Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

NISMO Cat Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:15 AM
08NISMO#1441

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NISMO Cat Back Exhaust

Is the NISMO Cat Back Exhaust a signficant upgrade over the NISMO's stock system?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 AM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

inbeforthenoobbeating
Old 12-15-2009, 04:56 AM
JR350z08

the S tune is said to have more flow over the Nismo track due to a sticker emission that nissan put on the HR engine. but it hasn't really been proven also due to the Stock HR cats's being more restrictive compared to the DE engine stock cats. If your looking for an upgrade just add some headers and HFC's. You feel the difference and the Z will sound deeper and meaner.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 AM
rromero

^ LOL!!!!! I think the only thing that is Nismo on the oem Nismo exhaust are the tips. other than that its the same as the regular HR exhaust.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by 08NISMO#1441
Is the NISMO Cat Back Exhaust a signficant upgrade over the NISMO's stock system?
The Nismo Model Z exhaust is a stock Z exhaust with bigger tips welded on. So you do the math.

<-------Opens the can and waits.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 AM
rromero

The Nismo exhaust will only give you a 6hp gain. kind of sad realy.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The 350Z NISMO can not be improved. Its perfect.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by rromero
The Nismo exhaust will only give you a 6hp gain. kind of sad realy.

+1

It's pretty much a sound thing. The aftermarket Nismo S tune exhaust does sound great, and it's a quality piece!! But don't buy it for big gains. I couldn't tell any performance change when i got mine, but i didn't care because it sounded great!!
Old 12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
JR350z08

Originally Posted by rromero
^ LOL!!!!! I think the only thing that is Nismo on the oem Nismo exhaust are the tips. other than that its the same as the regular HR exhaust.
Dont get why you be laughing?... by your post i'm right...S tune allow more air flow for the HP gains. and HR's Cats are more Restrictive then the DE's.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:42 AM
mistanismo

the muffler is stainless steel made by weldina with larger tips. The stock is not stainless steel and has smaller tips.

Aside from that, no difference at all.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:44 PM
JR350z08

Originally Posted by mistanismo
the muffler is stainless steel made by weldina with larger tips. The stock is not stainless steel and has smaller tips.

Aside from that, no difference at all.
off topic but dyno was your car on when tuned with the uprev?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Lakeside

Damn there are alot of Noobs around here! Its already been state that the Nismo muffler is indeed made by HKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest of the exhaust system is stock OEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could simply upgrade the Y-pipe, install HFC's and headers and have some nice gains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:50 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Damn there are alot of Noobs around here! Its already been state that the Nismo muffler is indeed made by HKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rest of the exhaust system is stock OEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why are we noobs if we don't own a Nismo edition Z, thus don't know anymore then what we have read on here as far as the differences between it and a regual edition Z?

Do you know about every origin of every factory part on every Z? If not i guess that makes you a noob too!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Lakeside

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by halfass872
Why are we noobs if we don't own a Nismo edition Z, thus don't know anymore then what we have read on here as far as the differences between it and a regual edition Z?

Do you know about every origin of every factory part on every Z? If not i guess that makes you a noob too!

If you do not have your facts straight then feel free to not comment! Will help reduce all the BS that is on this forum!!!! There are a couple threads stating that the Nismo Muffler is produced by HKS!!!! Do some research aka search! Stop spreading Sh*t knowledge............
Old 12-15-2009, 03:10 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by Lakeside
If you do not have your facts straight then feel free to not comment! Will help reduce all the BS that is on this forum!!!! There are a couple threads stating that the Nismo Muffler is produced by HKS!!!! Do some research aka search! Stop spreading Sh*t knowledge............
The internet, and this forum are NOT the end all be all of knowledge! I hate to break it to you but at best 60% of the info on this site is reliably accurate. If we knew all we needed to know then this place would be dead. A forum is a place to share info, which may or may not be correct, and post opinions. You take a gamble following advice from here or from any site on the net! If you don't know that, then you are living a lie.

If you have such a hard on about this issue, then why don't YOU help reduce the "BS" on here by creating a sticky in the Nismo section. That way you can cram that link down people's throat that may have a life, and don't care to live and breath Nissan!

Go troll around the "why is my 2003's transmission grinding" thread, or one of the hundreds of other repeat threads on here. You'll have plenty more chances to assert your vast yet sad knowledge into their faces. Then you can mock them for having a life!
Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 PM
mistanismo

Halfass, don't answer a question or tender a response with such certainty and an undertone of self superiority when you clearly were wrong here.

Why would you share something if you were not certain? You should allude to such.

You expressed an opinion which you presented as a fact. He corrected you with an actual fact.

You wonder why there's all this misinformation? It's because often times opinions (such as yours, and incorrect in these circumstances) are conveyed as facts.

Your allusion to transmission grinding is a moot point... YOU responded with YOUR OPINION presented as A FACT which it WAS NOT. Read the caps, it spells it out .

Almost kinda like out of starwars w/ yoda haha.

JR- It was on a dynapak. I've done dynojet at 282. god knows what though for certainty. What makes you ask?
Old 12-15-2009, 07:00 PM
08NISMO#1441

Whoa gents!, obviously some different degrees of knowledge and opinion on here. I appreciate the clarity. Part of the owning a NISMO challenge is figuring out what's actually been modified and what's just cosmetic. Of course any shop is going to be willing to tell you their stuff is an upgrad so I though I'd ask the "experts" before going directly to someone who would want to sell me anything. Like the idea of headers, they just moved to the top of the X-mas list. Thanks again, took my NIS out for a spin tonight. It's amazing how different a ride the NISMO is from my wife's 06 roadster.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:43 PM
rromero

Originally Posted by JR350z08
Dont get why you be laughing?... by your post i'm right...S tune allow more air flow for the HP gains. and HR's Cats are more Restrictive then the DE's.
Oh.... I was refering to the second post

inbeforthenoobbeating
Old 12-16-2009, 03:06 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by mistanismo
Halfass, don't answer a question or tender a response with such certainty and an undertone of self superiority when you clearly were wrong here.

Why would you share something if you were not certain? You should allude to such.

You expressed an opinion which you presented as a fact. He corrected you with an actual fact.

You wonder why there's all this misinformation? It's because often times opinions (such as yours, and incorrect in these circumstances) are conveyed as facts.

Your allusion to transmission grinding is a moot point... YOU responded with YOUR OPINION presented as A FACT which it WAS NOT. Read the caps, it spells it out .
Like i said earlier. We give suggestions based on facts, and based on what we have read. Which may or may NOT be correct info since this is just an open forum, not a factory service manual website. So i apparently gave bum info based on what I have READ here before, my bad. But that happens hundreds of times a day here, because, AGAIN, this is just a car forum. So you, the reader, assume the ultimate responsibility as to weather or not you follow others advice/info on here and go with it. Or if you take it as a guide and talk to a professional before tackling a project, or paying for a product.

Last edited by halfass872; 12-16-2009 at 03:09 AM.