Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

New problems, this time may be baaaaaaad

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:15 AM
05Z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jehamilton_98
Well, I have been checking my oil since this whole mess started (going on two weeks) and I can not tell that there has been any oil burnt from my dipstick. Have you checked out the vids I posted at the beginning of this thread? Was your car doing something similar?
Yea my car also had smoke very much like your's but not that heavy. I have a Borla true dual stock headers and had test pipes with resonators. I put the cats on and haven't noticed the smoke anymore until the other day some guy wanted a race and when I took off I noticed heavy smoke in my mirror and it didn't come from my tires.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:15 AM
jehamilton_98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05Z33
I put the cats on and haven't noticed the smoke anymore until the other day some guy wanted a race and when I took off I noticed heavy smoke in my mirror and it didn't come from my tires.
EXACTLY what just happened to me.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
WV350z

DAMN MEGAN RACING TEST PIPES! I DID THE SAME MOD TO MINE DID THE SAME EXACT THING..I HOPE THERE BUILDING GETS STRUCK DOWN BY THE CAR GODS..it looked like a turbo diesel semi with a blown turbo gasket or some ****..smoked horrible...I just orderd the Intense Power/Top Speed test pipes...these better not do it!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:37 AM
WV350z

guys my 03 Z had 37K when i installed the megan racing test pipes...i had the 3 different mods on JWT pop charger skunk 2 plenum spacer then those test pipes...1 megan racing said they had herd rumors of problems with smoking they were working on the new batch they wouldnt do anything for me.If you take the 02 sensor out and look at them in the pipes they are BLLLACCCCKKKK like 4 minutes running or driving take em out and look at them BLACk..same thing as you are having problems with...i took mine off..and they went away it thrown the same code also.. it smoked a tad after un install i believe it was burning all the stuff out of my exhaust which it blew in it i believe...id give these megan racing test pipes to someone if they payed shipping...but i wouldnt wanna curse anyone with this issue! it is so embarrasing! i had someone pull up at the gas station at night saying is your car alright its so nice whats wrong with it...i hated it!!!and yes mine had the same fiber packing on my tips also...Darren at Intense power said he had nvr heard of any issues with there test pipes..so when i get them installed this week...we will find out if Megan racing just sucks or i have a POS that just rolled over 60k ...but i do have the 75K extended i purchased!
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM
jehamilton_98

Originally Posted by WV350z
DAMN MEGAN RACING TEST PIPES! I DID THE SAME MOD TO MINE DID THE SAME EXACT THING..I HOPE THERE BUILDING GETS STRUCK DOWN BY THE CAR GODS..it looked like a turbo diesel semi with a blown turbo gasket or some ****..smoked horrible...I just orderd the Intense Power/Top Speed test pipes...these better not do it!
So your's smoked like mine did in the vids? Did it have the same stuff in the exhaust as mind did in the pics?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM
jehamilton_98

guys my 03 Z had 37K when i installed the megan racing test pipes...i had the 3 different mods on JWT pop charger skunk 2 plenum spacer then those test pipes...1 megan racing said they had herd rumors of problems with smoking they were working on the new batch they wouldnt do anything for me.If you take the 02 sensor out and look at them in the pipes they are BLLLACCCCKKKK like 4 minutes running or driving take em out and look at them BLACk..same thing as you are having problems with...i took mine off..and they went away it thrown the same code also.. it smoked a tad after un install i believe it was burning all the stuff out of my exhaust which it blew in it i believe...id give these megan racing test pipes to someone if they payed shipping...but i wouldnt wanna curse anyone with this issue! it is so embarrasing! i had someone pull up at the gas station at night saying is your car alright its so nice whats wrong with it...i hated it!!!and yes mine had the same fiber packing on my tips also...Darren at Intense power said he had nvr heard of any issues with there test pipes..so when i get them installed this week...we will find out if Megan racing just sucks or i have a POS that just rolled over 60k ...but i do have the 75K extended i purchased!
So you had the same problem as I did in the pics and vids?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:01 AM
WV350z

same exact thing...no videos or anything..it took it about an hour or so for it to start doing it once installed..drove em around for about 20 miles 30 miles..
I just opend up my brand new Top Speed test pipes...im gonna install hopefully saturday when im off.So i guess we will see if my car is a POS or Megan is the real POS..My car jus got dropped off at Nissan to get a new rebuilt tranny..But it was so embarrasing driving around with my Z smoking like its on fire!!and everyone just stairing at you!

i think its the product.Megan racing or enjukuracing.com which i bought these things off of wouldnt give me any $$ Back or anything.Back then thats when you could guy these test pipes for $160...not 65$ on ebay the way you can now...and that is why they are $65!!!

hopefully these Top Speed pipes are good
Old 05-02-2007, 05:29 AM
jehamilton_98

hopefully these Top Speed pipes are good
At the top of this post, my 1st post is a link. Check it out as well. I had the Top Speed test pipes on before I had the Megan Racing. No smoke from these but they were only on for a couple of days with very little driving. Both test pipes I put on had that horrible "squeak" that you can hear in the vids.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:46 AM
WV350z

how did the top speed pipes treat you?no smoke please tell me!!.lol i jus got my car back from Nissan with the Jim Wolf clutch install..gonna install them wednesday
Old 05-05-2007, 07:20 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by jehamilton_98
At the top of this post, my 1st post is a link. Check it out as well. I had the Top Speed test pipes on before I had the Megan Racing. No smoke from these but they were only on for a couple of days with very little driving. Both test pipes I put on had that horrible "squeak" that you can hear in the vids.
Were you able to solve the white smoke problem?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:23 AM
jehamilton_98

how did the top speed pipes treat you?no smoke please tell me!!.lol i jus got my car back from Nissan with the Jim Wolf clutch install..gonna install them wednesday
No, I didn't have any smoke from the Top Speed test pipes, BUT I didn't have them on for very long. Didn't log in enough miles or run them for a period of time long enough to see if they smoked.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:28 AM
jehamilton_98

Originally Posted by davidv
Were you able to solve the white smoke problem?
I took the Megan Racing pipes off and the smoke gradually went away. Since then, I installed the Injen SES exhaust and there hasn't been one hint of smoke (except for the initial burn off smoke).

I thought that the smoke was me burning oil, but I kept checking my oil level and my car seems to burn oil all the way to the L mark but never any more. If I add a little oil, it slowly burns back down to the L mark but like I said, NEVER any more past that.

My personal opinion is that it was the Megan Racing resonated test pipes. This experience has left a VERY sour taste in my mouth when it comes to Megan Racing and their product.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 AM
Shift2win

No smoke from The Top Speed test pipes...Megan blows...and due to the test pipes...every so and so it'll smoke at idle..where it wouldnt with factory cats to help with my decision my car burns oil like its free anymore!..
Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 AM
jehamilton_98

Originally Posted by Shift2win
No smoke from The Top Speed test pipes...Megan blows...and due to the test pipes...every so and so it'll smoke at idle..where it wouldnt with factory cats to help with my decision my car burns oil like its free anymore!..
I too have noticed that my car burns oil like crazy. I'm not blowing out smoke or anything like that, but I have to keep a regular check on it to make sure nothing gets harmed. No I have approx 39K on my car and everything runs great. The oil consumption is worrysome.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Shift2win

i am WV350Z i forgot my password and stuff and it kept messin up when id send for a new password....but mines taking 1/4 a qt every 500 miles.but mine does smoke some under WOT when the cars hott or been ran hard...figured it would just be because of the no cats deal...im picking up a JIC single exhaust sunday sooo well see what happens.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:09 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rocks
The resonater or muffler would not cause smoke for that long. They smoke for 10-15mins max, not for a week. I watched it again when i came home, to me it looks like your burning oil. Fuel injector stuck open will cause a black smoke. Water is white. Oil is a light blue. Probably bad valve guides, or seals.
I had pure white, noxious fumes from having one bank of fuel injectors stuck open. FWIW...