Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 03:33 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
proEFI developer support of tuner shops in an unbiased fashion is relevant to the community as a whole. I hope they work it out. It's win-win for everyone involved and it's good for business.

When I went with the Haltech, I had to go a bit on faith as customers for the proEFI are doing now. I made the leap in large part because of support from Sharif and Hal, working together.
correct and you didn't do a bad decisions, they do great work as you were familiar....
Its similar case with me, I am familiar with the work intense and SP have done
Old 04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
proEFI developer support of tuner shops in an unbiased fashion is relevant to the community as a whole. It's win-win for everyone involved and it's good for business.
I agree with you. My points were very valid and on topic.I asked for some clarification on the Units and their release date and availability, as well as any features that may have been misinterpreted by myself or the masses.

A healthy debate or conversation is good as a whole. I do feel the selection process that Jason made and how he treated me, a well respected 350z Shop owner that has been working on the cars since their release, is VERY relevant as a whole to the sales and mearketing of the PRO EFI.

As far as the Supra guys giving rave reviews about the ProEFI, can we put into perspective what the Supra guys came from..They were running mostly AEM units with notoriously high failure rates on the injector drivers, as well as amature tuners that couldnt perfect dirvability or cold starts..SO anyhting was a vast improvement, be it PRO EFI, Haltech, Fcon, Motec, ect..The supras also overcame less hurdles as 350z owners had to to reach the level we are at today. Boositng a factory turbo charged car, with a bulletproof stock bottom end is far easier that boosting a 350z reliably.

The Supra guys took several years to reach the repsectable power levels we have reached, and even more time to achieve the insane power levels we see today from Supra's. It was a long learning curve in both communities, but now the Supras have a proven formula for sucess, where as 350z owners are still in their so called "teething phase".

Last edited by Julian@MRC; 04-28-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:55 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know a few members have mentioned that they are awaiting reviews. I just want to say for comparison sake that I have experience only with the following 2 fuel management devices. The EMFU Control box with the ProCharger and the UTEC both NA and with Turbonetics. I have ZERO experience with driving an FCON or Haltech equipped vehicle.

My car is 100% complete and in the hands of TurboTrix for tuning. I don't expect them to do any mechanical work on the car since I completed the install myself. But if anything should happen in the course of tuning that would be the only reason for delay. Otherwise i expect to get the car back hopefully by weeks end. So very soon guys. I will only post when I have a chance to drive it and get you some real feedback. Thanks for your patience.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:58 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, all we can really say is we hope Julian and Jason can work out there differences, and bring an excellent product to a well known 350Z shop on the East Coast.

(Given, if MRC wants to become a ProEFI dealer)
Old 04-28-2008, 10:12 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
I highly doubt that someone as respected as Jason, would set up dealers just becuase they are "buddies", and put the reputation of his company in incapable hands. It is obvious from the dealers listed on the ProEFI website that they are only looking for highly qualified dealers. Their dealer list reads like a best of the best in tuners! To say that TurboTrix isn't one of those is simply an amazing understatement. When you can make reliable power from a 2.0liter 4cylinder at 1000AWHP, I think you have accomplished an incredible feat. Give someone with that kind of experience a 3.5+liter 6cylinder, and look out! The Z community is definately lucky to have a shop on the east coast with that kind of experience, and I am sure that is why ProEFI chose them as a dealer! On the flip side, just because you are a dealer with a good "rep", doesn't mean you know how to use a product like this..
Listen lets put this back on topic.You are not Jason so stop speaking for him. I am sure if jason did his research he would know TTR's background as anyone in NJ can attest to it. I am not here to slander or talk about bad about anyone. I just dont see a need for your posts when you are not Jason or MRC. NOW BACK ON TOPIC LAST TIME.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:13 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by SlideFox
I highly suggest no further posting in this thread BY ANYONE unless it pertains to features of the ProEFI.

All this personal BS being introduced into this thread is creating a lot of negativity towards products and persons on both sides of the ball.
correct
Old 04-28-2008, 10:15 PM
SlideFox

Thanks Rome!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:17 PM
SlideFox

Thanks Dave!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:34 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My car is up and running on the base map from PRO-EFI. I will have it tuned and ready to go shortly. I'm just waiting on my AAM Exhaust and Down pipes.

I will give open, honest feedback when I have driven my car and can speak intelligently about the experience.

BTW, this is my first FI car, and I have never driven one with another after market EMS, but I have a good idea of what things to look for.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:29 AM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

this is what I ask the proEFI admin ((nice fourm they have))
HI,,, I JUST WANT TO ASK IF THE UNIT WELL WORK WITH THE VQ35HR 07/08. TANKS ALOT

his replay:

We haven't put one on an 08 as of yet, and there is little information about those vehicles out at this time. We would love to get a vehicle in and test it if you happen to be local in the Phoenix area. We have run the HR engine on previous models, but we can't say for sure on the 2008 model
Old 04-29-2008, 06:10 AM
old school 280

Originally Posted by mrg1981
My car is up and running on the base map from PRO-EFI. I will have it tuned and ready to go shortly. I'm just waiting on my AAM Exhaust and Down pipes.

I will give open, honest feedback when I have driven my car and can speak intelligently about the experience.

BTW, this is my first FI car, and I have never driven one with another after market EMS, but I have a good idea of what things to look for.
I see you have said it is FI. Which turbo kit do you have?

Last edited by old school 280; 04-29-2008 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:12 AM
Shabib67

Originally Posted by midz350
HI,,, I JUST WANT TO ASK IF THE UNIT WELL WORK WITH THE VQ35HR 07/08. TANKS ALOT

his replay:

We haven't put one on an 08 as of yet, and there is little information about those vehicles out at this time. We would love to get a vehicle in and test it if you happen to be local in the Phoenix area. We have run the HR engine on previous models, but we can't say for sure on the 2008 model
I saw your thread and dont understand if their is a difference between the 07 and 08 Z's? What does he mean that they ran the HR on previous models? Did they engine swap them into earlier Z's?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:21 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by Shabib67
I saw your thread and dont understand if their is a difference between the 07 and 08 Z's? What does he mean that they ran the HR on previous models? Did they engine swap them into earlier Z's?
I think he meant to say the DE engine on previous models?!?!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:29 AM
old school 280

should work on 07 as the motors are "DE". the 08 is the "HR" and i think that is what Jason is referring to.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:40 AM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by r0mey
Listen lets put this back on topic.You are not Jason so stop speaking for him. I am sure if jason did his research he would know TTR's background as anyone in NJ can attest to it. I am not here to slander or talk about bad about anyone. I just dont see a need for your posts when you are not Jason or MRC. NOW BACK ON TOPIC LAST TIME.

http://proefiforum.forumakers.com/tu...rix-t19.htm#54

Well I guess that settles that. I don't see how this isn't pertanent to products announcements. People want to know where they can purchase and get the ProEFI tuned. TurboTrix is one of those places. So...I called TurboTrix and asked them about availability and pricing. THey have units in stock, and the basic package has a price of $2021, this includes the necessary sensors. Tuning is extra, and depends upon the total setup of extra features of the proefi. Launch control, nitrous control, boost control, so call him for a quote on tuning for your needs.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by midz350

his replay:

yeah man, just give it some time. THere is not a whole lot of market on the HR engine yet since there are not even a whole lot of people FI yes as with the older VQ
Old 04-29-2008, 06:46 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by old school 280
I see you have said it is FI. Which turbo kit do you have?
jim i think he is running a greddy kit with sgp long block and tranny
Hes got a pretty nice setup
Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Is there an updated feature matrix for the 128 vs the 48 available? The one on the 2nd page of this thread has some errors based on clarifications some have made (USB connection, individual cylinder knock detection etc).

EDIT: I did try to look for this on the ProEFI website - not even the old one is there that I can see.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-29-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:00 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Heys,

Mods, thank you for cleaning up.

mrg1981 is not our customer -- rather, he is a customer of a local, upstanding shop whom is doing a full build, GReddy TT, built SGP 5AT, etc in combination with ProEFI 48. I have met him, however, and can tell you that as a professional business owner, he will provide objective, intelligent, and thorough reviews of not only the ProEFI 48, but also the ENTIRE build/experience.

D

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!