Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART pipes)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z_Al
Could the rasp sound like a little metal ball rattling inside one of the hemholtz chambers under light throttle from 1800-2500rpm?
Possibly.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by Rubidium
I just bought a set of these as a birthday gift to myself!
And they are the perfect compliment to the Shockwave))) exhaust. Perfect sound. Not overwhelmingly loud like regular test pipes and much deeper sounding.

Happy Birthday!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Rubidium

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Before and After ART pipes

Got a custom tune right after I installed my Motordyne TDX v2 exhaust.

4th Gear pull:
-The first number is with out the motordyne exhaust. The second with the TDX v2 and custom tune.
Name:  PETER08350Z4THGEAR.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  96.0 KB

5th Gear pull:
-The first number is with out the motordyne exhaust. The second with the TDX v2 and custom tune.
Name:  PETER085THGEAR.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  106.0 KB

Installed Motordyne ART pipes: (My camera was dead so using motordyne pic)
Name:  CeramicART.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  78.3 KB
Then performed tuning:
4th Gear Pull
Name:  PETER4THGEAR.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  87.5 KB

5Th Gear Pull
Name:  PETER5THGEAR.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  83.6 KB

The ART Pipes:
Just like Hydrazine says no RASP through the entire power band and I gained 15whp and 10 tq, I am absolutely satisfied with these. The ART pipes work as advertised!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:51 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

very very nice
Old 10-08-2011, 09:29 AM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyway we can get those ART Pipe numbers overlayed over stock and exhaust numbers?
Old 10-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Rubidium

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Anyway we can get those ART Pipe numbers overlayed over stock and exhaust numbers?
I was running stock cats before
Old 10-08-2011, 05:03 PM
SniperHunter

I realize that, I'm trying to get an idea of how the curve jumped over stock cats by overlaying the charts.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:40 PM
SE5spd

Got a custom tune right after I installed my Motordyne TDX v2 exhaust.

4th Gear pull:

5th Gear pull:

Installed Motordyne ART pipes: (My camera was dead so using motordyne pic)

Then performed tuning:
4th Gear Pull

5Th Gear Pull

The ART Pipes:
Just like Hydrazine says no RASP through the entire power band and I gained 15whp and 10 tq, I am absolutely satisfied with these. The ART pipes work as advertised!
did you dyno your car when you were stock on the same dyno?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Rubidium

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
I realize that, I'm trying to get an idea of how the curve jumped over stock cats by overlaying the charts.
I will say that the ART pipes didn't do as much when just bolted on, till we did the cobb AP stage 2+ then tuned off that map is when it really started to gain.

Originally Posted by SE5spd
did you dyno your car when you were stock on the same dyno?
Sadly no, the 272 whp (4th gear pull) was the first time I put my car on the dyno. The only other member that has a baseline and a similar car is Blue350zed. He dyno'ed on that dyno with a baseline of 252whp.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:24 AM
SE5spd

I will say that the ART pipes didn't do as much when just bolted on, till we did the cobb AP stage 2+ then tuned off that map is when it really started to gain.

Sadly no, the 272 whp (4th gear pull) was the first time I put my car on the dyno. The only other member that has a baseline and a similar car is Blue350zed. He dyno'ed on that dyno with a baseline of 252whp.
o ok
Old 10-12-2011, 12:30 PM
BEBO'S ZEE

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive noticed more of these art pipes are popping up for sale. How many versions are there?(V1 and V2 is what I usually see) and whats the difference?
Ive also seen some post on driver mentioning fitment issues, is that just on the sedans?
Can you reuse your oem gaskets or can new ones be purchased from motordyne(art pipe specific)?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by BEBO'S ZEE
Ive noticed more of these art pipes are popping up for sale. How many versions are there?(V1 and V2 is what I usually see) and whats the difference?
Ive also seen some post on driver mentioning fitment issues, is that just on the sedans?
Can you reuse your oem gaskets or can new ones be purchased from motordyne(art pipe specific)?
There have only been slight upgrades but the latest now has vibration dampening brackets and are ceramic coated.

And the stock metal gaskets are used at the inlet and new gaskets are provided for the outlet.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 10-12-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:22 AM
PeterSellers

So I've had the ART pipes on for about 1500 miles now (still on the stock catback) and I had to remove the passenger side heatshield as it was still rattling against it. Once I removed that the rattle went away. I don't know if this is because of the stock catback or not but the setup seems to vibrate more than usual. I know that I had to kind of pull lightly in order to get the art pipes to meet up against the stock y pipe. I'm a little concerned that there is not enough flex with the stock catback and that the art pipes may crack, is there any danger of having the art pipes crack or am I being paranoid?

I also got a check engine light last week: P2A00 and P2A03. This seems to be an abnormal case with the art pipes from what I've read. Could this be indicative of a problem?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:35 PM
PeterSellers

I should also add that I just recently installed Injen CAIs right after the ART pipes, so it's quite possible that the Injen's are the source of my engine codes, but im not sure.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Thats not unusual for fitment. They were designed on a stock Y pipe and stock headers. Any amount of variation of the stock Y pipe is well within the fitment range of the ART pipes.

As for the CEL, its rare but its not a problem. If you ever get your car tuned the CEL can be shut off via Osirus.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 AM
onagao

Originally Posted by PeterSellers
I should also add that I just recently installed Injen CAIs right after the ART pipes, so it's quite possible that the Injen's are the source of my engine codes, but im not sure.
If it turns out that the CAIs aren't the source, I'd recommend inspecting/fixing/repairing your exhaust gaskets around the ART pipes. Those codes (P2A00, P2A03) are thrown by the upstream wideband O2 sensors, and almost every case that I've seen where someone fixed their problem, it turned out to be a leak that was making the sensors get stupid. Again, upstream sensors and not the cat-section; the bungs on the ART pipes actually do a stellar job of preventing those ones from throwing codes.

Last edited by onagao; 10-29-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM
PeterSellers

Looks like you were right onagao, I was suspecting an exhaust leak myself and this is what the art pipe to exhaust manifold gaskets looked like (after about 2K miles on them). I had my exhaust shop make an RTV silicone gasket and don't have any more leaks now.

I noticed that a lot of 370z owners were having the same issue with ART pipes (the gaskets getting blown out) and after talking with Tony he mentioned that he is now supplying the RTV silicone in his kits and is no longer including those carbon gaskets that you see in my pic. So HR owners that got the carbon gaskets in their kit, if you have those CELs and you suspect an exhaust leak check gaskets at the manifold to see if they are leaking.
Attached Thumbnails Advanced Resonance Tuning  (ART pipes)-photo.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A few questions:

Is there a cheaper non shiny version available? i saw someone mention it? Price to 97123.

From the graphs i've seen, there appears to be a deficit of up to 15 HP below about 2.5k compared to stock, am i reading these right?

Is there any deal for getting the ART pipes and the catted XYZ pipe at the same time?

Is there anything to be gained on the '04 motor? (DE i think)

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 PM
ronn1

Originally Posted by PeterSellers
Looks like you were right onagao, I was suspecting an exhaust leak myself and this is what the art pipe to exhaust manifold gaskets looked like (after about 2K miles on them). I had my exhaust shop make an RTV silicone gasket and don't have any more leaks now.

I noticed that a lot of 370z owners were having the same issue with ART pipes (the gaskets getting blown out) and after talking with Tony he mentioned that he is now supplying the RTV silicone in his kits and is no longer including those carbon gaskets that you see in my pic. So HR owners that got the carbon gaskets in their kit, if you have those CELs and you suspect an exhaust leak check gaskets at the manifold to see if they are leaking.
Berk supplies special gaskets you can order separately:

http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...69.231.215.161
Old 12-29-2011, 08:09 AM
bencurtis

has anyone used the xyz w/hfc + art pipes and passed california smog testing?

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART pipes)