Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:34 AM
mdacko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i think i will switch. ann arbor nissan has the worst service in the history of the world. i hate them. never go there.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:44 AM
mzack

I don't know him. I have seen him at the car wash. He works at Visteon in Saline. I see his car parked there all the time.
Old 02-17-2004, 07:54 AM
mzack

Gruppe-s. Did you pay over $700? Thats what is posted on the site.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:19 AM
mdacko

nope, got the replica. something i wouldnt recommend. im gonna replace it with the real one this spring.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Thaddeus

Originally posted by mdacko
do you like dick scott? i hate a2 nissan, i need a new dealer.

I initally had some issues with a2 nissan also butthey seem to have pulled it together in the last 2 months or so. What troubls have you had?
Old 02-17-2004, 09:54 AM
mdacko

all kinds of stuff. took them 2 months to order a part for me, had my car for a 1 day job but kept it for 6 days, without giving me loaner car or rental car or any explanation on why they needed it for so long (they were just screwing with me,) they had my car in for service for a whole day and didnt do anything to it, then just gave it back to me, refuse to check on a rattle in my console because they are accusing me of taking apart my dash, even though i never have....the list goes on and on.... i will never go there again. those service people are so clueless about Z's.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Thaddeus

all kinds of stuff. took them 2 months to order a part for me, had my car for a 1 day job but kept it for 6 days, without giving me loaner car or rental car or any explanation on why they needed it for so long (they were just screwing with me,) they had my car in for service for a whole day and didnt do anything to it, then just gave it back to me, refuse to check on a rattle in my console because they are accusing me of taking apart my dash, even though i never have....the list goes on and on.... i will never go there again. those service people are so clueless about Z's.
For what it is worth, Chuck, the previous service Mgr is back. I dont know if this makes a diference to you or not.

I have been able to an 'every other vist' renter provided by them. Took a bit of talking but they did come around to it.

Also, they did become a bit more cooperative after I started talking with NNA a few months ago regarding a couple of issues I had with the Z.

By the way I think you and I have met at A2 Nissan, I drive the Enthusiast in sunset.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:24 AM
mdacko

oh yeah i have met you! chuck is back? when did he come back? he was great. those other 2 guys were terrible. I have to ask, did you take any feathering issues there? I had feathering really bad, and all they did was rotate my front 2 tires....im trying to see if anything different was done for anyone else.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Thaddeus

oh yeah i have met you! chuck is back? when did he come back? he was great. those other 2 guys were terrible. I have to ask, did you take any feathering issues there? I had feathering really bad, and all they did was rotate my front 2 tires....im trying to see if anything different was done for anyone else.
Yes, on 12/18/03 (aprox) I met with the NNA engneers on their 'What front suspension trouble' tour and had the front tires replaced. Chuck had initiated the process months before but it had taken this long to get there.

By the way, I also had a new trans put into the Z also. I am not certain the trans is any better, the low temperatures make it feel signifacnatly different (i hope).

Regarding the front tires, they also realigned the front end. I was told the tires were authorized (by NNA engineers) because after the align and swap right to left, etc. I experienced increased road noise during low speed braking and general highway driving. I was told by the engineers this was 'very unusual'.

In the end, I think the engineers were on a reconasance (?sp) expedition to see to what degree, a number of us Z owners who sent in a form complaint letter, were and how commited we were to holding NNA's feet to the fire. So far I am not able to say if the new tires are any better because I immediately put on winter tires. It has been aprox 2K miles since.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:45 AM
mdacko

what caused you to get a new tranny?
Old 02-18-2004, 10:41 AM
mickey

Default Mod Friendly?

Originally posted by mzack
You were parked across from BWs in Ypsi. I saw you on Saturday. There are a couple of other Zs in Ypsi. There is a black on with spinners. His plate says Cope II and another blue Z that I know of. I am teying to get the owner of the Blue Z to get involved with this site and group. He will. He parked his for the winter.

Is anyone have stalling problems. I am just loosing power even on the highway. I am taking it to Dick Scott on Thursday to see whats wrong.
mzack, you have JWT pop charger on your Z? Are you going in Dick Scott Service with pop charger on? Do you know if they are "mod friendly"?

Please let us know how it turned out.

Rgd,
Mickey
Old 02-18-2004, 11:16 AM
Thaddeus

what caused you to get a new tranny?
Sory for the delay.

The trans was grinding on shifts from 1st to 2nd and into third. All of these were intermitent and eventually the people at A2 nissan were able to reproduce the trouble. It helped that I was able to get a grind going into 2nd when taking the A2 dealer service guy for a drive.

I am not certain the new trans is any better as I am not pushing the Z as hard as I do in the warmer weather. So, we eill see...

By the way, the clutch and clutch pedal assembly were replaced at the same time.
Old 02-18-2004, 11:18 AM
mdacko

im having that same problem from 1st to 2nd. how willing were they to give you a new tranny? how much work and fighting did it take? why did they replace the clutch and pedal?
Old 02-18-2004, 11:20 AM
MySunset350Z

i went into my dealer with my CAI, and n2o setup. the tech who works on 350z's wanted to go for a quick run, but the bottle was empty. he did mention though that if there is a problem, and if the cause if from the mods, then its not covered. anyway, he quit a while back and they've replaced him with some idiot who doesnt know crap about the car.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:12 PM
mihalko1

. Do you know the guy with black spinners? He has an insane alarm/remote start system
I believe I know who this guy is. I don't KNOW him, but I believe he works out at Lifetime in Canton. I used to be a trainer there and therefore saw the car all the time. His alarm is freaking annoying. Overly sensitive. Spinners are a bit gaudy too. I would also occasionally see a CS with Konig wheels, and a Lemans. Either of you peeps on here?

Side Note: Has anyone checked out the info regarding the Freshwater Tour? I am still going, and Z's are welcome. Again, I am good friends with the fella organizing the event. Looks to be a grand time!
Old 02-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Thaddeus

im having that same problem from 1st to 2nd. how willing were they to give you a new tranny? how much work and fighting did it take? why did they replace the clutch and pedal?
As with the tires, it took a bit of work. Eventually, after talking with NNA customer relations (or whatever the title is) I was approved for the replacement. It took some work at both the dealer and NNA as well as the dealer service manager working it from his end. The big but is demonstarting to the dealer there is an issue and NICELY requesting help. I know, they should just give you what is due but the old saw of honey verses vinegar seems to work.

It also helps to bring in any issue you have even if it takes multiple trys. It seemed to me because I had tire, trans, window, dead pedal and posibly one other issue, there was an interest to apease.

Regarding your Q RE. the clutch and pedal. NNA engineers (I met with them 12/18/03 aprox. regarding tire issues.) advised me their research indicated that most drivers were not fully disingaging the clutch because the pedal had to be depressed almost to the floor. They further said any transmissions being replaced were probably going to get the new (shorter throw) pedal. The diference is aprox. .5 inches and it is nicer not having to fully bottom to floor before shifting. The clutch was replaced because....... good question. I think they wanted to check how abusive of a driver I am by inspecting the clutch for wear and / or abuse. FYI, the clutch after 16K miles the minor depressions found on a new clutch were vissable. Translation, very little clutch wear.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:13 AM
Thaddeus

So, when are we getting togther to discuss this and that for the comming driving season??
Old 02-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Z33Fan

My question is, would it be advantageous to request replacement of just the pedal assembly under warranty, if it can be proven to be designed such that excessive wear is a product of how it functions?

I'm asking because I would think that it might help solve many of the problems, without having to replace the entire transmission. I would gladly try to fit into that scenario, as my "grinding" isn't anywhere frequent enough to warrant replacement of my transmission, at least in my case.

Originally posted by Thaddeus
As with the tires, it took a bit of work. Eventually, after talking with NNA customer relations (or whatever the title is) I was approved for the replacement. It took some work at both the dealer and NNA as well as the dealer service manager working it from his end. The big but is demonstarting to the dealer there is an issue and NICELY requesting help. I know, they should just give you what is due but the old saw of honey verses vinegar seems to work.

It also helps to bring in any issue you have even if it takes multiple trys. It seemed to me because I had tire, trans, window, dead pedal and posibly one other issue, there was an interest to apease.

Regarding your Q RE. the clutch and pedal. NNA engineers (I met with them 12/18/03 aprox. regarding tire issues.) advised me their research indicated that most drivers were not fully disingaging the clutch because the pedal had to be depressed almost to the floor. They further said any transmissions being replaced were probably going to get the new (shorter throw) pedal. The diference is aprox. .5 inches and it is nicer not having to fully bottom to floor before shifting. The clutch was replaced because....... good question. I think they wanted to check how abusive of a driver I am by inspecting the clutch for wear and / or abuse. FYI, the clutch after 16K miles the minor depressions found on a new clutch were vissable. Translation, very little clutch wear.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:38 AM
MySunset350Z

Originally posted by Thaddeus
So, when are we getting togther to discuss this and that for the comming driving season??

we'll start planning in march for our first meet which will be held early april depending on weather. dont wanna start planning too early, but we do want to give everyone enough time to plan ahead to make sure they can make it.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:53 AM
mdacko

i dont know about you whereguys are, but its gorgeous in Ann Arbor today. Warm weather gives me Mod. fever all over again.... I suddenly have the urge to drop tons of money on my car. Not a good thing.

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List