Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

NISMO Z vs. standard Z debate

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Demonbfg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kushtech

and plus its not like nismo's are any faster, look at our 1/4 times on here , have yet to see one even trap 100 mph on this forum.

edit* look at my pictures if you want but it will just make you drool but the nismo is still ugly
Fail,You miss the whole point of the car.The car doesn't give two S**** about quarter mile.Reduceing it to a premature ejaculation race is an insult.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Demonbfg
Fail,You miss the whole point of the car.The car doesn't give two S**** about quarter mile.Reduceing it to a premature ejaculation race is an insult.

He obviously didn't look.

3. Ex2cinaz ------------------------07 Nism 6spd 13.334@103.48mph 1.953 60ft Verified Street
Old 10-10-2008, 09:41 AM
K223

Originally Posted by pacfwu
I just wanna know why Nismo owners are the only ones that have to justify their purchase. Should I start a thread calling out everyone that has a Touring or Grand Touring model car or a Z owner with an automatic, just because I don't think that power/heated/leather seats belong in a performance car and it's just added weight for no gain or because automatics aren't for a true sports car enthusiast? No. That's just dumb. My opinion shouldn't be any sort of deciding factor for anyone on this forum when it comes to their personal car purchase and I don't care about anyone else's opinion.

You cannot replicate a Nismo for the price difference between it and an Enthusiast. Fact. Can you build a better for the money? Perhaps. What do you consider a better car? Can you use that money to bolt on an FI kit and be quicker? Sure (if you DIY it). Can you slap on a prettier body kit that's more to your liking but probably not as functional? Sure (and if you are a form over function guy, then who cares). Can you just use that money for a super bad-boy suspension and be a track king? Probably. "Better" and "Worth it" are subjective terms.

There's pluses and minuses to every trim level of the 350z, and that's why they're offered that way. There's also a lot of differences between the model years as the car has evolved, many of them having their own pluses and minuses as well. So STFU about how you don't think the Nismo is worth it. I assume it isn't, or you would've bought one. For me, a Grand Touring model isn't worth it. Know how you can tell? I didn't buy one.
Good post...You can always build better, faster, and maybe a better looking car...But something about a nice factory setup the longer you have owned and build cars in the past you will realize, it's nice to get what you want out of the factory for the most part and also let it hold it's value as is.

A fully loaded GT is a pretty awesome flavor of the Z and it has alot. The Nismo offers more on the outside if you like it and adds more driving performance(Not just a wanna be looker and really has been engineered to handle better). But some want more power and speed, which it looks like the engineers thought the new motor added....Some like enhanced looks and some want luxuries and toys more than anything and already like how the base Z handles. Sure extra stopping power from the GT is great too. Granted I would take the extra toys, power and looks and lighter weight even if a model of this car offered it....Yeah but that is not going to happen...So I am leaning towards some added looks and sports car handling since this is why I wanted back in a sports car to begin with. Then again I can upgrade the stereo and get the bells and whistles and how often do I really move the seat to be missing the power controls. Still leather might have been nice even in a Nismo since it is mainly a street car...But I can see why Nissan chose cloth as to hold true to a more race look and feel. Then not to mention a 350Z gives you great handling, power and fuel economy...Yes fuel economy after all this V6 is great on gas compared to a big truck or hot V8 beleive me. If gadgets and toys are on top of anyone's list or a super plush and fancy interior....This 350Z I don't think is a car for them...Because even the GT barely breaks into this level in today's mid to upper end car market at the price a GT goes for. Still I think the GT is more than plush and really nice inside for a sports car.....

To each his own...I think a Nismo and a GT are about on the same level...Just pick what features you most like and styling...Some are more conservative some are not. For the price of the Standard and the Enth. you get alot of great car just the same...

I think these are some of the best car's in there class no doubt.

K223
Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 AM
-AR-

We all own Z's doesn't matter the trim.

Can we all just get along.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
konaforever

I don't have a NISMO, but I think it looks much better in person, especially the front 3/4 view(looks really aggressive). In person, you don't really notice the rear end.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:24 AM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Downforce pushes the car down to the ground. When this happens, it puts more drag on the car and will slow it down. It will not be as fast as a normal 350z top end, but it will be more stable.
yea, like 2 or 3 mph, big whoop. Plus theres no actual proof behind this at all.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:32 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
yea, like 2 or 3 mph, big whoop. Plus theres no actual proof behind this at all.
Like you said before, you got no clue what you're talking about. Try shutting your ****-holster for just a second and think before you talk.

More downforce=more drag=less top end.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350z_racer05
Oh wow...no comment.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Kushtech

3. Ex2cinaz ------------------------07 Nism 6spd 13.334@103.48mph 1.953 60ft Verified Street
I'm pretty sure thats for NOT STOCK/ bolt ons ? no ?

scroll down one more post

I was going by stock down to the tire, like everybody else ?

edit and obviously you dont know how to read

edit again- if it makes you feel better, I like this guys look more.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PlYlLaxV38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PlYlLaxV38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Kushtech; 10-10-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
K223

Getting away from the bashing already....Your Nismo has clicked off 13.3's in the quater from what you have said here? That's moving pretty good...From what I have read the '07 '08's Z's in general are good for about 13.5's and that still is pretty good. Is your's all stock? Run on the street tires? Maybe your just a good shifter and can drive the hell out of the car? Curious...Wonder what it would take to get near flat 13's in one of these cars. Sorry I realize there has to be a performance drag strip thread here.

K223
Old 10-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Simann

You know, my window sticker on my NISMO Z said nothing about drag race tuned/specific parts. So I wonder if all this quarter mile talk is simply irrelevant as the car was probably not designed to only go straight.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
K223

Originally Posted by Simann
You know, my window sticker on my NISMO Z said nothing about drag race tuned/specific parts. So I wonder if all this quarter mile talk is simply irrelevant as the car was probably not designed to only go straight.
It's a road coarse car for sure.......Naturally in tame street trim. Just commenting on the good performance he is getting at the strip however.

K223
Old 10-10-2008, 11:23 AM
2007 Z

1. No Z was designed for the drag strip. They are all designed for road course.

2. That Nismo time was not stock. Once you start modding anything goes.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:28 AM
K223

Originally Posted by 2007-Z
1. No Z was designed for the drag strip. They are all designed for road course.

2. That Nismo time was not stock. Once you start modding anything goes.
I see.....I wonder what mods has given him 2 tenths in the quarter. I thought 13.5 was about the standard quarter mile time.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:29 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

...Off Topic in 5, 4, 3,

So, I called home yesterday to see how the family is doing. While talking to my mother, I can hear my dad in the back ground telling her to not to tell me nothing about him driving the car. He swore he wouldn't drive it...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by K223
I see.....I wonder what mods has given him 2 tenths in the quarter. I thought 13.5 was about the standard quarter mile time.
HR's have ran as good as 13.1 and trap over 107 bone stock.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:35 AM
K223

Originally Posted by KingBaby
...Off Topic in 5, 4, 3,

So, I called home yesterday to see how the family is doing. While talking to my mother, I can hear my dad in the back ground telling her to not to tell me nothing about him driving the car. He swore he wouldn't drive it...
Your gonna have bald rear tires by the time you get back home....Oops...Off topic sorry LOL

K223
Old 10-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

very useful thread, I'm sure we all learned alot
Old 10-10-2008, 11:42 AM
K223

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
very useful thread, I'm sure we all learned alot
True....But then again you find alot of the threads within these forums entertaining at most. And I am not sure what your abbrev. stand for in regards to "HR"?
Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry, no idea what you mean

Quick Reply: NISMO Z vs. standard Z debate