Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:39 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
ok
i am not going to keep linking you proefi site for the info(since you still dont seem to want to read) on what VE is, what knock control features the proefi does nor how adaptive learning works on the proefi to wow you anymore, but check this info posted from a proefi user:

That example is pretty amazing IMO.
QuickSilver, I have been monitoring the forums for the ProEFI, not just this one, and I'm just waiting for Zs/Gs to provide full feedback. The features are amazing, as marketed, and I'm well aware of the claims and the positive responses starting to roll in now for the Supra community.

And again no disagreement, this ECU is raising the bar on features, including a lot of safety and reliability controls, which is outstanding. Sorry if I'm stuck on the concept of 3rd party validation for our platform. I'm sure it will come...
Old 04-27-2008, 08:51 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash
QuickSilver, I have been monitoring the forums for the ProEFI, not just this one, and I'm just waiting for Zs/Gs to provide full feedback. The features are amazing, as marketed, and I'm well aware of the claims and the positive responses starting to roll in now for the Supra community.

And again no disagreement, this ECU is raising the bar on features, including a lot of safety and reliability controls, which is outstanding. Sorry if I'm stuck on the concept of 3rd party validation for our platform. I'm sure it will come...
I think that statement sums it up. As of right now, the only end-user feedback is through the few vehicle out of Intense Motorsports. As soon as Randy gets his car back from Turbo Trix, I'm sure we will all be awaiting his review. As well as the forum member who's current vehicle is at Sound performance getting a built motor and a ProEFI EMS.

I do know there are some forum sponsors that are looking into becoming ProEFI dealers, but until that happens. Vehicle owners feedback will have to do!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Some more world records on the dyno and on the drag strip should help too.
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash

10-4 Raj(sp)
the whole 3rd party validation has a special meaning(and resulting action) in the z comunity after the vrt scams...I think you gotto consider the comments in their case from experienced tuners with many years of experience. THanks for your patience lets jsut give things their time to evolve. You know this isnt a thread based on theory only cause there is a product to show for and dynosheets already, so its just a matter of time.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-27-2008 at 09:00 PM.
SlideFox

For what it's worth.... hear is a thread from Supra Forums where Sound Performance, John Reed, and Titan Motorsports did a feature comparison between the ProEFI, and the Motec EMS.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=487476

I know a Haltech/HKS F-Con V-Pro/ProEFI comparison would be better, but this is what is available right now.

I'm sure most of you know, but for those of you who don't.... John Reed and Titian Motorsports are two builders/tuners that have been in the industry for a LONG time, and tune vehicles all over the world.

Last edited by SlideFox; 04-27-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:58 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
^ Some more world records on the dyno and on the drag strip should help too.
Your right Rude... the World Records that have been set recently (In the VQ and Supra Community) will speak for themselves when posted.

That's for another thread though....
Old 04-27-2008, 09:01 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by SlideFox
For what it's worth.... hear is a thread from Supra Forums where Sound Performance, John Reed, and Titan Motorsports did a feature comparison between the ProEFI, and the Motec EMS.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=487476

I know a Haltech/HKS F-Con V-Pro/ProEFI comparison would be better, but this is what is available right now.
Mike,

The link doesn't work unless you are a registered user on Supra Forums.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:04 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is Jason from ProEFI.

I do not post on forums, as I don’t have the time to spend. We have our own forums, and a website ( www.proefi.com ) that has plenty of information and answers to your questions. I was asked to make a post on here to help clear some things up. In the future please visit our website/forums for details on our products for these vehicles.
Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
Please show me the posts, links and pictures to prove those dozen people are actually runing these units..I have seen only 5 or so and all were from Intense.. :
There are actually 14 cars currently running our ecu on various setups of G’s, and Z’s. We at ProEFI thoroughly test our products before we release them to the public. All of our dealers are some of the most competent dealers in the industry, and we do NOT distribute our product. Our dealers have the option to set up dealers underneath them IF it makes sense for the dealer and the customer.

SO how does this "adaptive learining" differ from the various temperature and pressure compensation maps available on the Fcon and Haltech? There are many maps on those units that interpolate and make the needed changes to the base map in the same mannner.. Bottom line, evey unit tuned to 11.5 A/F at WOT and 12psi will have the same A/F in 20 degree weather, and 100degree weather, with various barometric pressures we see in the North East..Im still not 100% familiar with the adaptive learning process, although it does seem pretty interesting. What im getting out of it, is that it calculates the engine load based off of Fuel injectors,fuel pressure, engine volume, and atmospheric conditions.. :
Look up tuning (Haltech, Motec, AEM, etc…) is just that, there are no adaptive tables to continuously compensate for atmospheric conditions on a day to day basis. To discard this ability is to say that the factories are wasting millions of dollars every year to develop software and hardware capable of keeping the engine in a state of tune to meet the ever increasing emissions demands put on them by the federal government. While the internal combustion engine has been around for a very long time, there are still unknown dynamics that can’t be calculated for by simply setting up a few trims with sensor inputs. That is why the factories have long term and short term fuel trims, incredibly sophisticated knock control strategies, etc…. This ability is critical to achieve the drivability that late model cars have achieved.

That sounds like a good idea, perhaps i shall... :
Julian, do we really need to bring this conversation to a public forum?

Im sorry, Perhaps I misinterpreted what Randy Said, when he said they would have the car for a week..Perhaps other work was being performed on it also..
You are correct, they are competant, perhaps we are not..If that is what you are reffering to...But I thought the unit "ADaptive LEarns", therefore wouldnt the cold starts be learned and on point once the base start up map is set??
At no point was it stated by ProEFI, or any of our employees that a vehicle would not need to be setup and tuned. The base maps that are provided are just that, one cannot assume that two modified vehicles are modified the same way. Once the vehicle has been set up and tuned, then yes…you can forget about it, and the tuner will no longer be needed. If you make a change to the engine such as changing cams, or putting a fuel system on the car, then the tuner will need to address those changes. Will the car need to be completely re-tuned? Absolutely not! Change the cams, you will need to change the fuel curve, and the timing curve a bit. Change the fuel system, and you will simply need to tell the computer the new size of the injectors, and what type of fuel system you have installed…that’s it!
As for the differences in the 128 and the 48, they are minimal for the average car.

The things you gain on the 128 are in short:

*More stages of nitrous
*Differential Wheel speed traction control
*Variable cam control (the 48 leaves the stock computer controlling it, and thus far is doing an excellent job and really isn’t worth the upgrade alone.)
*Electronic Throttle control (the 48 also leaves the stock computer in control of that as well. We have seen absolutely NO reason for trying to eliminate the stock computers control over the ETC…. it does what you ask every time!)
Dual Internal Wideband O2 control

I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. If you have any questions, feel free and post them on the ProEFI forums, linked from our website.

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate Intensepower, and Powerlab in breaking the record for a 6spd VQ powered car. Although this isn’t the time they know the car is capable of, poor track conditions were all that kept them short of their goal. The G35 ran 11.002@ a little over 129mph spinning the tires through first gear and part of 2nd. I must say they put an excellent car together, and offered me the privilege of driving the car for them! Expect these numbers to drop dramatically in the very near future!
Take care, and drive safe!

EDIT-- to say that the world record was taken in the car's 3rd pass. So, to answer Rcdash's question about who has the world's quickest, fastest street VQ35de 6-spd stock crank, stock block, full weight car, it has a ProEFI on it!

Jason Siebels
ProEFI

Last edited by IntenseFab; 04-27-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM
SlideFox

And there you have it folks... from the horses mouth!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by IntenseFab
EDIT-- to say that the world record was taken in the car's 3rd pass. So, to answer Rcdash's question about who has the world's quickest, fastest street VQ35de 6-spd stock crank, stock block, full weight car, it has a ProEFI on it!
pretty amazing, and the car as a widebody kit and cage(weight ) and def not as prepped for 1/4mile as other cars... pretty amazing....i think this was done on the stag1 turbo kit with the gt37r....not even maxed out, 21 psi i think

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-27-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
IntenseFab
Sponsor
Intense Motorsports

Car weighs 3574lbs w/ driver. Video tomorrow!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
pretty amazing, and the car as a widebody kit and cage(weight ) and def not as prepped for 1/4mile as other cars... pretty amazing....i think this was done on the stag1 turbo kit with the gt37r....not even maxed out, 21 psi i think
Hence why you and I are having the PowerLab kit and ProEFI installed on our cars.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Jason, thanks for your reply; clarification.

As it's been suggested by many people in this thread, there is an actual ProEFI Forum dedicated to ProEFI questions, tech support, everything. For as much drama as this thread has seen as of late, I'm surprised to not see new user accounts over there. My hope is that the concerns surrounding ProEFI is legit, and not just to tarnish and blemish the unit -- as it would be a disservice and disrespect to this community to not give serious consideration and inquiry into EVERY new advancement in this market.

The various results of ProEFI not only in this community, but also in the 2jz-gte community have all been successful and are super exciting! For companies like SP and Intense who have been building street driven 8-9 second cars for close to a decade now, we have the option of ANY engine management out there. We, of course, require the best, as not only are our reputations on the line, but also continuing to build the cars to our caliber require it!

While it's been stated as well that there seems to be a "vested interest" by a couple of vendors, the statement is misleading. Both SP and Intense cut their teeth building street driven Supra's since the late 1990's. We both came to the table a little late, as prior obligations, builds, projects required our attention until late -- but what we HAVE quickly achieved is due partly to our collective experience, as well as ProEFI! I think it's belittling to us to say that we have a vested interest -- as if somehow we are propositioning, marketing ProEFI out of pure greed and profit. Time will show that this engine management will make huge strides in this and many other markets! We're all very excited about it, and look forward to more records being broken with it!

I will be posting a video today. It will show the new 1/4 mile world record for VQ35de 6MT on a full weight G35 Coupe. The car, of course, has a ProEFI on it

Thank for reading, and again, thanks Jason!

Darren
Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Shabib67

Intense Power can you send me a pm a price of the Pro EFI 128 ECU with all the additional components.

p.s. will this ecu work on the HR motors?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:11 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hey,

I can quote you, but Jason is still working on the HR computer. You may want to sign up for a user account on ProEFI.com forum, and ask them though. Thanks!

Darren
Old 04-28-2008, 11:14 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

CLICK HERE FOR LINK TO WORLD RECORD THREAD

Thanks!

D
Old 04-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Shabib67

I was just on the Pro-EFI forum and there was a thread already talking about the HR motors. Seems like Jason has not tested one on the HR motors and is actually looking for a test subject. So it seems it will be a while before the Pro-EFI comes out for the HR motors.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:18 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Shabib67
I was just on the Pro-EFI forum and there was a thread already talking about the HR motors. Seems like Jason has not tested one on the HR motors and is actually looking for a test subject. So it seems it will be a while before the Pro-EFI comes out for the HR motors.
werd, kind of a smaller market at this point... not a whole lot of FI cars on the HR engine yet.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:51 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Julian take it to pms and keep it in pms. No one cares about TTR or your business dealings gone wrong with pro-efi or jason. Don't OT this thead again thank you
Old 04-28-2008, 03:15 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by r0mey
Julian take it to pms and keep it in pms. No one cares about TTR or your business dealings gone wrong with pro-efi or jason. Don't OT this thead again thank you
proEFI developer support of tuner shops in an unbiased fashion is relevant to the community as a whole. I hope they work it out. It's win-win for everyone involved and it's good for business.

When I went with the Haltech, I had to go a bit on faith as customers for the proEFI are doing now. I made the leap in large part because of support from Sharif and Hal, working together.

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!