Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

New dyno numbers: 294 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
DanielW
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rednezz
Here is a dyno graph of one of the first dyno pulls after correcting the A/F ratio and timing but with stock VTC angles versus my latest dyno with the same timing table but corrected A/F and additional cam advance 2800 rpm to 6600 rpm.
why is there that dip in the tq curve at like 1500 rpm?
Old 12-07-2007, 03:50 PM
DanielW
Banned

and why did you lose hp between 2k and 2800?
Old 12-07-2007, 04:17 PM
baby_ruiner

cool i am putting down 270/265 with bolt ons so hopefully cams will put me in the 290s

thanks for the heads up rednezz

Last edited by baby_ruiner; 03-04-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:38 PM
rednezz

Originally Posted by DanielW
why is there that dip in the tq curve at like 1500 rpm?

and why did you lose hp between 2k and 2800?
Not 100% sure but I think it has to do with the 3" MAF housing. The power came on smooth with the stock MAF tube and after switching it out it started to have dips. It was alot worse but after we tuned for the bigger MAF it smoothed out alot. We can probably smooth it out more but I just ran out of dyno time.

We change the VTC angles down low but I think they are not correct. I think they advance too quickly. I need to find a good ball park for how fast the cam advance angle increases. That may also get rid of the dip at 1500 rpm but I won't no till I get another tuning session.

Last edited by rednezz; 12-07-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:39 PM
rednezz

Originally Posted by baby_ruiner
cool i am putting down 280/265 with bolt ons so hopefully cams will put me in the 290s
What kinda of dyno did you use? I only put down 264 with boltons on a local dynojet which wasn't the same dyno I dyno'ed the 294.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:42 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Rednezz

I know how you can make the larger MAF housing work better with the stock sensor.

I have been running a larger housing for over a year.

Shoot me a pm

Later
Todd
Old 12-08-2007, 04:51 AM
baby_ruiner

What kinda of dyno did you use? I only put down 264 with boltons on a local dynojet which wasn't the same dyno I dyno'ed the 294.
dj, i can email you my charts, im in atl if that is any difference....ive dyno tuned twice on the dj....its shown to be accurate since my buddy's stock 03 track put down 228/223 on the same day
Old 12-08-2007, 05:47 AM
webcarconnection

Great topic, this thing of breaking 300 rwhp on N/A have been in discution for long time now... my brother "Javi" was one of the first back in 2005;

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=Javi
Old 12-08-2007, 09:33 AM
TheJerk
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
You really do live up to your screen name...congrats on being the king of taking things out of context

I said that about MY car with my setup, not about anyone else's. My engine mgmt choice doesn't afford me the ability to adjust VTC angles, nor would my cams even derive a substantial benefit by being able to reprogram them in the first place, as they are far milder than the cams being used on rednezz's car. If I ditched the UTEC and went with a standalone, then yes, I could adjust VTC as well, but at this time, I don't think it's worth the investment for me to do so. I am more than happy with my torque curve and horsepower curve, so I see no reason to change my engine mgmt at this time.

Withy rednezz's setup, obviously vtc mapping is critical - with mine, it's not
Don't worry, I don't like you ether. You were trying to be a condescending jerk, and I called you out on it. How is it that people with less work than you, can make as much power, using things I pointed out a while ago. Cam timing, intake manifold choice, tuning, etc

You are one of the reasons I hate tuner shops. Complete talk out of your ***.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Im not being condescending at all - a little projecting going on? I could care less if you like me, or don't - I don't have an inferiority complex.

I've been in this (350Z) community a long time now, and to my knowledge, no one else's car is putting down what mine is, to date, in terms of a street driven daily driven car. I know of several VQ's out there putting down great numbers, but they are more radical builds, for race cars. If someone else's car is making more power than mine - good for them! That's what I want to see - it's what makes the community thrive. As I've said many times, my car, while it has alot of work done, is not a crazy engine build, because that is not what I wanted. There is alot of time and alot of man hours, but not the craziest of parts. I could have gone much wilder, and chose not to, or couldn't, based on parts available at the time. I didn't build my car to win any sort of mythical hp war - I could care less about it in fact, and I have nothing to prove to anyone. I built it for my enjoyment, and to learn about the car, and that's exactly what I've done. You on the other hand seem to relish in turning every post you make into into a battle - not something I care to partake in.

Way to muck up the OPs thread btw - kudo's. Perhaps look up "couth" in the dictionary one of these days, you could use a boatload of it.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-08-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:48 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool i am putting down 280/265 with bolt ons so hopefully cams will put me in the 290s
You're gonna need head work + cams to get there... Then higher compression + higher rpms to break 300.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Wholey Smokes

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Im not being condescending at all - a little projecting going on? I could care less if you like me, or don't - I don't have an inferiority complex.

I've been in this (350Z) community a long time now, and to my knowledge, no one else's car is putting down what mine is, to date, in terms of a street driven daily driven car. I know of several VQ's out there putting down great numbers, but they are more radical builds, for race cars. If someone else's car is making more power than mine - good for them! That's what I want to see - it's what makes the community thrive. As I've said many times, my car, while it has alot of work done, is not a crazy engine build, because that is not what I wanted. There is alot of time and alot of man hours, but not the craziest of parts. I could have gone much wilder, and chose not to, or couldn't, based on parts available at the time. I didn't build my car to win any sort of mythical hp war - I could care less about it in fact, and I have nothing to prove to anyone. I built it for my enjoyment, and to learn about the car, and that's exactly what I've done. You on the other hand seem to relish in turning every post you make into into a battle - not something I care to partake in.

Way to muck up the OPs thread btw - kudo's. Perhaps look up "couth" in the dictionary one of these days, you could use a boatload of it.

HAHAHA. Good post.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:57 AM
rednezz

dj, i can email you my charts, im in atl if that is any difference....ive dyno tuned twice on the dj....its shown to be accurate since my buddy's stock 03 track put down 228/223 on the same day
Thats very good...if you did do cams and a tune you should be able to hit 290+ depending on your cam choice.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:03 AM
rednezz

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Great topic, this thing of breaking 300 rwhp on N/A have been in discution for long time now... my brother "Javi" was one of the first back in 2005;

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=Javi
webcarconnection...good to see you posting here again. I also remember you being one of the few stock 350's running 13.6's and didn't you hit over 280+ rwhp NA?
Old 12-09-2007, 07:25 AM
baby_ruiner

Originally Posted by gothchick
You're gonna need head work + cams to get there... Then higher compression + higher rpms to break 300.
this i know, i dont really care, should give my something to do when i am bored in bumble PA for grad school. the LS2 is more fun to build then the z. we are doing head work on it right now...i/h/e/cam/heads/tune = 475whp or more...freaking chevy!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Martin XAT

Would you happen to have a SAE or Uncorrected Graph of the dyno run ? STD correction skewes things on the plus side unfortunately.

Martin
Old 12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
webcarconnection

webcarconnection...good to see you posting here again. I also remember you being one of the few stock 350's running 13.6's and didn't you hit over 280+ rwhp NA?

Hey long time no see, good to know that your been keeping up the good work on your Z...

Yes back in the days I was lucky enough to do 13.6 all stock, and also put around 285 with some bolt-ons... that was the good old days
Old 12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
rednezz

Originally Posted by Martin XAT
Would you happen to have a SAE or Uncorrected Graph of the dyno run ? STD correction skewes things on the plus side unfortunately.

Martin

This is uncorrected.
Attached Thumbnails New dyno numbers: 294 rwhp-dyno.jpg  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:34 AM
WalkerT
Professional

Just to put my .2 in here. After I got done porting and polishing my 05's engine it was not until I swapped out the factory headers that I saw the largest gains. I would realy look into Long tube or like headers. Here was my graph before and after headers on my 05. I can only belive that you should see better gains with your set up.

intake
5/16
port and polish intake/heads/tb
nismo exh.

intake
5/16
port and polish intake/heads/tb
topspeed headers
nismo exh.
Attached Thumbnails New dyno numbers: 294 rwhp-dynoheaders.jpg  
Old 12-10-2007, 04:09 PM
TheJerk
Banned

Motordyne's 1/2 inch spacer, or Crawfords manifold would both net you more power in the higher rpm ranges.

As for the cam timing changes, was that only limited to 6600rpm on the mrev motor, compared to the Rev-up with VVT on intake and Exhaust sides, and a higher redline?

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers: 294 rwhp