Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

work done by VRT

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
ShamrockG
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stopping by to see the so called progress that VRT is making with this mess they created.

Any pictures yet? Can't someone help this young man out? I, He, We all know he got screwed, but it would be nice for us all to see just how bad. This would be great to know just for any future would-be VRT customers to keep in mind.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
NoLimit

Exclamation

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
Yes I am going to try to steal my girls camera for a day and go down and snap a couple pics during my lunch break, but I don't have enough time to get my car on a lift and take pictures until next Sunday. And from what MrA said, hopefully my car will be going back under the knife to get this all worked out sometime this week. I will do what I can to get some pics before then or if anyone wants to meet me in mission valley to look at it sometime this week I would be happy to come down from my office and meet you in our parking lot for a couple minutes, but you won't get a very good picture...
Good to meet you on Saturday Skyler, ... did anything come of getting a current invoice of your parts???

Just let let some inquiring minds know, I met with Skyler on Saturday and checked out what he was sold. The exhaust is a y-pipe back muffler shop special, ... which means, crush bent piping and a generic single in-dual out muffler. He paid for a Stillen true dual. Big price difference there.
He has the JWT pop charger now, ... He gave VRT the AEM intake to install that he previously got from a friend, ... VRT 'lost' it, and put on the JWT filter.
The Stance coilovers are of the common garden variety, and used (as in they were used before he got them). Not sure 'exactly' who had them, but I am confident they have a decent amount of track time (wear and tear) on them.

Sorry that I could not get your car on the lift to take pics Skyler, ... I didn't try to take any with the car on the ground b/c of the lack of clarity.
Hope this works out for you!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoLimit
Good to meet you on Saturday Skyler, ... did anything come of getting a current invoice of your parts???

Just let let some inquiring minds know, I met with Skyler on Saturday and checked out what he was sold. The exhaust is a y-pipe back muffler shop special, ... which means, crush bent piping and a generic single in-dual out muffler. He paid for a Stillen true dual. Big price difference there.
He has the JWT pop charger now, ... He gave VRT the AEM intake to install that he previously got from a friend, ... VRT 'lost' it, and put on the JWT filter.
The Stance coilovers are of the common garden variety, and used (as in they were used before he got them). Not sure 'exactly' who had them, but I am confident they have a decent amount of track time (wear and tear) on them.

Sorry that I could not get your car on the lift to take pics Skyler, ... I didn't try to take any with the car on the ground b/c of the lack of clarity.

Glad you at least got to meet with him. Hopefully some pics will be taken soon.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how can you tell the coil overs are used? (inquiring minds and all that)
Old 04-05-2007, 07:29 PM
sein

WOW!!!!!!! That is all I have to say about that
Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Motormouth
maybe the amount of pitting on them from rocks

oh as you can see from my previous post (#181) I had a good idea these were used parts that were passed off to him.
Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
well, skyler and I will be meeting this weekend to get some good pictures of the parts that were installed. We will be putting the car on a lift and hopefully once the pictures are taken and the brands and CONDITION of the parts are known everyone will have an idea of what truly was done for the money he was charged.

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 04-05-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:42 PM
cubu

wow, how low can you go? i think the BBB should be contacted as well as a lawyer, which Skyler will have no problem getting all his money and some change. and i think i just might take it upon myself to post this in every single forum i can find
Old 04-06-2007, 12:03 AM
sein

+1 I think you should get a lawyer too. This guy did way to much. And still charged you 5500 on top of that, CRAZY.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:57 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty crazy......get a lawyer...IMO
Old 04-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Reality350

VRT FTL!

FR, If they did indeed sell you used parts as new you should have every right to seek litigation against them to re-coup any and all funds.
They do not deserve to be forum vendors, and I hope the forum mods do not condone such dishonesty and remove VRT as a vendor.

Nobody deserves to be taken like this....
Old 04-06-2007, 09:46 AM
cubu

well this just sucks, i posted another thread to discuss this where there is more traffic but the thread got deleted... i understand trolls that rip people off in private sales, but this kind of business from a sponsor is unacceptable, obviously it isn't to all people
Old 04-06-2007, 10:25 AM
NoLimit

Originally Posted by Motormouth
Like someone mentioned, ... they are "aged", as in they have a lot of knicks, etc, the paint is worn, and the labeling is about half gone. So from doing countless coilover installs myself, ... I deduct that these have been used for about a year or so, maybe a bit more or less, ... considering "winter time" just passed so they may look a bit worse from just going through that.

With that being said, I have also heard of the car they came off of, ... so it kinda proves his original thoughts.

I guess I could've taken a picture with the camera sitting on the ground, ... but those never come out good.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:38 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Thank you everyone for your concern, I guess I was taken worse than I was told from everyone. I appreciate everyone's input, however I am not going to seek legal action. That is a headache that I don't need right now, and I. Not to mention it would cost more money than it would probably get me back. I have spoken with MrA and we have discussed a deal, however if this is the case I was taken worse than everyone says, then hopefully he will go a little above and beyond to correct this. Im sure he will see this thread and hopefully take measures to make things right.

To add, if anyone wants to see the work done or take pictures, there is an open offer to contact me and take pictures. I am always open to getting input.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Ahmads350z

Thank you everyone for your concern, I guess I was taken worse than I was told from everyone. I appreciate everyone's input, however I am not going to seek legal action. That is a headache that I don't need right now, and I. Not to mention it would cost more money than it would probably get me back. I have spoken with MrA and we have discussed a deal, however if this is the case I was taken worse than everyone says, then hopefully he will go a little above and beyond to correct this. Im sure he will see this thread and hopefully take measures to make things right.

To add, if anyone wants to see the work done or take pictures, there is an open offer to contact me and take pictures. I am always open to getting input.
small claims is up to $7500...and cost about a hundred dollars...just a thought
Old 04-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Like someone mentioned, ... they are "aged", as in they have a lot of knicks, etc, the paint is worn, and the labeling is about half gone. So from doing countless coilover installs myself, ... I deduct that these have been used for about a year or so, maybe a bit more or less, ... considering "winter time" just passed so they may look a bit worse from just going through that.

With that being said, I have also heard of the car they came off of, ... so it kinda proves his original thoughts.

I guess I could've taken a picture with the camera sitting on the ground, ... but those never come out good.
oh, I wasn't doubting they were used, I just wanted a nice description to make the mental image
Old 04-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Motormouth
Banned

if he sold you used parts and half assed the job, why would you go back at all? take it to another shop and have him pay them for the work. or just sue his ***.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:23 AM
rocks

Lets see popcharger 100$, Crush bent exhaust with generic muffler 300$ at most, used coilovers 500$.. You have a problem. Probably 1500$ in parts and labor. The 1500$ restocking fee for the turbokit is BS. I have been reading this thread and thats outrageous.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
MIAPLAYA

Like someone mentioned, ... they are "aged", as in they have a lot of knicks, etc, the paint is worn, and the labeling is about half gone.
I think they call that "seasoned"....
Old 04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahmads350z
small claims is up to $7500...and cost about a hundred dollars...just a thought
Very true, I could pursue that, but I would prefer not to. Im hoping that he will make all this right to me. In our negotiation, He agreed to get me the Stillen true dual exhaust like I originally asked for, he is getting me a correct popcharger, and He is giving me $1000 back. If that is not enough and he got too good of a deal then im sure he knows it. Maybe he will show some good faith and refund me the whole 1500 because he knows that is what I should get, but I did agree, so if he doesn't want to show some good faith and refund the 1500 I can't make him and I won't try. Any input on this amount? Im sure MrA will see this thread and knows what is the right amount I deserve to get back
Old 04-06-2007, 12:04 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very true, I could pursue that, but I would prefer not to. Im hoping that he will make all this right to me. In our negotiation, He agreed to get me the Stillen true dual exhaust like I originally asked for, he is getting me a correct popcharger, and He is giving me $1000 back. If that is not enough and he got too good of a deal then im sure he knows it. Maybe he will show some good faith and refund me the whole 1500 because he knows that is what I should get, but I did agree, so if he doesn't want to show some good faith and refund the 1500 I can't make him and I won't try. Any input on this amount? Im sure MrA will see this thread and knows what is the right amount I deserve to get back
Not good enough IMO......

Quick Reply: work done by VRT