Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

350z vs. 6spd Maxima and GTP video

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 08:32 PM
6m-max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys all talk about the GTP not downshifting into first in that race. First of all if I was doing a rolling start race I would have it in D1 to hold first gear to start. Also in the video race it sounds like a first to second shift in the max doesn't it? Sounds like the race started about 20mph with all in 1st gear.

And for what its worth I know my stock 6 speed can take a stock GTP in the 1/4, maybe not in the 60 ft but I will pass him shortly. I would fully expect the Z to walk me the whole way through. But anything can happen on the street, if a Z blew the launch He could need a good distance to pass me, eventually he would....If the race was to 70 he may lose.

Modded GTP's are fast. Period. I love the new Z's and yes I think we will see some good times from them. The Maxima is a blast of a 4 door, give it credit for just being able to keep GTP's and Z's on their toes.

Can't we all just get along.
Old 01-25-2003, 08:53 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the Z driver who ran the 96 (4th gen) Maxima from a roll and destroyed it. My Z is fully broken in and I actually know how to drive unlike the Z driver in this video. The max in question runs right with any new 6-speed max. His recent best at the strip was 13.9@98 all motor, so he would be a really good match for the 6-speed in the vid. That being said, a GOOD DRIVER with a fully broken in Z should have beat both of those cars. Anything can happen in a street race though...
Old 01-25-2003, 04:39 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by killaGTP
thats my gtp. really cold weather really helps. my car will downshift to first at 40 if i do it right. doesn't always do it. its great seeing this crap across all the boards tho.
Old 01-25-2003, 06:50 PM
99Prelude_LC

Originally posted by 6m-max
You guys all talk about the GTP not downshifting into first in that race. First of all if I was doing a rolling start race I would have it in D1 to hold first gear to start. Also in the video race it sounds like a first to second shift in the max doesn't it? Sounds like the race started about 20mph with all in 1st gear.

And for what its worth I know my stock 6 speed can take a stock GTP in the 1/4, maybe not in the 60 ft but I will pass him shortly. I would fully expect the Z to walk me the whole way through. But anything can happen on the street, if a Z blew the launch He could need a good distance to pass me, eventually he would....If the race was to 70 he may lose.

Modded GTP's are fast. Period. I love the new Z's and yes I think we will see some good times from them. The Maxima is a blast of a 4 door, give it credit for just being able to keep GTP's and Z's on their toes.

Can't we all just get along.
what the hell are you talking about, a gtp w/ a pcm will downshift to 1st at 40, it just didn't happen to on that race, no biggy. also you are even more of a moron to think that race from a stop was a 20mph roll, omg how dumb can you be, the cars weren't moving and they took off then the max shifted to 2nd, it was frop a stop. i can't believe some of the idiots i came across, and even a perfectly driven broken in 350z would have a hard time beating those cars in the video. it wouldn't fly by at 70. they run too close of times to make it that easy of a victory.
Old 01-25-2003, 07:38 PM
6m-max

I thought the 1-2 shift was the race from the roll, it wasn't. I was going from memory of watching it once. Sorry. You sure are quick to call people morons and idiots when you don't even know them. Its easy to say things over the internet...care to say that to my face?? You don't even know me.
I try not to judge people as quick as you and surely wouldn't lower myself to name calling over a simple post. Sorry to upset you so much.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:55 AM
99Prelude_LC

Originally posted by 6m-max
[B Sorry. You sure are quick to call people morons and idiots when you don't even know them. [/B]
this thread was dying, just trying to keep it alive
Old 01-26-2003, 08:00 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC
this thread was dying, just trying to keep it alive
i agree.. time to take off the subscription
Old 01-26-2003, 09:20 AM
6m-max

Well it was fun and somewhat informative. There are certain topics that never go away, just temporarily. Race safe.