Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Had a run with a Cadillac STS that didn't end well....lol

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 09:08 AM
jester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a run with a Cadillac STS that didn't end well....lol

Well...I was on my way to the gym this morning at 5:30, and was running my normal pace (60-65 mph)...

I get stopped at a light, and waiting for it to change....I'm still kind of grogy since I've only been up for about 15 min....
Well, the light turns green and I start to accelerate as normal (which is probably a little faster then most...but nothing crazy...
Next thing I see is this guy in a Cadillac STS at my door and accelerating fast....So, I've got a little Metallica going and figured this would be a good way to wake myself up....so I nail it....
Get a little sideways, and just leave this guy like he's standing still...no biggie...so I let out. I look back, and here comes knuckle head for round too trying to pull a fly by....So, I let him get about 1 car length behind me and I dump it in third gear and walk him again....

Well, at this point, I'm watching a few cars going by in the other direction and thinking to myself....Ya know, I really need to quit doing this case I'm going to get a ticket one day.....

And....about this time....you guessed it...I see these nice blue flashing lights way back in the distance...

So, I'm just costing to a normal speed, and the cop comes up to the Caddy....paces him along side....and I just go ahead and pull over....

He gets out, gets the other guys info, then comes up to me...

Cop: How are you this morning...
Me: Well, not to good right now...

Cop: Yep, I imagine so....

I give him my license and insurance, he goes back to the Caddy....talks for a min, and the Caddy, pulls of and leaves...I was like, YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!

So I sit there, really anticipating the worst...."I am so going to jail"

After 10 min, he comes back....little clip board in hand....and I'm dreading this ticket and already thinking I'm going to have to sell my freaken car...

Cop: Sir, I'm issuing you a ticket for no proof of insurance, If you'll sign here. This is not an admission of guilt...blah, blah, blah
Me: No proof of insurances? Thats it?
Cop: (looking at me and smiling) Yes, what did you think it was for?
Me: Not a clue, no proof of insurance is fine....Juuuuust fine.
Cop: You know, I could have given you a several other tickets since I was right behind you guys at that light....
Me: (DOH!) Yes sir....thank you.
Cop: Slow it down...
Me: Oh, you bet....

Lesson learned....slow down...and if I'm going to act like an idiot early in the morning...be conscious enough to think about looking behind you before you take off....ugh....
Now, let me go call and find out how much this freaken ticket is gonna be....
Old 04-14-2003, 09:51 AM
m'sZ

lol...not at you per se, just your luck. It is a good story though. Very, very cool cop. Could've had your @ss in a sling for racing, since he was behind you.
BTW - nice kills!
Old 04-14-2003, 10:03 AM
jester

Originally posted by msZ
lol...not at you per se, just your luck. It is a good story though. Very, very cool cop. Could've had your @ss in a sling for racing, since he was behind you.
BTW - nice kills!
Oh, yeah...That was the second time I was honestly worried about taking a trip in the back of a car....

Could have been real ugly....
wish I would have been paying more attention to him behind me....lol. I'm pretty much brain dead in the morning.....in to late evening....

the Caddy was fun...I used to have one, and know they are faily fast once you get them off the line...but really didn't expect much of a fight out of him.....I was mainly being more of a pain....and you see what I get...lol.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:18 AM
m'sZ

Originally posted by jester
I'm pretty much brain dead in the morning.....in to late evening....
I am the exact same way. Being a night person sucks working in the business world. Nothing like a little Zpeed to get you up in the morning, lol.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:27 AM
typeR

wish they were all that cool
Old 04-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Maximam

Show the court proof of insurance it should be dropped!
Old 04-14-2003, 11:58 AM
jester

Originally posted by typeR
wish they were all that cool
Yeah, the last time I thought I was going to jail (10 years ago) it only turned in to a $290 speeding ticket....

Luckly I only got clocked doint 74 in a 45....I had 4th gear strung out at about 120...so that could have been real nasty too....
Old 04-14-2003, 12:07 PM
CrazyBosnian

Man, same thing happened to me few months ago, i played with a GT, and down the road 2 cops were waiting for us, pulled us both over, yeled at us and stuff, and than just let us go, i thought for sure i lost my licence, thank god...
Old 04-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Caswell

Bottom line - cops in GA are cool. When I was at Tech I got pulled over a few times and never got a single ticket. I guess they saw a college kid in an '88 Blazer and figured I'd have to starve for a week to pay for any ticket they gave me.

Now, don't get me started about cops in TN
Old 04-15-2003, 09:23 AM
jester

Originally posted by Caswell
Bottom line - cops in GA are cool. When I was at Tech I got pulled over a few times and never got a single ticket. I guess they saw a college kid in an '88 Blazer and figured I'd have to starve for a week to pay for any ticket they gave me.

Now, don't get me started about cops in TN
Unless your in Peachtree City....or get pulled by a GHP...either way you WILL get a ticket then...trust me on this one