Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 PM
MikeNT256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Mike,
Yeah she is still there hence the toys still.
Glad everything is going well with the speed 3 man.
I agree on keeping the warranty as long as possible.

Got about 500 miles on the Z already, enjoying driving it. It really is a nice car thats for sure. You will all drive it more then likely
Awesome! I can't wait to check it out! Hopefully soon i'll meet up with you guys. When's the next get together?

Originally Posted by skingy
nice 'speed, mike. i work at the advertising agency that has mazda as a client - we get a supplier discount on mazdas on top of regular market incentives, plus we get $500 from the agency just for buying/leasing a mazda as a further incentive. the only car i've been tempted to get is a 'speed... they are nice!

i work on the dealer brochures, and just finished the 2010 mx-5 miata. we placed a shot of the new '10 speed3 - it looks wicked....
Thanks man! The 2010 Speed3!?! Damnit, I wish I would have known, i'd love to check one out in person. It's got that god awful smile in the front, and it has no MORE backseat room than the previous gen even though the body style makes it look more accomodating.

I wish I had a STI-esque hood scoop. Oh well, i'm real happy with my car and have no need to upgrade to the 2010 Speed3. The only car i'm real tempted by right now is the "potential" of the 2010 Focus RS. Although word on the street is, it's not coming stateside. But a close buddy of mine says they are officially starting new projects for the future Focus RS for the US market.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:44 PM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Power sucks for sure unless you keep it wound up over 5600 rpm in the turns. It has it's fun moments. I'm sure your MS3 can dust it.

Wife drives the RX8 in the summer. I take it in the winter.

Met the wife in 1993.
I had a red 1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo
She had a silver 87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II

16 years later:
I have a red 350Z
She has a silver RX-8

Just like back then, I still have the faster car.
Well, the RX-8 does pretty well when TT'd. But NA, it was more made for handling than it was power. That's a pretty cool story though! My gf to this day still wants a G35/G37 coupe so damn bad. I promised when we have enough money to support it, she will definitely get one.

I've had the pleasure of dusting a few local Mustang GT's. I noticed one had paper plates in the rear window and we went from a roll in 3rd gear. I started actually pulling on him but we were doing well over 85mph on city roads and it was getting a little out of hand. It was like no one was going to let off so I decided enough was enough, we had proved our friendly points.

Well, he pulls up next to me at the light and rolls his window down and goes "What the **** is that thing?!" I go "It's a Mazdaspeed3!" He goes "That's ********, I just bought this thing. You were ****in pullin on me!!!" lol we both had a decent laugh out of it.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 AM
Datona Jess

Ali,
That thing is money...I hope you get another Z and put that on.
Get an07+ though the HR motor is MONEY

Mike, dang man I just got rid og a G37S Coupe you coauld have had her drive it though, that probably would not have helped. Good job with the beating Mustangs.
I love to pray on them as well..heheh
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 PM
sig11

Originally Posted by amsyed84
I bought this after the i totaled my Z, because i was getting a fat check from the insurance company now there not paying up. There trying not to pay me my money and i now have to higher an attorney.

If any of you guys know of an good attorney that handles insurances claims please let me know...
Damn. Sorry to hear that. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:05 AM
MikeNT256

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
Mike, dang man I just got rid og a G37S Coupe you coauld have had her drive it though, that probably would not have helped. Good job with the beating Mustangs.
I love to pray on them as well..heheh
Yeah it would not have helped. My co-worker just picked up a black G37 coupe and I just stare with envy. It's a beautiful car. I'm glad Infiniti came out with the drop top! It's such a versatile vehicle to compare with Lexus, and it looks great in either of the flavors!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Datona Jess

Mike
It was a great cruiser...
But it was NOT my style...
WAY too big and fat
Old 07-02-2009, 06:00 AM
MikeNT256

Yeah, different flavors for different reasons. The G37 is still amazing for what it is.

Well looks like all that mod talk and "time to grow up" talk is now. They accepted our offer on a house! Looks like I will be staying in Livonia after all! That's ok though, I have a few more mods left to install that I can enjoy in my new garage!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:39 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by amsyed84
If any of you guys know of an good attorney that handles insurances claims please let me know...
Not that it's any of my business, but, You weren't on any insurance policy for any vehicle.. were you?

Best of luck man. It'll probably be a long battle. The ordeal I went through just to get payment for my Work wheels getting f-d up took about 3 months I think... and that was just small claims.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:30 AM
MikeNT256

So I've been staying in Naperville/Lisle IL since friday for a little July4th weekend getaway. And let me tell you: I have never seen so many Z's and G's in my life. My hotel is across the street from an Infiniti dealer and everyone drives a hot car, from Lexus LS460's to BMW M3/M5's and the houses here put us to shame. The money out here is nuts!
Old 07-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by MikeNT256
So I've been staying in Naperville/Lisle IL since friday for a little July4th weekend getaway. And let me tell you: I have never seen so many Z's and G's in my life. My hotel is across the street from an Infiniti dealer and everyone drives a hot car, from Lexus LS460's to BMW M3/M5's and the houses here put us to shame. The money out here is nuts!
I'm jealous. You're in my old stomping grounds. I grew up in the western 'burbs of Chicago. I went to elementary school in Naperville and my father once ran the pool at Naperville North HS. It's a nice town. Great bars in d-town Naperville and I hear one of the area's best pizza places is near those bars. (Can't remember the name).

For high dollar rides, cruise down Ogden Ave east from Naperville till it hits I294. (Hinsdale). Right there at the interstate is Continental Motors. I believe the only Ferrari, Maserati dealer in DuPage county. It's OK to stop in and go to the parts counter in the lower section of the dealer. They have all sorts of Ferrari swag and you can glimpse into the garage. There's always something good there. The guys that run it are not "high and mighty". If you strike up a conversation they may let you sit on one.

If you wander around Hinsdale, head south of Ogden on York Road the homes in that area are very high dollar. (Esp the ones on the cobblestone roads.) The downtown Hinsdale just a few blocks south on York / Garfield is quaint. One of the best bakeries is down there. (Good for sweetening the girlfriend)

Stay away from the bridge east of downtown Hinsdale. Near the hospital. (One lane wood bridge) If you're lowered, I don't think you'll clear the approach angle and there's no easy way to get out of it if there's cars behind.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:26 AM
mekatoka

So, I am back from Maui. It's the most beautiful place that I have seen till date, 7 days was very short. I didn't feel like coming back.

I rented a Corvette from Hertz and it was a blast to drive in the hilly areas. I drove it on the "Road to Hana" and it was the most fun I had in any car. For the people who do not know it has 620 curves in about 45 miles of hilly, narrow, windy road.

I never drove a Corvette or a car with so much power before. Man-o-Man it has a lot of power. I looked up the version that Hertz rents, its called ZHZ and has 436HP with paddle shifters on the steering.

I had also rented a Mustang prior to changing it for the Vette. I know its a rental, but it sucked a$$. It didn't enjoy the car at all.

Last edited by mekatoka; 07-06-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:31 PM
MikeNT256

I'm jealous. You're in my old stomping grounds. I grew up in the western 'burbs of Chicago. I went to elementary school in Naperville and my father once ran the pool at Naperville North HS. It's a nice town. Great bars in d-town Naperville and I hear one of the area's best pizza places is near those bars. (Can't remember the name).

For high dollar rides, cruise down Ogden Ave east from Naperville till it hits I294. (Hinsdale). Right there at the interstate is Continental Motors. I believe the only Ferrari, Maserati dealer in DuPage county. It's OK to stop in and go to the parts counter in the lower section of the dealer. They have all sorts of Ferrari swag and you can glimpse into the garage. There's always something good there. The guys that run it are not "high and mighty". If you strike up a conversation they may let you sit on one.

If you wander around Hinsdale, head south of Ogden on York Road the homes in that area are very high dollar. (Esp the ones on the cobblestone roads.) The downtown Hinsdale just a few blocks south on York / Garfield is quaint. One of the best bakeries is down there. (Good for sweetening the girlfriend)

Stay away from the bridge east of downtown Hinsdale. Near the hospital. (One lane wood bridge) If you're lowered, I don't think you'll clear the approach angle and there's no easy way to get out of it if there's cars behind.
I didn't check the response soon enough because I am already back in MI. We were there from Friday to Monday. We left the Wheaton IHOP at Noon and were back in canton by 3:45. Some seriously insane record timing.

We went down Springfield/Naperville road and checked out the Breckenridge neighborhood, along with Knoch Knolls. They are insane!!

I think the pizza place you meant was "Ginos"? We went to one in downtown Wheaton and it was okay. Should have gone to the one in Naperville but we were exploring. I had no internet access, only Blackberry web and Navigation. But it's definitely beautiful out there.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:06 PM
BobaFettm

Anyone doing 3Balls racing event at Grattan in a couple weeks? All signed up. I've missed Grattan since last year... so I couldn't wait any longer for GLLC to get there lol
Old 07-08-2009, 03:32 AM
Phreakdout

Ypsilanti is hosting the Michigan Elvis Fest this weekend. (Yeah, I know...) Anyway, I'm supporting the community by volunteering to work the Beer Tent this Saturday after the car show. I'll be the big guy with the ear plugs. (I'm not an Elvis fan.) Having me work the beer tent is like making Norm a bartender in the "Cheers" bar.

Stop by if you're in the area. Beware, I'll bitchslap any customer who says "Thank you ... thank you very much." in an Elvis voice.

http://www.mielvisfest.org/
Old 07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
Anyone doing 3Balls racing event at Grattan in a couple weeks? All signed up. I've missed Grattan since last year... so I couldn't wait any longer for GLLC to get there lol
I am doing the event on both the days. I have booked a room with 2 beds at AmericInn in Greensville. It is 12 mins from the track, I am looking for someone to share the accomodation

Deepu
Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 AM
mekatoka

Ypsilanti is hosting the Michigan Elvis Fest this weekend. (Yeah, I know...) Anyway, I'm supporting the community by volunteering to work the Beer Tent this Saturday after the car show. I'll be the big guy with the ear plugs. (I'm not an Elvis fan.) Having me work the beer tent is like making Norm a bartender in the "Cheers" bar.

Stop by if you're in the area. Beware, I'll bitchslap any customer who says "Thank you ... thank you very much." in an Elvis voice.

http://www.mielvisfest.org/
I am not an Elvis fan either but I will be there to shoot some pictures I am getting a new camera today and this would be a good opportunity to test it
Old 07-08-2009, 07:21 AM
AznSky

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
I'm broke
Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 AM
mekatoka

Doh! Didn't realize that there is an event on Thursday at Waterford. Want to go but its full
Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 AM
mekatoka

I ordered some new shoes for my car (Bridgestone Potenza RE-11). I am excited, getting them installed at AutoEurope.

With all these expenses looks like I am going to go broke pretty soon
Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by mekatoka
I am not an Elvis fan either but I will be there to shoot some pictures I am getting a new camera today and this would be a good opportunity to test it
It looks like I will be exchanging money for beer tickets. I guess they don't want me handling the beer. Darnit! LOL I knew it was too good to be true.

Anyway, please stop by and see me if you come on Saturday after 4.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3