Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you found the problem
Old 10-22-2015, 05:55 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ImportPartsPro
Glad you found the problem
I thought I had the same problem as you but I'm not so sure after rreading that it was a backwards clutch disk. My clutch won't disengage for the life of me... I have been battling this for a full month now. I started with bleeding the system, then making a spacer to put in between the slave and the fork, then making a longer clutch pedal to master cylinder fork (I was able to get it to barely release when I was at the very last thread at the pedal). I thought for sure that the elongated fork would be perfect but no. I have driven the car like 1200 miles, basically I would adjust the pedal, it would work until the next morning then I would have to re-adjust it to get into gear and go. When I got to the point where I ran out of threads I made the longer fork with no luck. The pedal springs back every time, feels firm, and I haven't leaked a DROP of fluid from the master or slave (slave is brand new).

I do not know what can make it so I am not getting enough throw... I am running a Z1 motorsports street performance clutch/flywheel combo and it held 445WHP no problem. In the month I have had the car on the road I have had maybe 2 days of full disengagement, always followed by not being able to get into gear the next morning. It seems like I need the RJM pedal or a wilwood master but I know there are hundreds of people who run the z1 clutch/flywheel with the OEM slave and master... Just my luck!!!

I have called around, read for days, I'm thoroughly stumped. Emissions is due Monday in CT (car is in RI) and now I'm F'd.

Edit: Turned out to be loose pressure plate bolts. Got lucky that I caught it.

Last edited by yosip1115; 12-24-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Cboyko350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch not disengageing at all after replaced

After installing my new z1 Motorsports clutch kit (6 puck disc and light weight flywheel) I put the transmission back in and noticed that the clutch fork had play in it ( able to be moved back and forth easily). The throwout bearing is not touching the pressure plate and when the clutch is pushed in it's stays on the ground with no resistance. I've tried bleeding it but it make no difference. Are there different sizes for the TOB sleeve because I had to replace the sleeve because I broke it trying to press the new bearing in. It's like the sleeve is too short but I ordered it by vin #. If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.

Thanks