Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Post here only if you have had your TRANNY replaced.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 02:37 PM
alpine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ssk0771
Went to Performance Nissan today so they can check out my tranny and clutch loosing pressure in the morning.

Jeff was great. He greeted me and Javier got me to an advisor. They are going to check out my tranny for grind and loud rattle after driving.

We'll see what happens.
Jeff/Performance are great, so anything that can be done, will be done, and you can count on them.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:18 AM
austin9250

Tranny replaced 7-26-05, '03 6MT 37k miles.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:18 PM
sm350z

Tranny replaced 07-10-05, '04 6MT 25k miles
Old 08-15-2005, 07:29 PM
ALL_MTR_GTS

Tranny replaced 08-15-05, '03 6MT 27k miles.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:32 PM
rjenk

Should have the okay from NNA tomorrow for a tranny replacement.

Currently at 11K miles and it is a 2004.5. While they have it in the shop they have done the front end alignment and are replacing the two front tires due to noise and feathering.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:51 AM
NourZ

Tranny replaced 08-03-05 2003 6MT 14k miles

The new Tranny seems to be worse than the old one!

1st to 2ed feels like the tranny is gonna fall apart "rarely would go in smooth".
Third gear refuses to go in sometimes.

Do I have to work the tranny in for it to work properly? My 93 Saturn gear box works better than that
Old 08-24-2005, 02:28 AM
rjenk

Originally Posted by rjenk
Should have the okay from NNA tomorrow for a tranny replacement.

Currently at 11K miles and it is a 2004.5. While they have it in the shop they have done the front end alignment and are replacing the two front tires due to noise and feathering.
Got a call yesterday letting me know that my car will be ready today. New tranny, new front tires, new driver side mirror (window leak), new steering wheel (aluminum pealing), alignment and window streaking.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:20 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys

Starting to have problems with my Tranny. Only happens in 3rd gear. When i take the car close to redline from second and try to go into 3rd it grinds everytime. Now if i change gears at a low RPM just everyday around the town driving there is no problems.

I have 44k on the car and a few mods installed. So my question is am i going to run into problems when i go to try and get this issue fixed. Any help would be appriciated.

Mods in sig

Laterz
Aceman
Old 08-25-2005, 02:21 PM
Zlayer

Ive had my tranny replaced at about 18000mi. does the new tranny recieve a new warranty or does it run out when original waranty is over. I have about 25k mi. now and am a bit worried that the issue will pop up again.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:12 PM
tofast2pass

VIN# 2475

2003 Touring
28,000 miles
1st tranny replacement: 9/16/2005
Grinding going into 3rd
Old 09-16-2005, 01:53 PM
alpine

Originally Posted by mwh350z
Ive had my tranny replaced at about 18000mi. does the new tranny recieve a new warranty or does it run out when original waranty is over. I have about 25k mi. now and am a bit worried that the issue will pop up again.
When is your original warranty up? If this work was done within your original warranty, and the service warranty expires before your original warranty, then it doesn't matter.

If the warranty period of the service for the tranny exceeds the orignal warranty period then you will get the benefit of that.

I do not believe you will get a warranty on the tranny itself as it was provided to you under the original warranty.

If you were to purchase the tranny, then you would get that warranty in addition to the service warranty.

this is a lot easier to say than to write.

hope that helps, and more importantly I hope it's correct.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:47 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by aceman
Hey guys

Starting to have problems with my Tranny. Only happens in 3rd gear. When i take the car close to redline from second and try to go into 3rd it grinds everytime. Now if i change gears at a low RPM just everyday around the town driving there is no problems.

I have 44k on the car and a few mods installed. So my question is am i going to run into problems when i go to try and get this issue fixed. Any help would be appriciated.

Mods in sig

Laterz
Aceman
I too have JUST began having yet the same problem on my 3rd yes THIRD tranny! This time it is 5th that grinds when simply upshifting from 4th. Now needless to say, I have persinally met with the regional corporate Nissan guy as well as an engineer who was here back @ $15k on my 2nd one. Both times replaced with no drama/question. But now... I'm afraid that 3 strikes and I'm out! I have spoken with Nissan Consumer Affairs and I await a call today form a corporate regional guy. I have already talked with my attorney who is checking on our states Lemon Laws. I have put allot of sweat & tears in my babay, but enough is enough. There is two options I will request if they can't be accomidated I will demand a re-purchase by the manufacturer.
I will keep you all posted...
Old 09-20-2005, 08:49 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Oh yeah.... I'm at @ 45k.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:31 AM
daequitz

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
I too have JUST began having yet the same problem on my 3rd yes THIRD tranny! This time it is 5th that grinds when simply upshifting from 4th. Now needless to say, I have persinally met with the regional corporate Nissan guy as well as an engineer who was here back @ $15k on my 2nd one. Both times replaced with no drama/question. But now... I'm afraid that 3 strikes and I'm out! I have spoken with Nissan Consumer Affairs and I await a call today form a corporate regional guy. I have already talked with my attorney who is checking on our states Lemon Laws. I have put allot of sweat & tears in my babay, but enough is enough. There is two options I will request if they can't be accomidated I will demand a re-purchase by the manufacturer.
I will keep you all posted...
Yes, please post here as to your outcome. I've only got 8,500 total miles and on tranny #2. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:13 AM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd gear grind with 45k

Going to try and make it to the dealer sometime this week or next. Been busy at work and havent had a chance to get it into them.

Yeah, third gear is getting alot worse. If i shift from above 6k it will grind everytime. But below that its once in awhile. Just cant drive it fast like i want to. Kinda taking the fun away from the car with this being the way it is. I hate to hear that grind

45k on the car. Never had to replace it yet. Wish me luck.

I will keep you guys posted aswell

Laterz
Aceman
Old 09-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Vitamin Z

Had it replaced at 9K. The new tranny has developed the same problem. Dealer is reluctant to do anything.
Old 09-24-2005, 10:32 AM
tofast2pass

Okay Ive had the car back and new tranny for about 1 week now. The new tranny rattles in 1st all the way up to 3100 rpms, and does it even worse in reverse. WTF?! I know this is now a common problem, but how do I fix it? The new tranny seems to Slips/Shakes/Chatters/Vibrates sometimes when under hard acceleration, I mean when it does it, its bad. Bad enough for me to instantly let off the gas and push in the clutch. It doesnt do this all the time only 3 times as of now. But dont tell me that this is normal! Because its not! Should I take it back into the dealer, or still give it a couple of weeks. Do these remanufactured transmissions need to break in or what?

Last edited by tofast2pass; 09-24-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Zlayer

Originally Posted by tofast2pass
Okay Ive had the car back and new tranny for about 1 week now. The new tranny rattles in 1st all the way up to 3100 rpms, and does it even worse in reverse. WTF?! I know this is now a common problem, but how do I fix it? The new tranny seems to Slips/Shakes/Chatters/Vibrates sometimes when under hard acceleration, I mean when it does it, its bad. Bad enough for me to instantly let off the gas and push in the clutch. It doesnt do this all the time only 3 times as of now. But dont tell me that this is normal! Because its not! Should I take it back into the dealer, or still give it a couple of weeks. Do these remanufactured transmissions need to break in or what?
I would definately take it easy for 500 to 1000 miles just to be safe. If the problem persists take it in imediatley. You'll regret it if you dont.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:04 PM
tofast2pass

I was looking over the invoice that the dealer gave me, and it said that they had replaced the Clutch cover assembly & Disc assembly. What are these? And do these need to be replaced when the tranny is swapped out? Could this be a reason for the new noise? Maybe somethings not matching up?

Last edited by tofast2pass; 09-25-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Zlayer

Originally Posted by tofast2pass
I was looking over the invoice that the dealer gave me, and it said that they had replaced the Clutch cover assembly & Disc assembly. What are these? And do these need to be replaced when the tranny is swapped out? Could this be a reason for the new noise? Maybe somethings not matching up?
my clutch was also replaced. I dont know any reason for the noises. My new clutch felt (at first) like it released all at once, very "on off", when I first drove it after install. But after a few hundered miles it went back to normal.

Quick Reply: Post here only if you have had your TRANNY replaced.