Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

NISMO Z vs. standard Z debate

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:52 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Why did you post this in Off Topic? There are obviously proper forums for this.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Get_Zwole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my 06 right when it came out and my dealer said there wouldnt be any changes in 07 lol. If i would have known the new engine would have came out let alone the Nismo i would have waited and grabbed one in a heartbeat.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Ziggyrama

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmark
Why are you curious? You aren't going to buy a Nismo Z. So why even discuss it.
Education I talk about things all the time that I don't plan to buy. Trying to rid myself of ignorance. Still working on it
Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 AM
GHOST1207

members who claim the nismo is ugly, let's see pics of your Zs.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Kushtech

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Not worth it to me. I can pick my own ugly body kit.

and plus its not like nismo's are any faster, look at our 1/4 times on here , have yet to see one even trap 100 mph on this forum.

edit* look at my pictures if you want but it will just make you drool but the nismo is still ugly
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the look. To each his own.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:45 AM
IB Systems

Originally Posted by Ziggyrama
Education I talk about things all the time that I don't plan to buy. Trying to rid myself of ignorance. Still working on it
The best way would be to drive one, and you will understand why the car is worth more.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:49 AM
musubi

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line is this thread could go on forever and not prove one side is greater than the other...in each other's minds that is.
I would've been happy getting any Z, actually. I've been through test drives...and visited dealers countless times just to gawk.
When I saw the Nismo in pictures I wasn't a big fan of the rear bumper either. Seeing it in person was a whole different story. Loved it, so I bought it and never looked back since
I didn't want to go through all the hassles of always taking the car into the shop for modifications to the suspension or body work. The Nismo package seems to rid me of all that. Yeah, the stereo is pretty shitty. I can live with it or upgrade as needed.
Sure, there are better cars. I'm just glad I can look back one day and say "yeah, I had that".
Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Some people are just retarded.

People who prefer seat warmers, crappy Bose, and Bluetooth over performance=weak dicks.

No **** the NISMO isn't as fast in the 1/4 as a non-NISMO... it's not made for that. Put them both on a race track and the NISMO will ****ing OWN any other Z.

You're not just paying for some "ugly" body kit (which I think looks quite hot). You're paying for the countless hours and engineering that went into making an already good car outstanding.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
KManZ
Banned

My question is: is the suspension on the Nismo Z the S-Tune parts? (Shocks/sways)

Originally Posted by Kushtech

and plus its not like nismo's are any faster, look at our 1/4 times on here , have yet to see one even trap 100 mph on this forum.

edit* look at my pictures if you want but it will just make you drool but the nismo is still ugly
Like BBoy said above me, the Nismo wasn't made for straight-line/ 1/4 mile times. The Nismo kit on the car is designed for downforce, which equals drag, which equals resistance to air flow, and hence, a slightly affected 1/4 mile time.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
jmark

^ The Nismo Z suspension is NOT the S-Tune parts.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KManZ
My question is: is the suspension on the Nismo Z the S-Tune parts? (Shocks/sways)

Like BBoy said above me, the Nismo wasn't made for straight-line/ 1/4 mile times. The Nismo kit on the car is designed for downforce, which equals drag, which equals resistance to air flow, and hence, a slightly affected 1/4 mile time.
Exactly, and I think somewhere on here or in the past it was posted it puts down like 70lb of downforce at 60 or something like that already. Forget the exact numbers. I can definitely tell when I drive it on a track at high speeds.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
s2k2nismo

OK, so 1.5sec lap difference is worth $8K to you Nismo owners. I am OK with disagreeing about this.
1.5 sec lap difference? obviously you have not been on the track with my nismo!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:16 PM
VENOMSZ

here we go again.
It seems like every six months or so, someone has to start this crap all over again. Seriously you'd think that we are talking about Mustangs vs Camaros.
It's the same freaking car people. It's still a Z, and last time I checked a Z is still a Z, Nismo, base, enthusiast, touring, whatever. Everybody knows the differences of each level by heart. Stop asking stupid questions that you know the answers to. Nismo haters want to start ***** with Nismo lovers.
I don't care about your opinions of my ugly, not worth the extra money Z.
It's the Z I chose, and leave it at that. I don't care about your Z that you can replicate for less money, and better body kit. I had an 06 base, and made the switch to a Nismo...why? Because I wanted to. I could have done all those things to my 06, but I did not, and neither have you for that matter.
Go and get all those things done like you say you can, and then post some pics, and facts. Maybe I'll care about you then.
For the REAL people who have actually made these, or better mods to their Z's, this is not meant for you, and you know who you are.
This is for the posters with nothing better to do than try and start the Nismo vs Z debate.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:23 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Some people are just retarded.

People who prefer seat warmers, crappy Bose, and Bluetooth over performance=weak dicks.

No **** the NISMO isn't as fast in the 1/4 as a non-NISMO... it's not made for that. Put them both on a race track and the NISMO will ****ing OWN any other Z.

You're not just paying for some "ugly" body kit (which I think looks quite hot). You're paying for the countless hours and engineering that went into making an already good car outstanding.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:25 PM
stealthz

Very well. Off the NissanUSA website:
So, to be fair based on what Nissan is saying:

Enthusiast - $30,210
Nismo - $38,680
Difference: $8470
-
So, for $8470 I get marginal BBK, Rays, questionable body kit, struts/shocks and springs, cat-back, extra chassis stamping and a plaque Seems very expensive. I noticed that you're a Nismo owner so it's pretty safe to assume you're probably slightly biased. If I missed anything, please add to what I just said and educate me.

I think the Nismo is closer to the track model than the Enthusiast... they just don't have a track model for 08. Anyways my track was 37k when it was new so if the nismo is selling somewhat like the track models used to be, than for an extra 1000 you get that suspension, stiffer chassis. body dampners, and the body kit, with the two tone interior...
But lets compare it to the Enthusiast, I'll break it down:
---Enthusiast - $30,210
---That marginal bbk from Brembo would cost you at least $4,000 for a 4-piston set-up
---That questionable body kit would cost more than this amount but for the sake of argument. You choose your own, a basic full kit in urethane your looking at $2000 minimum if your lucky...and it won't be as functional or painted for that price
---The basic Nismo suspension sales for about $1400, which is about an average set-up
---an exhaust runs you about another $1000
Your so called enthusiast model just went to 38,610 without factoring in those rays, the extra chassis stamping, extra body dampeners, a plaque and two tone interior... which should run you a couple thousand more....

So even if you don't like the nismo, for the people that do it's definitely worth the money...

Last edited by stealthz; 10-09-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:30 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

EDIT: N/M... we're making the same point.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 10-09-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:33 PM
K223

Originally Posted by musubi
Bottom line is this thread could go on forever and not prove one side is greater than the other...in each other's minds that is.
I would've been happy getting any Z, actually. I've been through test drives...and visited dealers countless times just to gawk.
When I saw the Nismo in pictures I wasn't a big fan of the rear bumper either. Seeing it in person was a whole different story. Loved it, so I bought it and never looked back since
I didn't want to go through all the hassles of always taking the car into the shop for modifications to the suspension or body work. The Nismo package seems to rid me of all that. Yeah, the stereo is pretty shitty. I can live with it or upgrade as needed.
Sure, there are better cars. I'm just glad I can look back one day and say "yeah, I had that".
I agree, From the pictures I saw of the Nismo on the internet it looked like a bit of a over done Tuner 350Z in some ways in regards to the Wing and the rear bumper. Still I loved the front end and the wheels..Not to mention a car that can really handle. To me what is a sports car that cannot take a high speed turn and one you have alot of confidence in. Sure the other flavor's of the 350Z are proven performers and while I am in the market for one I was only considering either a track or GT model. But then I came across a used Nismo at a dealers lot and checked it out. Wow right from the start I said this thing is gorgeous and I am not a tuner car import guy...I am old school american V8 powered pony car fan. But wanted a car that performs, get's decent mileage and has proven to be reliable ala the 350Z. But the rear bumper is not as big and in your face as it looks in pictures as wide angle camera lense tend to spread things out wide and blow things out of proportion, so in person the rear looks really nice actually and approaches something of a more exotic car look. The rear wing is also not has blown out of proportion either I found and I hate really large wings on cars. The front end of the Nismo just rocks....Cannot even compare to the standard Z, though the standard looks good too. I was also a die hard for leather seating, power and the Bose do it all stereo and possibly factory Nav. But then again you can upgrade and keep the stock radio for when you sell and put in your own sounds system with Nav, not to mention how often do you really move and adjust the seat in a tiny 2 seater sports car...Hell I never rarely adjusted the power seat in my big truck once in posistion for me. Then again I also thought in a car like this, cloth probably best matches it as we never had racing leather seats in any of our drag race cars that we built LOL Yeah this is your street car...But hey at least my legs won't stick to the seats in the heat of the summer.

It is about choice and do you want more sporty looks and a car that performs a little more or something more of standard styling and a softer ride to just cruise with? I guess I would buy a Luxo sedan if I wanted luxuries or get a G35,37 coupe...But being more performance minded this car rides very nicely and the performance seems really nice. And if you have not looked at one in person...Check one out....There much hotter in person than in picture by far I think.....I proved that to myself and realized it within 10 seconds of seeing it.

Just my couple of cents....and probably going this way

K223
Old 10-09-2008, 03:47 PM
jmark

^ Great post.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alright... I'll contribute.

The Nismo Z is not just a "loaded" version. It comes with the authentic body kit (which some may not like), along with a reinforced frame, many other extras to help it handle much better, and the ability of being a collector car.

Quick Reply: NISMO Z vs. standard Z debate