Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

375 whp NA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:14 PM
MyClassyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just me but I haven't seen the original poster chime in since the first few pages!? I wanna hear what this guy has to say!

And who is this little kid throwing tantrums in a Z forum? lol... little boys shouldn't be aloud in here, haa.. people who dislike themselves the most have the most mean things to say, I feel bad for kids like robbinsj
Old 11-24-2008, 07:55 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

stupid, impossible
Old 11-24-2008, 07:59 PM
kelsey_kaye

maybe he accidently pressed a wrong button................... 3 times.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:16 AM
Ivory

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SirSpeedyZ
stupid, impossible
Impossible for 375whp? ..... really?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I don't think so... COSWORTH (3.8L castrol build) pulled 363whp if you figure in 17% drivetrain loss. Imagine them pushing the redline another 500 or 1000, I think it would hit 375 at the top.

Zquicksilver
Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 AM
sleak

My guess is he dyno'ed it in the wrong gear... maybe? I was reading a thread on another site where someone dynoed their car and got ~310 whp in the right gear, but then he did two runs in 1st gear and ended up with 410 - 420whp.

:P
Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sleak
My guess is he dyno'ed it in the wrong gear... maybe? I was reading a thread on another site where someone dynoed their car and got ~310 whp in the right gear, but then he did two runs in 1st gear and ended up with 410 - 420whp.

:P
what car and what dyno are you referencing to that was "in the wrong gear?" I have no idea why anyone would dyno in 1st gear but, from my understanding and from what i've seen, dyno graphs of the same car comparing lets say 4th-5th-6th gear there is little difference in peak hp. For your example of nearly 100whp, the only thing that comes to mind is VRT's special HP mystery hump dyno graph.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Lookthatsme

or what he really mean is maybe 275 with intake exhaust and cams
Old 01-04-2009, 03:16 AM
jimnolimit

Hi everyone , this is my first post here , but this is not my first forum post , i have been reading up on all the good info on this site and i am contemplating a full N/A 03-04 G35 sedan build (i need/like 4 door's + it's a sleeper !) . i mostly write on nissanclub.com and several other forums ( jimnolimit ) . i like Nissan's and i'm very familiar with the VQ motor , I feel comfortable/like working with it . ending on that , reading below

the OP is a focking idiot and the "person" or "friend" thats "selling" him the car is a focking idiot !!! if someone built a race motor and it would be a full race motor to achieve 375 WHP N/A , the OP would have been told of all mods done , not just a brief "yeah, it has an intake and exhaust" story . he's a trolling idiot , just an idiot , both !!!

P.S. a person that spent $10-$20K on a race motor , not counting every other mod that was done to handle/work with that power (tranny , rear , etc) would sure as hell brag about it !!! also , people that build these extreme cars are part of specific communities and they share/brag about there builds . the OP is useless and knows nothing about the building of engines/cars !!!

P.S.#2 so far i drank several strong beer's and a bottle of Moet ( it was a gift , i prefer Veuve Clicquot ) , but i'm feeling great !!!

Last edited by jimnolimit; 01-04-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Captain America

havent read anyone else post this but: i think the OP in all likelyhood could have been slipped a phony dyno graph....from another car....

however, with simple things like the tuned headers from SG, teh 375 HP number doesn't seem too far fetched as the days go on....

i am loving my Z, loving that i found this BB, and can't wait to see more NA stuff come out...it may very well keep me from putting a turbo on a built motor now....
Old 01-12-2009, 10:44 AM
JE_JOE

JE has a 376whp G35 BC stroker motor... youtube it...
Old 03-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Tarmac Attack

Hey guys,
Sorry for bringing up an old thread but it caught my attention and I had a quick question.
Is anyone familiar with the MINE's Fairlady Z33?
I believe the car is making around 345 WHP Naturally Aspirated and was curious if anyone knew specifics on what had been done with the motor.
Thanks.

-Justin
Old 03-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Ivory

Mines has several cars or Had. One of which has the experimental ITBs on it. That one might be the one you were referring to. Though I remember the specs of these 300+ hp cars were not rated the same way it is here, it's hard to draw real reference.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Ivory

Originally Posted by Zquicksilver
^ I don't think so... COSWORTH (3.8L castrol build) pulled 363whp if you figure in 17% drivetrain loss. Imagine them pushing the redline another 500 or 1000, I think it would hit 375 at the top.

Zquicksilver
All the engines in the topshop challenge were Engine Dynoed.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Tarmac Attack

Originally Posted by Ivory
Mines has several cars or Had. One of which has the experimental ITBs on it. That one might be the one you were referring to. Though I remember the specs of these 300+ hp cars were not rated the same way it is here, it's hard to draw real reference.
Oh ok. Last time I heard anything about it the car was making 350PS, which in HP is about 345. Although I'm not 100% sure and it more than likely was rated at the flywheel.
The only reason this thread caught my attention was because I have someone about to go through a VQ35DE rebuild and was keen on keeping it naturally aspirated, but mentioned wanting to make about 350 whp. I have never had a chance to get my hands dirty on a VQ35 yet, and at first I had thought it wouldn't be impossible.
I understand that naturally aspirated tuning doesn't yield as much power as forced induction, but with a large displacement V6 why is it so difficult to break 300?
For reference I have the main components of the build planned out as follows:
Wiseco 11:1 Pistons
CP Rings
ACL Bearings
Eagle H-Beam Rods
BC 272s IN/EX
BC +1 Valves
BC Springs and Titanium Retainers
Heads are being ported and polished, valves angled
I also thought of using Cosworth MHGs

I don't know what's going to be used as far as intake manifold, exhaust system, exhaust manifold, fuel system, etc.
What's the weak link that keeps this motor from making N/A power?

-Justin
Old 03-27-2009, 05:28 AM
GT-2 350Z

I believe that you really need to get a standalone ECU to get the most hosepower out of the VQ. The first motor I put in my car was a wrecking yard VQ30 with just headers and Motec and it put out 220 RWHP from a 190 hp motor. Then I added Nismo heads and cams and it would make over 260 rwhp.
This was with a stock bottom end. Most of the time you are limited by emissions so a Motec etc. can not be run, but I know a Motec really wakes up the VQ.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't recall any Mines car ever using ITB's. The White Mines demo Z that they have had for years and have constantly done some work is estimated at 345 at the crank. Uses a stock intake manifold last I saw it

CP rings with Wiseco pistons? Can you mix and match? Any reason you would want to? Oversized valves? You don't have anywhere near the cam to warrant them, at least not NA (even if you were to do ITB's) ...but, some people just want 'em anyway, which is fine

350whp is not going to happen on pump gas without either the combo of very high rpm's, a very slick intake manifold, very good heads, and a very good header, or, a stroker, and all that goes into that type of setup. We've yet to see an NA 350whp (or anywhere close) pump gas (or race gas for that matter) 3.5 liter VQ, at least on the public forums. The only 3.5 cars I am aware of at or eclipsing that power level are full out race motors from Dakar, or FIA GT class.

The biggest bottleneck to power on this car, like most every other car out there is time and $
Old 03-27-2009, 05:44 AM
Ivory

It was tommy kaira...my bad...it was early in the morning..shouldn't even be up...lol
Old 03-27-2009, 06:02 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lolol - yep, I'm familiar with their setup. A very very mild setup, geared towards being unique vs something for all out performance
Old 03-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

According to the author from the Turbo article, he ran it on his butt dyno...

The beauty of the Mine's demo car is that the engine looks completely stock, but in reality it's far from stock. The 350Z engine has been completely reworked with higher compression 11.5:1 forged pistons, reworked cylinder heads, upgraded camshafts and retuned ECU. Our butt dyno tell us the powerplant happily belts out roughly 350 hp.
http://www.turbomagazine.com/feature...50z/index.html

Quick Reply: 375 whp NA?