 PM
ripdrift
Banned

I can't see why people are still complaining, not your work, not your car, and facts are still not straight. The op didn't even know what kind of exhaust he was getting. I bet he didnt even know flowmasters had muffler bearrings.lol
Anyway I have done buisness with vrt a lot infact as we speak, and I still don't have anything bad to say about them. Work there is top notch and at a pretty decent price. I don't see how if you haven't been there and done buisness you can criticise someone like this. Dosen't make sence to me.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
fallenromeo

I didn't ask for the exhaust that was put on my car though. We agreed on the Stillen duel pipe exhaust...

So I guess you are right, I didn't know what exhaust I got because I didn't get what I paid for and agreed to if that is the point you are trying to make ripdrift. So how could I tell you what exhaust I got if it was not what I asked for? I didn't know is the answer. So don't talk down to me like im a idiot just because I didn't know what exhaust was on my car.

and to smellycurry guy, I did sign a contract a long time ago, and I don't have a copy of it so i could not reference it until MrA called me. But as I said, WE BOTH AGREED that putting that TT kit on my car was not the best idea. He did not want to put a Greddy kit on my car and I decided not to void my warranty on a brand new car. That is when we went a different direction. So I did not just change my mind and leave him hanging, we discussed going a different route and it was both his and my idea that the TT kit was not in my best interest.

Last edited by fallenromeo; 03-27-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:50 PM
Lo$t

the plot thickens... and on the next episode of As VRT turns....

Quick Reply: work done by VRT