Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
captj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys keep saying to post on the pro efi forums but there is nobody there except you. Still waiting for updates and a official release date with prices.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by captj3
You guys keep saying to post on the pro efi forums but there is nobody there except you. Still waiting for updates and a official release date with prices.
I'm not on there... the admin checks the forum everyday. If you post a question, it will get answered. SP is working on a lot of projects, hence the don't get to post that much.

Offical Release has already happened.... contact Intense or SP for pricing.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:03 AM
BrazenZ

Getting the ECU is easy enough, getting someone in your area to tune it seems to a problem. No one seems to want to spend another $3000 for the tuner software. Captj3 is right in that SP doesn't list the ems unit on there web page as of 2 days ago.

Last edited by BrazenZ; 04-26-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:14 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed it in the car. Apparently there was a problem with the harness. I flat-bedded the car to my tuner, where we replaced the harness and I left the car in their possession for tuning. Should take approximately the better half of the week. I'll post feedback when I get it back. BTW, this will be a low boost tune (8psi) for built block Greddy Twins.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:09 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
Getting the ECU is easy enough, getting someone in your area to tune it seems to a problem. No one seems to want to spend another $3000 for the tuner software. Captj3 is right in that SP doesn't list the ems unit on there web page as of 2 days ago.

where did you came out with the 3000$ , jason doesnt even know if there will be pricing yet.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:47 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
where did you came out with the 3000$ , jason doesnt even know if there will be pricing yet.
I think he is refering to the Dealer Software?!?!?
Old 04-26-2008, 01:55 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
I installed it in the car. Apparently there was a problem with the harness. I flat-bedded the car to my tuner, where we replaced the harness and I left the car in their possession for tuning. Should take approximately the better half of the week. I'll post feedback when I get it back. BTW, this will be a low boost tune (8psi) for built block Greddy Twins.
You mean the harness that connects the ProEFI to the OEM ECU, right?

Looking forward to hearing your results, Randy...
Old 04-26-2008, 03:12 PM
rrmedicx

Originally Posted by __jb
You mean the harness that connects the ProEFI to the OEM ECU, right?

Looking forward to hearing your results, Randy...
Yeah. 10-4. The harness was making the car bug out. Once I swapped it out, all of the engine lights were back to normal. Now its up to my tuner to get the car running like I hope it does. My expectations are quite high after all of this downtime. Lets hope they live up to my expectations. In a week, I'll let you know.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 PM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by captj3
The ProEFI is released for the z/G, and is available for purchase through any of the dealers listed on the ProEFI site. SP, TurboTrix, Intensepower...etc.... Pricing on the unit varies with the sensors you choose, so contact any one of those dealers.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
That sucks to hear Randy..If you didnt have bad luck, you would have no luck at all...

A week however does seem like a long time to tune a car, I was under the impression that the EFI basically tuned itself like a magic VooDoo box or something...
Old 04-26-2008, 05:48 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

rrmedicx -- the my350z FI community is awaiting your review of the proEFI box! Are you going to go in to observe any of the tuning?
Old 04-26-2008, 06:57 PM
rrmedicx

Originally Posted by rcdash
rrmedicx -- the my350z FI community is awaiting your review of the proEFI box! Are you going to go in to observe any of the tuning?
I would love to but unfortunately I live in Brooklyn, NY and the shop is in NJ (about 35+ miles away), so it isn't going to be easy for me to get any real up to the minute feedback. I guess you'll be hearing from me by the end of the week.
I wish I could be there. You have no idea how much this is killing me.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:05 PM
SlideFox

I already know what most of you will say to this post, but here is some feedback from Supra owners, and there ProEFI EMS....

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=488199

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=488066

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=488131
Old 04-27-2008, 04:05 AM
Javierg35

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
That sucks to hear Randy..If you didnt have bad luck, you would have no luck at all...

A week however does seem like a long time to tune a car, I was under the impression that the EFI basically tuned itself like a magic VooDoo box or something...

1 + that was my impression too !!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:20 AM
App6MT

...I was under the impression that the EFI basically tuned itself like a magic VooDoo box or something...
Originally Posted by Javierg35
1 + that was my impression too !!!!
Add another one to that list. I've acctually been regretting my Haltech purchase (before I even get the car) just cause I failed to read up on the ProEFI and what it can do.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:39 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by App6MT
Add another one to that list.
I think alot of people are under that impression also... From what they keep making it sound, you will eliminate the "tuner" in the whole process and rely on the electronics to do the tuning for you.However i do not think this is the case..I think there has been a little bit of PRE-RELEASE HYPE and a bit of smoke and mirrors if you ask me, which has lead people to draw the wrong conclusions...
IMHO that is complete bull$hit to do..
I can not understand why Jason himself has not come on here and clarified the performance of the different models and what they can do "exactly". I personally think that would be the responsible approach if you ask me, and set all the "i heard it does this" and " I heard it does that" 's straight.....

Originally Posted by App6MT
I've acctually been regretting my Haltech purchase (before I even get the car) just cause I failed to read up on the ProEFI and what it can do.
I would not regret my Haltech purchase as of yet if I were you...An Fcon or Haltech can do wonders in the right hands. once properly tuned. As of now there is real life support for both Haltech and Fcon, and both have been used and proven for quite some time now..
As of now the PRO-EFI is VAPORWARE as far as I am concearned, and anyone who has purchased one is a BETA tester in My opinion..I would hope they are being GREATLY compensated for their efforts and the risks they are taking as BETA testers..

What makes me the most angry, is all the improper HYPE and useless threads on this unit without the proper answers from the proper sources..
Because as of now all you have, are one or two monopolizing"MAJOR DISTRIBUTERS" with an obvious vested interest in the unit's sales, creating release date and pricing threads that have gone on for several months, with no clear cut results and release dates and or pricing and availability..
Old 04-27-2008, 04:44 AM
App6MT

I would not regret my Haltech purchase as of yet if I were you...
After I posted I realized how it sounded to an outside reader. I don't regret it at all and I'm super excited about it. But I always have this thing in the back of my head that I didn't do enough research whenever I purchase something (from video games to cars to anything).

But like you said, it definitely seems like smoke and mirrors as of right now. A buddy of mine and I discussed the concept of self tuning before. There is a margin of error in any tuning session but I'd hate to see any EMS accidently blow a motor due to an incorrect tune on the fly (seems as easy as that, just turn up the boost and it compensates right?).

Anyways I look forward to more real world releases to see what this truly can accomplish.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:41 AM
SlideFox

I'm not sure where all the "smoke and mirrors" took place. If there was an incomplete review about this EMS from this thread, it would be more on SP then ProEFI.

The ProEFI features "Adaptive Learning". It still needs to be tuned, but this is what it does.....

Last edited by SlideFox; 04-27-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:42 AM
SlideFox

Adaptive Learning is a strategy used by O.E.M. automotive manufacturers to maintain long term tuning accuracy. This strategy allows for continuously changing climate conditions to be constantly compensated for by the ECU. This strategy is vastly different from closed loop type control systems. While Closed Loop and Adaptive Learning work together, with Closed loop systems, the system is always starting from the same point, so if you are 10% off on your base, then your closed loop system will always have to trim that 10% out every time it hits that point in the mapping. With adaptive learning, the ECU learns this 10% error, and changes the value in the map at that point. This allows for the closed loop system to work more effectively, keeping the Closed Loop system to minimal changes.

There are several strategies with the ProEFI ECU that incorporate Adaptive learning.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:42 AM
SlideFox

Idle Control - Obtaining a proper Idle control on a warmed up engine is the easy part. The challenge arrives when that given amount of air required to obtain the desired Idle RPM changes. When the engine gets cold, the oil viscosity changes and the engine becomes harder to turn over, requiring more air to get the same idle RPM. So you now have varying base idle settings to obtain the same idle rpm under different conditions. While closed loop systems help with this condition, the errors vary greatly under the different conditions, making the closed loop system fluctuate more while trying to eliminate the error against the target. Incorporating Adaptive learning to the Idle control strategy allows for constant adjustments to the base idle tables. This means less idle fluctuation with changing temperatures, and less setup to “dial” in the idle control.

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!