Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Windshield Replacement - Safelite.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:54 PM
bigdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Replacement - Safelite.com

Got the windshield replaced today by http://www.safelite.com

It was $214 installed. I was expecting to pay $400+. I put my order in online yesterday at about 7:00PM, and the guy showed up at my office at 11:15AM to do the replacement. Had it done in an hour.

Glass is exactly the same as OEM, even has the same shade dots behind the rear-view mirror.

If anyone has to get your windshield replaced, be sure to at least get a quote from these guys. Good stuff.

Sean
Old 01-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Burnt350

I had them replace mine as well when I had a rock hit mine. However insurance paid for mine cause I live in florida ... I was very pleased with them. I watched how they took everything apart and my jaw just dropped.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:53 PM
bigdaddy

it was really very impressive. almost seemed like major surgery to me, but no big deal for him.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:16 PM
350redline

I have an appoitment for tomorrow with them. Someone tried to break in to my car through the A-pillar and there is a huge spider-like crack that annoys me!

Let you know how it goes tomorrow when i get back!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:11 AM
TechnoMnc

Originally Posted by bigdaddy
Got the windshield replaced today by http://www.safelite.com

It was $214 installed. I was expecting to pay $400+. I put my order in online yesterday at about 7:00PM, and the guy showed up at my office at 11:15AM to do the replacement. Had it done in an hour.

Glass is exactly the same as OEM, even has the same shade dots behind the rear-view mirror.

If anyone has to get your windshield replaced, be sure to at least get a quote from these guys. Good stuff.

Sean
Had safelite.com come out today... First quoted $228.95, then once on-site quoted $264.65. Installers BROKE the passenger side front pillar finisher (see pic). Also gouged plastic pieces and scraped up both windshield wiper arms. Part is going to cost them $369.47 to replace MSRP. Not impressed!!! Richmond, VA and area beware!
Attached Thumbnails Windshield Replacement - Safelite.com-snap.jpg  
Old 07-14-2007, 06:58 PM
350redline

That really sucks!!
Sorry about that.

I went out while they were working on mine and i walked out and they had thoes pieces off and i was like woah woah!!

Then i realized you have to take those off to get the windshield off.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

had mine replaced when my Z was in the paint shop, nISSan wanted just short of $900.00 installed, the local glass shop went to the dealer and installed the replacement glass for $170.00. The glass looks exactly like the OEM with the same shade dots behind the rear view mirror, only differenece the heavy manuafactued tint on the bottom of the glass has a open window so that you can see the VIN from outside of the Z. Most glass companies in Albuquerque were on the high $170.00s to the very low $200.00's including install. Bottom line glass is reasonable cept if you get the glass from NiSSan
Old 07-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had no problem with safelite. came out and did mine last week. this guy was good, even took extra care with my car to not leave any scratches or anything on the car (his hottie assistant practially washed the whole front of the car when done). hope i never have to replace a front window again, but if i do i am calling this guy
Old 07-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Apanther

Safelites are franchises. Even within the same franchise, certain installers will be better than others. In Richmond, I use GlassMasters or Budget Glass. I used to work for a major insurance company and all glass companies get the same complaints. Binswanger used to be the go to guys around here, but that has changed.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TechnoMnc
Had safelite.com come out today... First quoted $228.95, then once on-site quoted $264.65. Installers BROKE the passenger side front pillar finisher (see pic). Also gouged plastic pieces and scraped up both windshield wiper arms. Part is going to cost them $369.47 to replace MSRP. Not impressed!!! Richmond, VA and area beware!
Had mine replaced by those incompetent ****s today too and they did the same exact thing. Can't wait to spend hours on the phone trying to get this cluster**** resolved.

I had Glass America do it the other time, and although completely inadequate, the did come back out twice to seal the same leak and I had no further problems. The Goddamn Safelite guy even tried to say it was them that broke that piece and I just somehow overlooked it for 8 months.

In addition to that, the windshield has some identification stuff on the bottom left corner that irritates me, and the box for the vin number is off by a good 2 inches.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
TechnoMnc

Angry

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
Had mine replaced by those incompetent ****s today too and they did the same exact thing. Can't wait to spend hours on the phone trying to get this cluster**** resolved.

I had Glass America do it the other time, and although completely inadequate, the did come back out twice to seal the same leak and I had no further problems. The Goddamn Safelite guy even tried to say it was them that broke that piece and I just somehow overlooked it for 8 months.

In addition to that, the windshield has some identification stuff on the bottom left corner that irritates me, and the box for the vin number is off by a good 2 inches.
That is just wrong! Obviously these installers are incompetent...Physics 101 'leverage' and it's bad to do on plastic parts!@! Good luck, I called the national safelite.com # and asked for "Customer Satisfaction" and filed a complaint before the local franchise did squat.

My car has yet to be fixed though, they brought the wrong part out but it appeared to be Nissan's fault.