Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Flashing airbag lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
slo_latino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive dealt with that hell forsaken blinking light for the last two years. haha sometimes i want to punch that damn thing. ive tried to do that reset and it didnt work. its been reset once from nissan but it came back on a few days later. im going to try to clean the connectors and plug them up again. hope that takes care of it
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine's been on for a few months now. haven't really cared about doing anything about it. it's not so much the light itself but the constant blinking that's annoying.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:23 AM
CircleHeartX

Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
mine's been on for a few months now. haven't really cared about doing anything about it. it's not so much the light itself but the constant blinking that's annoying.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 AM
RedRidingHood

I have had this problem since I got my car three months ago. The carfax said the previous owner replaced the module. Then after I bought the car and it happened I made the dealership I bought it from replace it again. A week later The light came on again. Tried resetting it several times which worked for a few days at a time.

It is getting really frustrating and I have a serious concern about my airbags not working. So does this light and its error affect the function of the airbags? Do they definitely not work or what?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Blooster

Airbag light's been turning on every 6-8 months on my Z, for over FIVE YEARS now (no lie). Great dealer service dept and extended warranty changed assemblies, wiring under the seats, etc., multiple times (for free).

Most recently: Great service writer talked to Nissan engineer, who knew about TSB on G's for this problem ...

There's a connector that gets microscopic oxidation. It has to be rebuilt and sealed. Couldn't find a TSB link to post, but did see lots of airbag issues on G forums.

My connector was rebuilt last week, so too soon to say if it's fixed for sure.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Originally Posted by RedRidingHood
I have had this problem since I got my car three months ago. The carfax said the previous owner replaced the module. Then after I bought the car and it happened I made the dealership I bought it from replace it again. A week later The light came on again. Tried resetting it several times which worked for a few days at a time.

It is getting really frustrating and I have a serious concern about my airbags not working. So does this light and its error affect the function of the airbags? Do they definitely not work or what?
From what I remember, any SRS light indiactes a fault in the system and the airbags will NOT deploy.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:03 AM
RedRidingHood

Originally Posted by VividRacing
From what I remember, any SRS light indiactes a fault in the system and the airbags will NOT deploy.
Well that's just lovely then
Old 08-07-2011, 09:34 AM
zprincess

Originally Posted by AZNNBLK
I was told that the airbag light can flash on occasion if mods are done on the car or if you change / disconnect the battery. Well, who didn't? Mine happened at 28K miles. So, I doubt it was a mechanical issue and more a computer problem. The first thing to do is to reset the airbag indicator light.

For the Airbag Reseting procedure, you should first change the SRS system to self-diagnosis mode, and then back to regular mode to clear the airbag fault you might be getting. The procedure is very easy.

How to Change to Self-Diagnosis Mode:
1. Turn Ignition switch from OFF to ON position.
2. Watch the airbag light to come on (and start blinking). Immediately turn the ignition switch to the OFF (ACC) position) and count for 5 seconds.
3. Repeat the steps (1-2) two more times. (This sets the system to Diagnostic Mode)
4. Turn ignition switch ON again. You should now notice the airbag light blink at a much slower pace - i.e. a few secs off and then on... (If you don't see this, repeat the process again until you are in the Diagnostics mode or have someone else try this).
5. Once it is in the diagnostic mode, you can leave it in this mode as long as you need. Count for at least 5 seconds and turn off the ignition switch again. (In this mode, the computer checks for any internal faults and resets the airbag indicator light if there is no mechanical problems.)
6. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 5 seconds.
7. Turn ignition switch ON again (This returns the system to User Mode)

Your Airbag light should no longer flash.
I have done this numerous times and it worked. Now it doesn't work anymore. The parts to fix it without labor are approximately $1,100. I need to have the door panel removed by a trim shop as the car has a custom interior. What a nightmare in cost. The dealer tried hard to have this covered under the warranty as the car only has 14,000 mile on it but it is 5 years old now.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 AM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got tired doing this shat over n over again. I just simply ignore it.

I drive very careful anyways (yea right).
Old 11-06-2011, 01:58 AM
zprincess

Default Update

Originally Posted by zprincess
I have done this numerous times and it worked. Now it doesn't work anymore. The parts to fix it without labor are approximately $1,100. I need to have the door panel removed by a trim shop as the car has a custom interior. What a nightmare in cost. The dealer tried hard to have this covered under the warranty as the car only has 14,000 mile on it but it is 5 years old now.
I fixed it Friday. I let the battery go dead. I then recharged the battery. This reset the computer. I then ran the procedures and voila airbag flashing light problem fixed.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Josemr2

Originally Posted by Sam405
Okay this is how I got mine to reset.

1.) First I open my door and use that as a timer.
2.) Turn my car into the on position wait for the airbag light to come on.
3.) Turn key to off position. When the airbag light starts to blink . You will hear the beeping sound from your door being open. Count 10 beeps and follow the same steps as number 2.) For 4 times it should go off.
Ok I know is an old thread but it was the only way that I was able to remove the blinking air bag light.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 PM
BYBYCOP

Default Anyone heard of Airbag Systems Inc?!?!

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. I have 91,000 miles on my 2005 Z and it started blinking about 3 months ago. I had the dealer reset it for free but it came back on after 2 days. I was looking for a new sensor on eBay and I came across this company called "Airbag Systems Inc". Apparently for $50, you ship them your module
and they send you a repaired
module in 24 hours. The BBB
says they've been around since
1996 with only 3 complaints. 2
complaints for bad shipping And 1 for not fixing the module. For 16 year of business that doesn't sound too bad. So anyways, has anyone ever heard of these guys or had any luck or bad luck with them? There's no way I'm paying $900 to replace this sh.t - but I've got VA Inspection coming up and need a fix. Thanks guys.

practices and 1 for
Old 02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Blooster

Originally Posted by BYBYCOP
Hey guys, I'm having the same problem. I have 91,000 miles on my 2005 Z and it started blinking about 3 months ago. I had the dealer reset it for free but it came back on after 2 days. I was looking for a new sensor on eBay and I came across this company called "Airbag Systems Inc". Apparently for $50, you ship them your module
and they send you a repaired
module in 24 hours. The BBB
says they've been around since
1996 with only 3 complaints. 2
complaints for bad shipping And 1 for not fixing the module. For 16 year of business that doesn't sound too bad. So anyways, has anyone ever heard of these guys or had any luck or bad luck with them? There's no way I'm paying $900 to replace this sh.t - but I've got VA Inspection coming up and need a fix. Thanks guys.

practices and 1 for
Are you positive that replacing that module will fix the light? There's more to that system than just the module.

My airbag light has been coming on about every 6 months for the last 6 years.

After many warranty repair attempts (including replacing wiring harnesses under the seat), the latest thing a Nissan engineer said was that there was a wire resistance problem. They pulled the wire and re-routed directly from the airbag to the control unit. That was about a month ago; so far so good.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
BYBYCOP

Blooster,

Good call man. I'm not quite sure to be honest. I simply assumed this was the issue because I've never had any issue with the airbag light in the previous 88,000 miles. How would the actual cause be determined? Thanks

Mike
Old 02-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Blooster

Originally Posted by BYBYCOP
Blooster,

Good call man. I'm not quite sure to be honest. I simply assumed this was the issue because I've never had any issue with the airbag light in the previous 88,000 miles. How would the actual cause be determined? Thanks

Mike
Wish I knew. Start with the error code, if you didn't already. My error points to drivers side airbag assembly; that's been swapped 4 times (no lie).
Old 04-15-2012, 07:24 AM
=Cerberus=

I love the internet. My light came on because my seats were out during the testing of gauges. This shut the light right out.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:07 AM
CircleHeartX

my Light came back on after reset
Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 PM
bobbyz350

reset done no more light!!!! thanx for the fix
Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Suwaidi

My light came on after the reset, but I did the reset a couple of more times for a few days, and it's been gone ever since.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Zenica

Originally Posted by Beast101
My z is at the shop for this very reason. I have an extended warranty, so I didn't ask too many questions. From what I know they had to order a part for the seat, but when they ordered it and installed it, it still didn't work. Right now theyre ordering another part for Monday. I hope they just give me a whole new seat or somethin.
I have this issue and suspect it isn't the actual module...what was the fault in yours?

Quick Reply: Flashing airbag lights