Notices
NA Builds Specifically for naturally aspirated builds & projects with Cams, Pistons Rods, Heads, Valves, etc

375 whp NA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Hoooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

info on the vq35de is useful. i belong to several forums that i dont have that car. basically, the more info i can get on the engine i run, the better. also a good reason is to meet other enthusiasts. unfortunately, the opposite seems to happen when gothchick is aound. however, for the most part everyone here is actually pretty relaxed. ive met several people on here, and nobody ive met in person has ever crapped their pants about me not actually having a z/g. for the most part, people that enjoy cars/racing enjoy any car thats mostly just "go". i enjoy seeing (not hearing) turbo honda's go 11s and i also enjoy seeing big f'ing diesel trucks run 11's. in the end, its the amount of money that gets thrown at the vq from this site that has me reading here
Old 07-17-2008, 04:18 AM
Ivory

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OT alert?

375 at the crank is close to the limit for non-stroker and with stroker, the limit is yet to be seen in NA, so why dont you both slow your roll and discuss something more substantial
Old 08-01-2008, 10:28 PM
tylerxfire

maybe to the crank but def. not to the wheels
Old 08-01-2008, 10:41 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^No ****...

I can't believe this thread is still alive.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Hoooper

it wasnt until tyler posted in it
Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 AM
seekndestroy19

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 AM
zxman69

I'm thinking Ivory will come close to the stated 375whp once he has got a full tune on his car.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:35 PM
gabo

what you guys dont understand is that this car is able to make that amount of power n/a bcuz the original owner got a vtec installed on the vq.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Ivory

Originally Posted by zxman69
I'm thinking Ivory will come close to the stated 375whp once he has got a full tune on his car.
Maybe a good E85 tune will net me closer..but 375 is still a whole lot..especially on DD
Old 10-30-2008, 11:17 AM
kramykram

milk,milk, lemonade
Old 10-30-2008, 12:11 PM
robbinsj

N/A is for people to scared to go F/I and thus they are punished with low power. I hit 372 - 386 whp with just a turbonetics kit. You would have to sink double the cash for less power when you go NA. Yea your N/A build is more stable and boost can kill a motor but the stock flash is very safe. Not to mention a NA build with 375 whp would have a crazy high compression that would require some solid Mobil 1 race fuel. Go turbo or go home.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:14 PM
OCG35
Banned

^^^ Asinine post
Old 10-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robbinsj
N/A is for people to scared to go F/I and thus they are punished with low power. I hit 372 - 386 whp with just a turbonetics kit. You would have to sink double the cash for less power when you go NA. Yea your N/A build is more stable and boost can kill a motor but the stock flash is very safe. Not to mention a NA build with 375 whp would have a crazy high compression that would require some solid Mobil 1 race fuel. Go turbo or go home.

Please don't post about things you pretend to know - it's lame. Some of us that have gone NA did so for very specific reasons. In my case, I already own a very fast, fairly powerful turbo car, and simply didn't want another one. I wanted something different, and I chose to take a route I had never taken before with my previous cars. No one asked you to pay the bill, and no one asked for your permission on what they should and shouldn't do. Just like you didn't ask anyone's permission when you bought your used car. 12k posts doesn't make me an expert, and 216 posts sure as hell doesn't make you one. Stick to learning about your own setup and don't worry about why others are doing what they are doing.

An NA build with 375 whp does not need to have "crazy compression" - again, stick to posting about things you know

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 10-30-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

N/A is for people to scared to go F/I? ha.
You must got a turbo because one of your friend have a turbo.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:45 PM
nismology1

Worst. Post. Ever.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:51 PM
tylerxfire

ive built race cars sort of speak and i need something decently fast and reliable and don't wanna turbo it or charge it for numerous reasons right now. . and if you took a 375whp n/a z and a 375whp FI z the na would murder!!. . and this coming from a turbo guy. .
Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 PM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
Please don't post about things you pretend to know - it's lame. Some of us that have gone NA did so for very specific reasons. In my case, I already own a very fast, fairly powerful turbo car, and simply didn't want another one. I wanted something different, and I chose to take a route I had never taken before with my previous cars. No one asked you to pay the bill, and no one asked for your permission on what they should and shouldn't do. Just like you didn't ask anyone's permission when you bought your used car. 12k posts doesn't make me an expert, and 216 posts sure as hell doesn't make you one. Stick to learning about your own setup and don't worry about why others are doing what they are doing.

An NA build with 375 whp does not need to have "crazy compression" - again, stick to posting about things you know

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
ive built race cars sort of speak and i need something decently fast and reliable and don't wanna turbo it or charge it for numerous reasons right now. . and if you took a 375whp n/a z and a 375whp FI z the na would murder!!. . and this coming from a turbo guy. .
Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 AM
gothchick

Posier. GTFO.
Attached Thumbnails 375 whp NA?-gtfo12zb1-1-.jpg  
Old 10-31-2008, 08:41 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance

What is lame is your inability to read what I am saying. I never tried to act like I know anything about N/A build and I was promoting a turbo setup. If you built a turbo and now want N/A than what I stated does not apply to you as your on both sides of the field. Nor was I trying to say anthign bad about N/A. I simply stated that the numbers claimed are high for a N/A build "as everyone posted prior" and I compared to a turbo. Maybe the only reason your B itchin is cuss I said "Go turbo or go home". Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:42 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
That is true the N/A power band is more consistant than a turbo.

Quick Reply: 375 whp NA?