Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

My AAM Experience. Its a long one. MUST READ

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007 | 08:03 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired
Premier Member

I'm not going to get caught up in any debates about this.

The "censorship" in this thread was merely removing posts that are tantamount to saying "AAM are poopy heads and I don't like them"

if you have a post that contains some REAL CONTENT then go ahead and post it.

I am not here to censor the truth. But we can do without the dog-piling.

If you have a problem with this that's really too bad... the rules have been made clear now all that's left is for you guys to post in a civilized manner, and leave out the comments that are meant to take cheap shots without qualification or justification, and to stir the pot.

I'm a moderator and I'm moderating. Don't mind me. I'm not pro/anti-AAM and I'm not friends/enemies with any of you. I am just doing my job, and this is what it's like to be in the middle. If you can't see that, you're nothing more than a conspiracy theorist, and your opinions are simply unfounded.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 11-29-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:13 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Gooey
I had personal experience with AAM and I can voice my opinion. Im sorry if my opinion may have sounded too strong or childish but thats just how I feel about Mike.
When I came over to AAM few months ago I was treated like Im a dumbass who couldnt afford their work and was put off with ridiculous work estimates. Who the hell charges $300 for an exhaust install (including test pipes)?? Not only that the customer service just plain out stank from Mike.
OK then why didn't you just post the part in bold, and leave out the sophomoric comments in your previous post?
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:21 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I just have a questions and statements. It seems that there are a few folks (more than a few, but for the sake of arguement) who don’t have good things to say about a few shops. I understand sponsorship, representation, and money, but when does the community out rank the mighty dollar? [snip]
Every time this kind of thread comes up, somebody brings up the slippery slope analogy. You are not the first person to think that "oh snap, now NOBODY will be able to post ANYTHING negative about ANY shop without getting BANNED" but this is simply not true.

First of all, I have no interest in the mighty dollar and I'm not paid from the site.

Please try to understand the content of my posts in this thread.

If you read everything in this thread linked here:
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/309144-fi-forum-conduct-it-s-best-that-you-all-read-this-updated.html

then you should understand why this thread is being moderated the way it is.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 11-29-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:23 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

Guys, if we really wanted to censor stuff we'd just delete and move the whole thread.
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:28 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I just have a questions and statements. It seems that there are a few folks (more than a few, but for the sake of arguement) who don’t have good things to say about a few shops. I understand sponsorship, representation, and money, but when does the community out rank the mighty dollar? If I particular shop does not appear to be fair (in more than a few occasions), when/where does this forum express such ideas? I do realize that there is a lot of people, who feel that a few shops are not benefiting the Z community and is not helping us at all.
Ask VRT, they were refunded their sponsorship fees.
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:39 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Since we have so many mods in here-I have a legit question.

Why is it over the past year just from what I remember 4 AAM threads have dissapeared that started like this one? That being somebody posting negative experience's, and as to be expected we have some negative comments then GONE.

Like Corey said-at what point does a forum become useless to its client base/paying customers (US!) when people voice their experiences and threads get deleted? Not everybody that has had a negative experience at AAM or any shop that has "wasted" thousands or even hundreds of dollars can post with tact-put yourself in people's shoes just a little more before censoring posts or deleting threads all together. Sometimes I wish I was part owner of this site, Id clean some things up for sure...
Old 11-29-2007 | 08:52 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Please try to understand the content of my posts in this thread.

If you read everything in this thread linked here:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309144

then you should understand why this thread is being moderated the way it is.
This moderating procedure apply just to FI threads in regional sections or to other aspects of the build process?

Say if someone has a bad exhaust install experience somewhere....do the "FI rules" apply in that situation...??? Or not since it's not FI.......
Old 11-29-2007 | 09:34 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

This applies everyhere. Especially when the OP starts a thread out of FI thinking the rules don't apply. That is not what happened here but has happened before. I understand why this was created where it was. I have now moved it so there is no confusion.
Old 11-29-2007 | 09:45 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

Berto, I found 3 threads deleted. 2 were deleted due to the OP's request and the other one someone started post a bunch of pics
Old 11-29-2007 | 09:50 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

I dont think this thread should have been moved from the Mid-A. Reason it was posted there was because we have had tons of "AAM did a great exhaust install" threads lately that were suspect. OP-wanted to provide the local community his insight. Also, another member already linked the FI section to that thread. Not telling you what to do, just voicing my opinion Funny how somebody contacts OP's and they decide they want threads closed, but that isnt our call. BTW-there have been more than 3 not counting the stupid thread with the pics.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/317917-hot-water-over-fi-install.html
Old 11-29-2007 | 10:11 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired
Premier Member

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
This moderating procedure apply just to FI threads in regional sections or to other aspects of the build process?

Say if someone has a bad exhaust install experience somewhere....do the "FI rules" apply in that situation...??? Or not since it's not FI.......
It applies when it's deemed necessary for it to be applied regardless of where it is posted... because it is merely an extension and an interpretation of the TOU. If there were any REAL new rules then they would be added to the TOU.

Edit: I actually hate pulling rank, but

Originally Posted by TOU
MY350Z.COM reserves the right to change these rules at any time and the staff's word is final.
the ideal case would be for everyone to use common sense so no staff members are forced to pull rank and interpret the rules under this "absolute power" clause to punish any individuals. Even if there is no explicit rule breaking going on, believe me--people who push the limits of the rules and cause constant grief to the admins/moderators will be subject to this clause.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 11-29-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-29-2007 | 10:13 AM
mdracer76
Banned

This thread should have stayed in the MID-A... IMHO.. I'd run it by the OG poster to be sure.
Old 11-29-2007 | 10:15 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Alberto
I dont think this thread should have been moved from the Mid-A. Reason it was posted there was because we have had tons of "AAM did a great exhaust install" threads lately that were suspect. OP-wanted to provide the local community his insight. Also, another member already linked the FI section to that thread. Not telling you what to do, just voicing my opinion Funny how somebody contacts OP's and they decide they want threads closed, but that isnt our call. BTW-there have been more than 3 not counting the stupid thread with the pics.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317917
Didn't know about the link. I'll move it back. I went into the QP (our deleted section) and searched "aam" and only found three. There might have been more prior to that. I'm not sure what happend to Brent's thread. It it's either older or still in the FI section, just waaaay back.
Old 11-29-2007 | 10:22 AM
BamBam

Brent has been sitting on the sideline and keeping himself to just reading the threads these days.
Everybody knows what happened and where I stand on on my expereinces there.
--B

Last edited by BamBam; 11-29-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-29-2007 | 01:04 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=317917
Exhaust installs are wayyyyy diffrent from FI installs even the newbs should be able to decipher this. It is a quick simple bolt on and alot of people are happy with them, just a few minor issues that I fully agree shouldn't still be happening (rattling, clearances, etc.) And anyone that posted positively about thier exhaust & experience should be treated the same as someone who was discouraged with thier service. It is a PERSONAL OPINION and everyone is entitled to thier own. Bringing up the past at this point is %100 unecessary. My personal exhaust install was great and I had no problems at all, I wasn't asked to post about it. I did it on my own because I was impressed.

Everyone should be weighing the +/- to these threads for themselves, there is info. galore like "frank is an excellent mechanic" or that the guy who screwed up the JWT was terminated!! He isn't still there doing installs it was adressed promptly from what I'm reading. They are offering to work with and fix all of the problems it seems to me as well. I understand going back and forth back and forth really really sucks but at least they are doing something (they could be doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING if they didn't care)

let's say that for instance; you want a nice exhaust and you want it quick AAM may be the best choice being local (no mail order/shipping/hassle). If you are "affraid" to use them for FI or tuning, don't use them it's very simple.
Old 11-29-2007 | 01:37 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
Exhaust installs are wayyyyy diffrent from FI installs even the newbs should be able to decipher this. It is a quick simple bolt on and alot of people are happy with them, just a few minor issues that I fully agree shouldn't still be happening (rattling, clearances, etc.) And anyone that posted positively about thier exhaust & experience should be treated the same as someone who was discouraged with thier service. It is a PERSONAL OPINION and everyone is entitled to thier own. Bringing up the past at this point is %100 unecessary. My personal exhaust install was great and I had no problems at all, I wasn't asked to post about it. I did it on my own because I was impressed.
I agree exhasut install is waay different that an FI setup. So let me ask you this. How does one impress someone by installing an exhaust? The fact that it doesn't leak? Most people here install them in their driveways w/o issues.
Old 11-29-2007 | 01:58 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

droppedit-lets agree to disagree, having a newb watch somebody do something as simple as an exhaust holds no merit IMO compared to the bigger issues older members have faced. You are right people can post about experiences both good and bad, you cant get mad at old members who still post their negative experiences in hopes of "saving" somebody else, that isnt living in the past thats relevant info.
Old 11-29-2007 | 02:06 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Bert, you notice how much AAM is marketed throughout this website. Think how much $ they're paying to the website for the exposure. That is why they make the threads disappear. my 2 cents.
Old 11-29-2007 | 02:23 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Lancers7705
Bert, you notice how much AAM is marketed throughout this website. Think how much $ they're paying to the website for the exposure. That is why they make the threads disappear. my 2 cents.
Then why is this still here?
Old 11-29-2007 | 03:24 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by Lancers7705
Bryce i have to disagree with your statement.They(aam)produce great products as i have just bought some with will.......today.Will was very good on the phone as a good sales person is supposed to be.Now as to the service mike gives that is completely different,i can post here from a pm sent to mike last year on how can i get more power out of my stillen stage4.Well i had allready checked with everybody i could.
I was told by mike if i spendt about $4000 bucks i could get quite abit more power out of the maxed out little m62 blower.Well i allready checked with everybody that i respected first and was told..........there is no more power to get out of the stillen.
Well take it for what it is worth.

Quick Reply: My AAM Experience. Its a long one. MUST READ