Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Glex, it was always intended to work the way it does now... they just had it coded backwards. It is "fixed" and should remain this way.

Raj, I have heard nothing about a delta load change though that doesn't rule it out.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

My data logs are ending up corrupt. When I hit view it tells me there was extra data in the frame or something and gives me the option of saving a binary dump. It calls it "fred.bin", attached. I was logging RPM, load, TPS, base fuel injection time, injector 1 injection time, O2 calibration Bank 2, O2 calibration Bank 1. I initially had a mix of 100ms and 5ms sampling, so I switched all of them to 100ms but both times got corrupt logs.

I will post over on the Haltech forum also Hal, but if you can confirm the problem and expedite resolution, that would be great.

Thanks.

EDIT: The Haltech forum doesn't allow attachments (zips anyway). I tried posting both my 70 kb and 200 kb dumps. The smaller one is allowed here at my350.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
fred.zip (39.6 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by rcdash; 06-30-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
Glex25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
My data logs are ending up corrupt. When I hit view it tells me there was extra data in the frame or something and gives me the option of saving a binary dump. It calls it "fred.bin", attached. I was logging RPM, load, TPS, base fuel injection time, injector 1 injection time, O2 calibration Bank 2, O2 calibration Bank 1. I initially had a mix of 100ms and 5ms sampling, so I switched all of them to 100ms but both times got corrupt logs.

I will post over on the Haltech forum also Hal, but if you can confirm the problem and expedite resolution, that would be great.

Thanks.

EDIT: The Haltech forum doesn't allow attachments (zips anyway). I tried posting both my 70 kb and 200 kb dumps. The smaller one is allowed here at my350.
I had the same problem Saturday.
Did you try to delete your old datalog and try starting fresh?

That worked for me
Old 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by Glex25
I had the same problem Saturday.
Did you try to delete your old datalog and try starting fresh?

That worked for me
Yep, when I changed parameters, it erased the log. I will try disabling the log, then erasing it, the restarting it.

thanks.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

rcdash, which software/firmware are you on now? Not sure what would be causing the corruption, but as a fix I would suggest you delete all the logged channels except 1 (required), change your trigger, disable logger, save the map, power down the ecu and ecu manager software. Then open ecu manager, power up ecu, change your trigger, add your channels, power cycle the ecu, and save your map.

Side note: you can now log 20 channels (increase from old 10 channel limit)
Old 07-01-2009, 05:38 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
rcdash, which software/firmware are you on now? Not sure what would be causing the corruption, but as a fix I would suggest you delete all the logged channels except 1 (required), change your trigger, disable logger, save the map, power down the ecu and ecu manager software. Then open ecu manager, power up ecu, change your trigger, add your channels, power cycle the ecu, and save your map.

Side note: you can now log 20 channels (increase from old 10 channel limit)
Thanks Hal. I will try that.

I have ECU manager 1.04, firmware 1.04, data log viewer 1.00 (not beta)
Old 07-01-2009, 05:49 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

1.04 and 1.04 should work perfect for you. Also, go to Help-About in the data log viewer.. mine is showing 1.1.0.2. What do you have?
Old 07-01-2009, 06:41 AM
rcdash

Thanks Hal. Darn it - work keeps me from getting the version - but maybe I'll sneak over to the parking garage at lunch time!

Hey, did you notice the new auxilliary fuel map? All we need is a timing map, and we'll have "spares" for failsafes!
Old 07-01-2009, 06:47 AM
Glex25

Thanks Hal. Darn it - work keeps me from getting the version - but maybe I'll sneak over to the parking garage at lunch time!

Hey, did you notice the new auxilliary fuel map? All we need is a timing map, and we'll have "spares" for failsafes!
So does that mean we will finally have a low boost and high boost map all in one
Old 07-01-2009, 08:54 AM
rcdash

So does that mean we will finally have a low boost and high boost map all in one
You can do that now. The 32 x 32 resolution for maps is so BIG you can easily fit all your boost levels in there (fuel, timing). Now having different boost control maps (i.e. duty cycle or target boost) would be nice so you can have external triggers that allow different boosts (like a scramble boost function) - that would be cool.

Having spare compensation maps that can be triggered by an external trigger (such as a line for METHANOL ON or METHANOL FAILURE) is something available in the Sports series and it is my understanding that development is aligning feature sets into the future. Looks like this new fuel map is the first step in that direction.

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
1.04 and 1.04 should work perfect for you. Also, go to Help-About in the data log viewer.. mine is showing 1.1.0.2. What do you have?
IT'S WORKING AGAIN! I didn't have to go through the series of steps to change parameters - just disabled log, erased log, re-enabled, rebooted ECU and was good to go.

My data log viewer says 1.1.0.0 by the way. But that was what was bundled from your website.

Last edited by rcdash; 07-01-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
JuJube

Thanks for the info Hal
Old 07-02-2009, 07:08 PM
rcdash

Hi Hal,

This new 1.04 package is pretty neat. It lets you play with the Sports series maps as well. Do you have a version that lets you edit advanced parameters like the transient throttle delta load dead band for the 350z maps?

I already tried to fool it by changing the extension of the 350z map to a hs2-104 but it's smart and knows it's a 350z map and hides certain menus and screens.

EDIT: Hal, sent you an e-mail today with some logs and also posted a pic on Haltech's user support forum related to transient throttle.

Last edited by rcdash; 07-03-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:45 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there a wiring diagram somewhere on how to setup the 2 step? I dont want to buy a KP module if the Haltech already does this

Thanks Hal for confirming that for me.
I have it set to the quick disconnect.
I'm not running a Relay.
I have no issue taking off the clutch pedal assembly again and replacing the switch if this is the way it is going to be from now on.

Also going to the new FW there would be no need to retune?
Car got tuned Saturday on Dyno but it will be awhile before we road tune
the way I'm figuring is that I should be k. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Glad to see you got home safe
Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
rcdash

http://www.injectedperformance.com/h...fo.htm#twostep

Lots of good info here: http://www.injectedperformance.com/haltech/

Last edited by rcdash; 07-16-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:32 AM
str8dum1

sweet.

It says supplied connectors, so I assume those 2 and 3 wire breakouts come with the haltech?

i'll have my haltech on tuesday, but it will sit until everything gets swapped.

Hopefully the unit fits behind my custom kickpanels.

Last edited by str8dum1; 07-17-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

rcdash, thanks for providing the links.

str8dum1, Yes, the mating two, three and four pin connectors come with the Haltech. I just updated the two step wiring information with regards to when it is active. Please review again, as Haltech reversed the activation permanently starting with firmware version 1.04.

http://www.injectedperformance.com/h...fo.htm#twostep
Old 07-17-2009, 06:17 AM
str8dum1

Edit-- i see a pic on injectedperformance where it has all the break out wires. the attached pic must be an older wiring harness.....

So for the 2step, you are basically just joining those 2 wires to a switch on the breakout to activate? Are there any relay diagrams on how you are incorporating those 2 trigger wires into the clutch switch?

Also, i guess you either use the AIT in the MAF or the external sensor, correct? I bought the external sensor so I can properly read AIT's after my meth nozzle.

Finally, does the Haltech shift light http://www.injectedperformance.com/e....aspx?ID=10388 work with the 350z PnP? Didnt see wiring diagram for that, so I guess not?
Attached Thumbnails Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE-haltech-harness.jpg  

Last edited by str8dum1; 07-17-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:21 AM
rcdash

I recall someone posted a DIY (but the wiring is now reversed as Hal mentioned).

You can use the AIT on the MAF sensor and in fact you will want to wire in your aftermarket AIT sensor (should you decide to use it) right into the MAF wiring so that the stock ECU still gets temp readings.

Not sure about the shift light (though the outgoing programmable aux line is there and could be used).

Last edited by rcdash; 07-18-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Glex25

I recall someone posted a DIY (but the wiring is now reversed as Hal mentioned).

You can use the AIT on the MAF sensor and in fact you will want to wire in your aftermarket AIT sensor (should you decide to use it) right into the MAF wiring so that the stock ECU still gets temp readings.

Not sure about the shift light (though the outgoing programmable aux line is there and could be used).
I wired my AIT directly to the Haltech.
Let the OEM MAF Harness alone so the OEM ECU is reading from the MAF and HAltech is reading from the IAT

As far as the wiring for the 2 step it's still the same you just need a N.O switch now instead of a N.C switch

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...h-control.html

KevinAPEX did a DIY for the 2 step in that thread but most pics don't work.
If you need the pictures I might have them and I will rehost them
Old 07-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Glex25

Originally Posted by kevinapex
It's all done, I added a normaly open micro switch at the bottom travel of the clutch, so when the clutch is all the way to the floor the Haltech will only let it rev. to pre-set, 2k, 3k, 8k, whatever you choose. Once you let off the clutch motor revs to redline.
I also added a over-ride toggle switch so when the switch is off, system works like above described, when toggle is set to the on position, regardless of clutch position motor will rev to redline.
Thanks Hal for the help, Haltech master!

Switch for the clutch- switch normally open.

Solder leads to switch/ ground one side to frame

Shrink wrap leads on switch

Clutch assembly

Drill hole in stop to locate switch

Switch location, clutch assembly back in car

Over-ride togg. switch location

Done

Spelled checked
Images Rehosted
Changed to current working switch

Last edited by Glex25; 07-18-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE