Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Phreakdout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Install Party at Phreak's!

Weather is not so bad. Looks like only a 40% chance of rain between 10-1pm. (Think of this as 60% chance of no-rain!)
After that, the weather will be beautiful. 73F and partly cloudy. You can't get much better!

If it rains, we've can focus on the car in the garage. We'll have some lunch and beer and chill out. If you want a cigar, feel free to take one on the back deck. By the time the rain is done, we should be done with the car in the garage and we can rotate one out and get crackin on the ones in the driveway.
I have some things to take care of in the morning. I expect 11am is a good time to start. Don't worry about the rain. If there is any.
Bring a CD of your favorite jams to wrench to. Otherwise you'll have to listen to my endless stream of Tool or Metallica. LOL.
Come when you want stay as long as you want. We've got a Wii upstairs and XBox360 in the theater in the basement. I won't guarantee a clean garage or house but we'll get the job done.

Again, PM me if you need the addy. Please confirm when you will come so I know how much food we need.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 04-30-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:09 PM
mekatoka

I am getting the following tomorrow

- Heineken Keg
- Shop Towels
- My Jack and 4 Jack stands
- Impact Wrench with spare battery and Socket Set
- Motul Power Bleeder, I will be using Brown stuff tomorrow, there will some left over
- thin Gloves that are used for oil change

Do I need anything else?
I will plan to come in when the doors open, so 11

Last edited by mekatoka; 04-30-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM
mekatoka

cr@p ... Carbotech shipped me the wrong pads I ordered an XP8 (Rear) and they shipped me XP12 (front). It's good that I now have pads which are 75$ more than what I paid for, but I don't have rear pads for the mornings install. Oakos, won't be open till 12 ... hmm
Old 04-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by mekatoka
cr@p ... Carbotech shipped me the wrong pads I ordered an XP8 (Rear) and they shipped me XP12 (front). It's good that I now have pads which are 75$ more than what I paid for, but I don't have rear pads for the mornings install. Oakos, won't be open till 12 ... hmm
Can you get your wife to drop off your car and you take her car to Oakos? We can work on the fronts and have it ready for the rears when you arrive. I will start first thing on Rob's so maybe there is time for you to take the Nismo to Oakos. I have no plans for the day so it's not a problem. The wife and daughter don't come back till after dinner time. I hope to be greasy and drunk by then. LOL. (Just kidding)

Last edited by Phreakdout; 04-30-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:44 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

interesting.. Oakos gave me the wrong size pads when I picked up from them last year.. I guess the QC procedure hasn't been implemented yet.
Good luck guys.. I can't make it out today.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:54 AM
AznSky

Man it is nasty outside right now. Actually woke me up. Hopefully it'll blow by faster

Lol I hope carbotech sent me the right stuff....
Old 05-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Phreakdout

Just once, it would be nice if the weather forecast would be correct 24 hours ahead of time. I swear last night it said that the early am would be OK and just a couple hours of rain between 10am-12pm.

How the hell do they not see this cloud formation??? Based on the amount it is raining, this is not going away. Now the "forecast or weather-guess" says basically rain all day till 5pm.

:
Old 05-01-2010, 03:43 AM
AznSky

lol whatever, it's only water. Based on the radar and speed it was moving before, I have a feeling it'll be gone within the next couple hours and it'll be fine by the time 11am rolls around.

Rob (The new meteorologist around here)

PS ~ CT sent me the right pads
Old 05-01-2010, 04:21 AM
Phreakdout

Looking at the radar, I guess it will blow by.

Let's keep this thing going. I hope you all won't cancel and not show up. The garage is dry and if we focus on one car at a time, we can rotate cars in and out quickly. Plus, I bust butt putting my car back together so I could move it out this morning.

Like Rob said, it's only water. LOL

We should be able to get 3-4 cars done just using the garage.

EDIT: Local weather also says it should be good just after noon. With an 11am start time, I think we'll be in good shape.

Last edited by Phreakdout; 05-01-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:05 AM
Datona Jess

Weather did not cooperate with my orignal plan for the day
I will be leaving shortly
I am bringing NOTHING with me as no-one advised me too...

See you soon
-AJ
Old 05-01-2010, 06:11 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Can you get your wife to drop off your car and you take her car to Oakos?
Only if that could have happened, she can't drive stick. Irrespective of the fact if I pick up my pads I will stop by first so that you guys can use the tools if you need to (if) while I am gone

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
....I hope you all won't cancel and not show up.
...Plus, I bust butt putting my car back together so I could move it out this morning.
Nope, I am coming no matter what. Thanks a lot for the effort Brian, I was going to ask if you'd be able to be done with your car when you posted pics of the car on stands the other day.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 AM
mekatoka

Originally Posted by thekinn
interesting.. Oakos gave me the wrong size pads when I picked up from them last year.. I guess the QC procedure hasn't been implemented yet.
Good luck guys.. I can't make it out today.
Well, I bought from SafeRacer and they dropship from Carbotech. The order from SafeRacer has correct details, so its Carbotech that messed up the order. The box says XP-12, so its a clear mistake on the guy who packed the shipping box.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by mekatoka
Well, I bought from SafeRacer and they dropship from Carbotech. The order from SafeRacer has correct details, so its Carbotech that messed up the order. The box says XP-12, so its a clear mistake on the guy who packed the shipping box.
Oh. I misunderstood. I take back what I said about Oakos then. I have continued to buy stuff from them since the mix-up last year and have not had any other issues.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:38 PM
AznSky

Wow, what a freakin long day!

Thanks to everybody that came out and helped work on my car, especially big thanks to Brian for hosting and allowing us to stay so late. We ended up doing Deepu's brakes (pads/rotors) and Lee's FR and RR swaybars till 11pm

I actually went home to shower afterwards, and since I was home, I wanted to check out how the brakes felt. So I ended up going around my neighborhood a few times up to 30 mph, then I was like what the hell, how does it feel at 60 mph? lol, this thing stops like mad crazy now! The tires actually locked up on me really easily which was a first (especially withe RE-11's!). So then I ended up doing a four or five 60mph stops like the bed-in process, but then a dude came out of his house and i was like oops....so I went home haha.

Brakes were super hot and even slightly smoking when I pulled into the garage. I think that's normal?

Anyways, so I did a semi bedding process, and I'll do a full bedding process sometime next week.

This brakes are CRAZY! Hopefully we did everything right, and thanks again for all the help! Oh and I learned a TON
Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
mekatoka

Yeah, it was a fun day except for my SS lines for which we need to fix up a date. I am going to try and find out if they are the right part and also find out the instructions as well.

Rob, we hung out for 1 more hour after you left. THAT was fun, I needed some of that after pulling my back. Thanks alot for hosting Brian!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Phreakdout

That was a blast. Thanks everyone for coming. If you have any videos with me in it, delete them please. LOL. I looked like hell after a full day of grease.
Ended up falling asleep in the living room floor and just woke up.

Thanks Lee and Deepu for hanging out after we wrapped up. It was pretty nice talking and drinking on the back deck. Everyone really jammed hard on the cars all day. We might have to do another one before ZdayZ. Even if it's a wash and polish day. (That is one where everyone can work on everyone's car.)
Old 05-02-2010, 05:42 AM
Datona Jess

WOW 11pm....Jeesh guys

Was a blast working on Rob's car..hahah
Man the non Brembo brakes are a B$#%^ to work on.
I did learn alot as well.
Good to see everyone.

Lets plan something for next weekend then..hahah

Last edited by Datona Jess; 05-02-2010 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Phreakdout

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
WOW 11pm....Jeesh guys

Was a blast working on Rob's car..hahah
Man the non Brembo brakes are a B$#%^ to work on.
I did learn alot as well.
Good to see everyone.

Lets plan something for next weekend then..hahah
AJ, I have a small handfull of your tools. (It was in the chair cup holder)

Rob, I think you left a case of tools next to Sarah's muffins. The family loved the muffins this morning! - Sorry. At least we won't eat the tools. LOL

Deepu and Lee, I'll go out there today and look around for anything "not mine." Double check your tools as well. I'd have no idea if I were missing anything. I've had so many different sets of tools over the years that my box is a mix of Craftsman, Husky (Home Depot) and Harbor Freight.

I'm not worried if anything is missing. I always need an excuse to buy more tools - LOL.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Phreakdout

BTW: Lee, thanks for bringing the donuts. I didn't know it was you until the wife told me this am. Donuts are a great suck up item to help keep the wife happy while the guys are in the garage all day. It really worked. LOL
Old 05-02-2010, 07:14 AM
sig11

haha I knew someone would want donuts! Good stuff. Thanks again for hosting and to Rob for... well... working on my car. :P

It was definitely a good time. I think I could feel the difference with the sways when I got to some roads I travel a lot. Having all 6 bolts in the exhaust cans again is pretty killer too.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3