Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems
View Poll Results: what would you like to see?
targa top
20.00%
t- top
28.57%
the way it is
54.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

petition

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003 | 05:50 PM
inG35coupe

Default petition

I would like anyone who wants to see a targa top or a t- top version of the 350Z put their name and a comment. I would love to see this! After so many we will send it to Nissan and annoy them until they answer. Please get yours in a.s.a.p.

p.s. sounds like a photoshop job!
Old 03-02-2003 | 07:21 AM
dr_gallup

Targa and T-tops suck structurally, buy the convertable if you want a posuer car. A sunroof is not so bad but after having one in my last 3 cars I don't miss it at all.
Old 03-02-2003 | 08:53 AM
AKAkracker247

Dr_gallup why are you always on ing35coupe's case??? You diss his idea about the "mod list" and about the "targa/t-top" idea. I think your just against ing35coupe.
Old 03-04-2003 | 06:49 AM
Rahtok

The roof on the Z is so curved, I think you'd have a hardtime with either a T-top or a sunroof. And there are valid points to structural weaknesses in both of those, but considering that the Z was designed to accomodate a convertible in the first place, I think that you'd find the structural weakness argument to be a moot point.
Old 03-04-2003 | 01:42 PM
dr_gallup

Originally posted by AKAkracker247
Dr_gallup why are you always on ing35coupe's case??? You diss his idea about the "mod list" and about the "targa/t-top" idea. I think your just against ing35coupe.
I didn't even notice they were from the same guy. I'm just a hard assed engineer who says what he thinks. I know I sometimes rub people the wrong way, need to be careful on this internet thing cuz nobody can see my face or hear my tone of voice to get the complete meaning.
Old 03-04-2003 | 01:58 PM
inG35coupe

You're not a hard assed engineer, even though you need to get off your @ss and actually engineer. you're just an *******, BIT**
Old 03-04-2003 | 02:26 PM
dr_gallup

Originally posted by inG35coupe
You're not a hard assed engineer, even though you need to get off your @ss and actually engineer. you're just an *******, BIT**
He's just cranky cuz he's stuck in a G35 and doesn't even own a sports car.

What makes you think I'm not a degreed mechanical engineer who has designed fuel injection for BMW, Jag, SAAB, Rover, Ford, PSA, Buell, etc., etc.? You're a student! In what, physical education?
Old 03-04-2003 | 03:45 PM
inG35coupe

How do you know I own a g35 coupe (my name), don't judge a book buy its cover. If I judged you by your name you would be riding a horse gallup. Actually I am a student and I am becoming an Manufacturing engineer and i'm going to design cars for a major company. "What makes you think I'm not a degreed mechanical engineer who has designed fuel injection for BMW, Jag, SAAB, Rover, Ford, PSA, Buell, etc" what makes me think you do?
Old 03-05-2003 | 08:19 AM
dr_gallup

Originally posted by inG35coupe
How do you know I own a g35 coupe (my name), don't judge a book buy its cover. If I judged you by your name you would be riding a horse gallup. Actually I am a student and I am becoming an Manufacturing engineer and i'm going to design cars for a major company. "What makes you think I'm not a degreed mechanical engineer who has designed fuel injection for BMW, Jag, SAAB, Rover, Ford, PSA, Buell, etc" what makes me think you do?
Manufacturing engineers don't design cars. Manufacturing engineers don't design anything, they make what design engineers tell them to make. If you want to design cars (as opposed to the components like I do) you need to go to Art School. As far as what I have designed you can search for Society of Automobile Engineers (SAE) papers I have authored or US and foriegn patents in my name. That is, if you know how to do research.
Old 03-05-2003 | 12:26 PM
inG35coupe

Ok, I'm going to be the bigger man and apologize for what I said and acting immature. But, I would like to know why you spend your time on here? I do, because I don't have a 350Z (i'm getting one). FYI--Actually it is mainly a manufacturing engineer that designs cars, I tell the CAD engineer what to draw and he does it as best he can. I would like this argument to come to an end. I am willing, are you?
Old 03-05-2003 | 03:05 PM
dr_gallup

I spend my time on here cuz I have a CS Enthusiast 350Z that I took delivery on in August last year. I like this particular forum because I have the expertise to give an informed answer to people with certain technical problems. I never meant for this to get personal. Like I said a few posts further up, I didn't even notice that I had rained on your parade twice until AKAkracker247 pointed it out.

I happen to prefer a closed roof sports car because of its structural and maintenance advantages. There are very few cars on the market that meet this criteria (only 2 seats and a solid roof), none in the Z's price range. The only ones that I can think of at the moment under $80K are the Z06 Corvette and the 911. One of my primary reasons for buying the Z was it's uncompromized structural integrity (no unnecessary holes cut in it). I've had sunroofs and t-tops (never a targa) and while they are appealing in the showroom I have come to believe that they are more trouble than they are worth. I don't expect most buyers to agree with me.

I won't debate futher with you which end of the engineering team wags the dog but I recommend that you get a summer job as an engineering intern and get some first hand experience. I think it may open your eyes.