Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Snyperz, raj is right I try not to hype stuff before it is ready...

George, thanks for the comments. I'll try and update the first page soon.

Aln, pm sent regarding user manual
Old 11-17-2008, 06:36 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Nice new support page Hal. Simple and effective. Check it out guys. The manual is getting better with each version also. Best way to check out the Haltech is to download that manual.
Attached Thumbnails Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE-haltech-support.png  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hal... Thanks for updating the Haltech firmware to log the CAN Channels for G35's that don't seem to register using the standard firmware. I got my G back a few weeks ago and updated to your latest firmware for G's and Z's. It seems to work fine.

I'm not totally sure what the Wheel Speed graph/data is telling me though. When the graph goes up and the MPH goes up, I assume that means the rear tires were spinning? What is negative wheel slip? I'm just wanting to see if my rear tires are spinning... maybe I should use another parameter.

I had to reflash my OEM ECU to get my RevUp to rev past the original RPM limits. When I log the accelerator and throttle with the Haltech Data Logger, the throttle only opens to 98%. I would like it to open 100% Is the 2% difference something to worry about?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:23 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

JB, glad you got it working and yes a little more work went into getting the individual G35 wheel speed channels coming through properly. The wheel slip channels are percent difference of rear vs front. You may prefer the wheel differential channels which show MPH difference of rear compared to front. For example, 50mph rear speed, 35mph front speed = 15mph differential. Bigger number, more spin. Also try logging front wheel speeds and rear wheel speeds to make more sense of it if you need. As the two separate you will see the slip and differentials come into play.

Your throttle situation sounds like a simple calibration error. Recalibrate the throttle in Haltech and you should be off and running.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Hey, Hal, I know that you won't give out any information before you release an update, but I was really hoping there would be some new updates for the New Year, specifically 1.0.1 for G35's, and maybe something that will help the Haltech not give any CEL's (P0011 and P0021) for the G35's with the dual cam control.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Also, Hal, could you take alook at this post and answer my question, if possible?

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Hey, Hal, I know that you won't give out any information before you release an update, but I was really hoping there would be some new updates for the New Year, specifically 1.0.1 for G35's, and maybe something that will help the Haltech not give any CEL's (P0011 and P0021) for the G35's with the dual cam control.
P0011 and P0021 are reporting that ECU outputted cam timing does not match the cam sensors. This is true, because we are controlling cam timing - not the oem ecu. These codes are allowed, because they 'soft codes', meaning they alone will not trip the CEL or cause any problems. The only way around this, would be giving cam control back to the stock computer.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:58 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hal quick question. Does the Haltech have an O2 simulator on board? the reason I ask is I wired up a O2 and Heater sim to remove my 2 post narrow bands. As soon as I did this I was receiving high voltage cel codes for the post O2 sensor and was reflected in the OBDII scan. To trouble shoot what was going on I removed the sim and disconnect the factory post O2's to see what the voltage readings were.

In the OBDII scan it shows that there is moving voltage on the post O2's but how can this be so if the sensors are disconnected?

Anyway I have put over 3000 miles with the sensors disconnected and so far no CEL light. This leads me to assume that the haltech simulates the O2 signal wire and heater wire. (I removed the O2 and replaced with a bung not to ruin the sensor)

Last edited by MR RIZK; 01-11-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:00 AM
chopperman

So I just want to clarify this. I have a HKS EVC5 boost controller, with the boost selenoid that you can buy extra it will eliminate the need to use the EVC5 correct and having to mount the display. Also The AEM wideband can just hook up to the Haltech and I can get rid of the gauge,.... right?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Mr Rizk, I was not aware of an O2 simulator. If it is working for you though, that is great!

Chopperman, correct about the boost controller. Using the boost control kit with the haltech eliminates the need for an aftermarket boost controller. Regarding the wideband... I believe AEM's gauge is the wideband controller - so you would need to keep it for the heater circuitry.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:32 PM
chopperman

Hal is there some kind of map selector switch like a utec? Ive been looking at 350zmod and some other websites who sell the haltech but there doesnt seem to be one. Im guessing the only way to change a map is by plugging in a laptop correct? Do you guys have any intentions to have a quicker way to do this in the future?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

No map selector currently, though only one map is needed for low and high boost. The only time you will have to change maps is for change in fuel type or something of that nature.

When you do have to change, it only takes a couple seconds thanks to USB connectivity We have considered adding dual maps in the future, but nothing is concrete on that yet.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:00 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by chopperman
Hal is there some kind of map selector switch like a utec? Ive been looking at 350zmod and some other websites who sell the haltech but there doesnt seem to be one. Im guessing the only way to change a map is by plugging in a laptop correct? Do you guys have any intentions to have a quicker way to do this in the future?
The tables in the Haltech are big enough to accomodate different boost levels, all within a single map. Even if you run higher octane for high boost, you coud tune for the boost level given (say 93 oct data up to 15 psi, then 116 octane for boost levels higher than that).

It would be nice to have an external input that could, for example, set the internal max boost level of the internal boost controller via a potentiometer or toggle switch, etc. I'm hoping the planned 32 in/out box upgrade will allow this type of functionality...

Hal, I'm visiting Sydney in March - can I go pick up a prototype?

EDIT: Hal, I just saw that Haltech has a "trim module" available. Is this available to us? It says it allows fuel, timing, and boost adjustment on the fly...

Last edited by rcdash; 01-20-2009 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

The in/out box will allow for a trim module for boost. The current trim module does not work with the 350Z box.

And let me know when you are going to Sydney, I'll get a list of heads to bust while you are over there
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
The in/out box will allow for a trim module for boost. The current trim module does not work with the 350Z box.

And let me know when you are going to Sydney, I'll get a list of heads to bust while you are over there
I sent an e-mail via their support page. If you think it'd help, I can send them more often.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 AM
JuJube

Hi Hal,

Would there be a way through the software to automatically disable VDC when I start the car?

If not could this feature be implemented some how?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by JuJube
Hi Hal,

Would there be a way through the software to automatically disable VDC when I start the car?

If not could this feature be implemented some how?

Thanks in advance.
There is a KP technologies module for $60 I think that does this... That said, I do suppose the programmable output could already be configured to do this with a relay and some soldering...
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Originally Posted by rcdash
There is a KP technologies module for $60 I think that does this...
Correct. I have it, and it works well. I usually leave it on, but it's nice at the track to not have to worry about turning VDC off.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
JuJube

Thanks for the heads up on the idea guys.

If I could set up the Haltech to do it though that would really make me happy. :-)

Time to start diggin through wiring diagrams.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:25 PM
gecof1

One thing I want to ask guys. When is the Haltech going to release an update with speed limiter cut option? I dont want to flash my ECU, I dont want to pay more for this and I definately dont want to pay for a standalone system. I believe that is only a software thing.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE