Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Got a few things fixed at Smithtown Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004 | 02:43 PM
StandAloneZ

Default Got a few things fixed at Smithtown Nissan

I dropped off my car today at Smithtown Nissan for several issues. The front tires, window grease, clickin sound in rear axle, drivers seat shifting, tranny grinds, seat fraying, and squeeking brakes. Well, a few of these things got done but not all of them so i dont know how to feel. They fixed the window grease, the metal tickin sound in the rear axle, replaced and aligned my front wheels, and "cleaned the brake dust" to prevent squeeking. But, the guy drove my car and could not duplicate the grinding (mainly in 3rd and sometimes 5th). In addition, he said the worn seats are normal and he could not duplicate the seat shifting. All in all, I'm kind of satisfied with these guys because I didnt think anything would've been fixed. Anyways, what do you guys think i should do with the remaining problems? I thought there was a TSB on the seats fraying??? Now I'm gonna go give a thorough inpsection of the Z. Later.
Old 06-29-2004 | 03:27 PM
swong13

Default Re: Got a few things fixed at Smithtown Nissan

There is a TSB for the fraying seats. Go to www.nissanhelp.com and check on TSB #03063.

-Steven
Old 06-29-2004 | 07:34 PM
silverstoneTT

Did they give you any trouble with the axel or did they know about the ticking noise? how long did they keep the car?

Were you charged any diagnostic fees for anything that they checked but didnt fix, like the grind?
Old 06-29-2004 | 08:23 PM
StandAloneZ

Nope, they gave me no trouble about the axel because i presented them with the tsb. I dropped the car off at around 8 and it was done around 5. I wasn't charged for any diagnostic fees, everything was under warranty. If you present them with the tsb, they have no way around that. I should've brought the tsb about the seats, but i thought they wouldnt give me trouble for something so small as that.
Old 06-30-2004 | 04:25 AM
silverstoneTT

I hope they dont give me any problems either. I brought the TSB but the service guy said they didnt need it and they would investigate themselves as to what could be causing the problem....which is ridiculous, thats why they release the TSBs. Im gonna call later to see what they did.
Old 06-30-2004 | 05:05 AM
StandAloneZ

Yea, they told me that hey a bin filled with all the TSB's, but i told the service advisor to hold my TSB's too.
Old 06-30-2004 | 01:19 PM
Loco350Z

Sorry guys but what is tsb?
Old 06-30-2004 | 07:47 PM
StandAloneZ

TSB is Technical Service Bulletin. It basically states a specific problem the car is having and shows the service technicians how to fix it. If any of you guys are going in for any of these fixes, just print out all the TSB's even if the shop says they have them, staple them all together and give it to the service advisor. This way, they can't give you any bs excuses.
Old 07-03-2004 | 11:28 AM
silverstoneTT

Well i brought mine in and left it for the day. the next morning i get a call that the tech couldnt reproduce the noise soi tell him ill be there in a few minutes. 20 minutes later im in jersey at Ramsey Nissan and wait and wait and wait. finall the tech comes out and first repeatedly tells me to not let anyone screw with the car because i have switches and scratches etc. He even like points out a scratch on my bumper and says i shouldnt mistreat the car.....as if thats what i needed to hear from him. Then he sits in the car with me and as i move the car and hear the click, hes telling me its the dual mass flywheel to which i respond something along the lines of "im not stupid, there is no way that noise is anywhere near the shifter and if anything, a flywheel doesnt click. my friend outside the car then tells the guy its def. in the rear so now he looks kinda stupid arguing something that isnt true. So he gets out and almost grudingly says "fine, yea, ill order the parts."

almost as if he wanted to see if id buy the lie but with the tsb he saw that i wasnt a complete idiot about what was going on.

Lesson learned: Nissan service blows