Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by App6MT
Another valid point. In the short bit of reading I did last night it seems the 48pin is roughly 2k so I am scared to even ask what the 128pin will go up to.
I do believe all the features I was Quoted from Jason himself were on the 128 pin one..I could be wrong..
Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
App6MT

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
I do believe all the features I was Quoted from Jason himself were on the 128 pin one..I could be wrong..
So does the 48pin have adaptive learning?

The front page says the 128pin will control EVERYTHING but I don't know what that entails.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

So does the 48pin have adaptive learning?

The front page says the 128pin will control EVERYTHING but I don't know what that entails.
No clue, only way is to keep asking questions to get the answers. There is no such thing as a stupid question.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:22 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Another valid point. In the short bit of reading I did last night it seems the 48pin is roughly 2k so I am scared to even ask what the 128pin will go up to.

128pin is about 800-900 more i think...

what features are you refering about that you dont see in the 48pin vs the 128pin... adaptive learning, true knock control strategies, direct fire ignition, true VE, VCT....all those are standard features on both units btw

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-27-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:51 PM
GolfinZ

From talking with QuickSilver and Darren at Intense, none of the Z/G's are using the 128 pin, they are all on the 48 pin. They both have told me that the 48 pin will be robust enough to tune even the highest hp Z/G...just look at their dynographs with ZERO smoothing, it appears to be an alright unit
Old 04-27-2008, 05:14 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Jason...
Sorry... Not Jason!
Old 04-27-2008, 05:19 PM
1ZweetZ

Please show me the posts, links and pictures to prove those dozen people are actually runing these units..I have seen only 5 or so and all were from Intense..

SO how does this "adaptive learining" differ from the various temperature and pressure compensation maps available on the Fcon and Haltech? There are many maps on those units that interpolate and make the needed changes to the base map in the same mannner.. Bottom line, evey unit tuned to 11.5 A/F at WOT and 12psi will have the same A/F in 20 degree weather, and 100degree weather, with various barometric pressures we see in the North East..Im still not 100% familiar with the adaptive learning process, although it does seem pretty interesting. What im getting out of it, is that it calculates the engine load based off of Fuel injectors,fuel pressure, engine volume, and atmospheric conditions..:
Well if you have seen 5 or so, that must mean that's all there is... I personally only know of a couple of people running Haltechs, so.....I guess there are only two of those out there.

Adaptive learning is just that, Haltech, Fcon, Motec, etc... none of those ECU's adaptively learn. If you are a dealer for those ecu's you should well know this. Bottom line, when you tune one of those ecu's it WILL vary with weather conditions, even the factory ecu's do...but they adaptively trim (learn) just like the ProEFI does.... that what makes the unit so incredible.

That sounds like a good idea, perhaps i shall...

Im sorry, Perhaps I misinterpreted what Randy Said, when he said they would have the car for a week..Perhaps other work was being performed on it also..:
I think that would make more sense than rambling on with assumptions and here say.

You are correct, they are competant, perhaps we are not..If that is what you are reffering to...But I thought the unit "ADaptive LEarns", therefore wouldnt the cold starts be learned and on point once the base start up map is set??
I'm sure that since they are competant tuners, they aren't planning on assuming that it will be right and send the car out the door. I'm guessing they would want to make SURE the car is right before delivering it to the customer.

BTW, I never said the turbonetics was an ecu, however it is a "tune" and I use that term loosely. Nevertheless, it is a state people drive their cars around in.

Last edited by 1ZweetZ; 04-27-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:19 PM
App6MT

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
128pin is about 800-900 more i think...

what features are you refering about that you dont see in the 48pin vs the 128pin... adaptive learning, true knock control strategies, direct fire ignition, true VE, VCT....all those are standard features on both units btw
Ok great, that sounds good. Sorry, I think along all of the reading I couldn't decipher which features would belong to what.

If the 48pin is so good what good is the 128pin? I would assume that Supra's right now have the option for both while they are still working on the VQ for the 128.

So what would be the benefit of waiting for the 128? Feel free to point me to a specific thread and I will read there.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:25 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The phase "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" comes to mind.....

If you want ProEFI to answer your questions directly; post your questions on....

ProEFI Forum

Everyone who has posted on the ProEFI forum, has had there questions answered.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:15 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
I hope the PROEFI is everything that you claim 1ZweetZ if so I will purchase one soon , but I am waiting (like many others ) for some independent verification. You, Slidefox and 2quicksilver2 and a few others keep talking this ems up and I have noticed that you all state your location as Arizona, I can't help but think you may have some affiliation with SP. If this is purely coincidental then I apologize in advance.
To 2quicksilver2, Are you officially affiliated with SP? Do you own a PROEFI? I know that you try to help answer people's questions on this thread, it would help to know how you come by your information. Is it pure research from other forums? Please understand I am not flaming anyone, I just like to understand where your coming from.
Those of us from AZ that you have seen post about the ProEFI are customers affiliated with Intense Motorsports; not Sound Performance (which is in Chicago).

I can understand and appreciate that to some outside observers here on the forums it appears that a bunch of Intense nuthuggers are hyping or promoting this engine management system. I know you guys want and need to hear good things from other independent sources. All I can say is... Please try to be patient while ProEFI sets up other dealers in other states and gets this product into some Z's and G's across the country.

There are very good and valid reasons why you are hearing high praise about the ProEFI from Intense and it's customers. For those of you who don't know, Jason is local to us here in AZ. Therefore, he has done a lot of R & D work on this engine management at Intense. I know of 6 cars off the top of my head at Intense (that I'm personally familiar with) which have the ProEFI installed:
  • the Intense widebody G (48 PIN)
  • the PowerLab twin GT37R Z of mazzoo (48 PIN)
  • IIQuickSilverII's Z (48 PIN)
  • foreingsoda's G35 (48 PIN)
  • a Z currently in NA stock form (48 PIN)
  • Saad's 1500whp Supra (128 PIN)
You have seen the dynographs for the top 4 cars in their dedicated threads here. I think the dynographs speak for themselves. As IIQuickSilverII stated, the 48 PIN unit has the features that most of us will ever want and/or need in a high power daily driven VQ that also sees some track time including the adaptive learning, volumetric efficiency, 2-step, launch control features, boost control, water/meth control, nitrous control, etc., etc.

I have been at the shop on a weekly basis, have first hand knowledge of seeing most of the above cars on the dyno, and seeing what this engine management can do. I often see Jason at the shop and ask him questions on a regular basis. I was on the back of the Intense widebody G while it set world records on the dyno. I have also seen the Intense widebody G, Saad's Supra, and the NA Z on multiple occasions at the track. The performances at the track have been very impressive to say the least, but I will leave that for future threads.

Us Intense customers are lucky that the epicenter for the development of the ProEFI for the VQ platform is at our shop. We are very fortunate to be the first recipients of Jason's hard work and to have him personally tuning our cars.

My G is currently at Intense for a build. Based on everything that I know and have seen, I have purchased the 48 PIN ProEFI for my car. I intend to post a review once my car is complete.

I hope this helps explain why those of us from the Intense camp are so enthusiastic about ProEFI.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-27-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:31 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
The Haltech Platnum is a BRAN NEW ecu, by comparison the ProEFI is the elder on the block of these ecu's. THey are using O.E. production ecu's that have been in Millions of vehicles world wide since 2000. Not to mention it is the Fastest ECU of the bunch, by far at 56mhz.

As for "Major Distributors" near as I can tell...there aren't any. According to their website ( www.proefi.com ), they ONLY have dealers. I am guessing that the dealers job is to make money... I don't know of any shops doing this stuff as charity work.

What makes me "Angry" is that people like you are on the forums giving bad information just because you don't want to take the time to read what is already out there.
This is pure marketing B.S. As if the clock speed of a single chip in that box is directly related to anything. Millions of units, eh? In production since 2000? That would make it pretty outdated from a technology standpoint.

If the unit is a good unit, it will stand the test of time, and end users, tuners, and shop owners will provide positive feedback. No need to go spouting off meaningless factoids from the sales brochure! The unit should sell itself on its own merits. I personally think it has a lot of potential but it's capabilities have been way overhyped. Having adaptive trims for automatically adjusting to conditions is great, but it's also one of the greatest downfalls of stock ECUs: unpredictability. Even with "non-learning" standalones on the market today, the number of compensation maps makes fine, granular tuning and adaptation to changing conditions completely feasible - and you can control every last bit without interference from a program that thinks it's smarter than the original tuner.

Not saying the ProEFI can't deliver, just saying it's got to earn it's place alongside the other top units...

Last edited by rcdash; 04-27-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by rcdash
This is pure marketing B.S. As if the clock speed of a single chip in that box is directly related to anything. Millions of units, eh? In production since 2000? That would make it pretty outdated from a technology standpoint.

If the unit is a good unit, it will stand the test of time, and end users, tuners, and shop owners will provide positive feedback. No need to go spouting off meaningless factoids from the sales brochure! The unit should sell itself on its own merits. I personally think it has a lot of potential but it's capabilities have been way overhyped. Having adaptive trims for automatically adjusting to conditions is great, but it's also one of the greatest downfalls of stock ECUs: unpredictability. Even with "non-learning" standalones on the market today, the number of compensation maps makes fine, granular tuning and adaptation to changing conditions completely feasible - and you can control every last bit without interference from a program that thinks it's smarter than the original tuner.

Not saying the ProEFI can't deliver, just saying it's got to earn it's place alongside the other top units...
So you are still running a 100mhz machine for your pc...huh! Who said anything about 1 chip??? The technology being used by the O.E.'s in 2000 is still WAY ahead of ANY aftermarket ecu out right now ( Except the ProEFI) ! Most are still using technology from the late 80's to early 90's. Just becuase an ecu is released today, doesn't mean it is using the latest technology.

The downfall of the stock computer is not unpredictability...computers ONLY do what they are told, and are 100% predictable. The downfall of stock computers is you can't tell them what to do... the manufacturer does, and you and the manufacturer want 2 different things. This ecu does what you tell it to do...with the SAME safeguards the factories have. If you think that the current model ecu's are able to maintain a proper tune under all conditions, you need to talk to people with more experience with them.... as they do NOT!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
rcdash

Well if you have seen 5 or so, that must mean that's all there is... I personally only know of a couple of people running Haltechs, so.....I guess there are only two of those out there.
It would be interesting to do a poll of those that turn out for the FI Top Dawg Airport Run in NC, with Z's from all over the Eastern USA. Wonder what the ratio of FCONs, UTECs, Haltechs, and ProEFI units show up? No, actually it's not necessary, because we all know already.

Not trying to antagonize, but Julian has a point. The proEFI unit is newer. The feedback has yet to trickle in from end users.

I for one want to hear from QuickSilver, Rmedicxx, and other Z/G owners when they get their cars back and post back onto the forums. I'd also like to hear from shop owners that have a solid rep on the forum and can provide 3rd party validation - and Julian is one of 'em. I want to hear the good and the bad from those that can compare and contrast to the other top units.

When is this unit going to get into the hands of other shop owners?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Rcdash, you have ZERO experience with the proefi, i know you run the haltech; i have not made a single comment about them negativly because, i have no experience with then, and also i know what kind of work injected has put on the ecus and i am sure its a very capable unit. BUT I cannot comment more than that cause i have zero experience.
I am aware of the kind of work injected has put before and what Sp and intense have and they neither shop would support a product this way if they didnt trust on its quality. You are probably not familiar with the work this shops have put together in the past, they have quite a history of putting amazing builds.
Your concerns about adaptive learning have been answered already on this thread or supraforums or proefi.com thread. check on the knock control strategies and compare to that of what the fcon does.

It would be interesting to do a poll of those that turn out for the FI Top Dawg Airport Run in NC, with Z's from all over the Eastern USA. Wonder what the ratio of FCONs, UTECs, Haltechs, and ProEFI units show up? No, actually it's not necessary, because we all know already.
thats truly narrow minded comment... its like saying how many greddy emanage computers have been sold today, or how many more aems units have been sold over the fcon

Not trying to antagonize, but Julian has a point. The proEFI unit is newer. The feedback has yet to trickle in from end users.
this is true, and i agree with julian, perhaps Proefi or SP should post here as much as they do in the supra forums with info. So if the feedback from no-AZ member is what you need then jsut be a little patient, but there is not need to antagonize, maybe youa re not trying to but you are making comments based on something you dont know or have no experience... i think rudes post explained that well.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-27-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
rcdash

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Rcdash, you have ZERO experience with the proefi, i know you run the haltech; i have not made a single comment about them negativly because, i have no experience with then, and also i know what kind of work injected has put on the ecus and i am sure its a very capable unit. BUT I cannot comment more than that cause i have zero experience. Your concerns about adaptive learning have been answered already on this thread or supraforums or proefi.com thread. check on the knock control strategies and compare to that of what the fcon does.

thats truly narrow minded comment... its like saying how many greddy emanage computers have been sold today, or how many more aems units have been sold over the fcon
...so that would lump me together with 99.999999% of the world's population - that's my point.

Guys, I'm not knocking the ProEFI. I have a concern about our stock ECUs because that is something I have some experience with - and this unit has been likened to share a similar design philosophy. I do not approve of the marketing BS that users are posting on this unit before 3rd party validation has been documented.

All I'm saying is wait for the claims and abilities of the unit to be validated by 3rd parties before hyping it up on public forums. Putting it in the hands of shop owners and tuners who will then have the option to install into customers' cars is the ticket to get the ball rolling.

Until then forgive me if I'm unimpressed by a 56 Mhz clock speed.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-27-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:12 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
The performances at the track have been very impressive to say the least, but I will leave that for future threads.

I hope this helps explain why those of us from the Intense camp are so enthusiastic about ProEFI.

like this past weekend
Old 04-27-2008, 08:21 PM
1ZweetZ

I bet that the highest number of ecu's will be stock! So what exactly are you trying to say? Why don't we see who has the fastest street car at that event... and go from there.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:26 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Until then forgive me if I'm unimpressed by a 56 Mhz clock speed.
ok
i am not going to keep linking you proefi site for the info(since you still dont seem to want to read) on what VE is, what knock control features the proefi does nor how adaptive learning works on the proefi to wow you anymore, but check this info posted from a proefi user:

Originally Posted by Saad Saad
... Now the computer does not just tell you what the sensors are saying, it reacts to them. For example, if it sees that your boost climbing and your fuel pressure is falling or not climbing at the proper rate, it will drop your boost to spring pressure and retard timing to save your engine. Than it will turn on the check engine light and tell you why it did it. How many other aftermarket ECM's can do that?

Let me give you another example. The back pressure sensor starts to rise at an abnormal rate as compared to boost pressure. The ECM throws a check engine light and tells you that you have a boost leak. How cool is that? There is a reason this thing is on my car. Just like everyone and there mother wants to run a 88-47 turbo on a Supra, like me, they are going to want to put this ECM on them too.
That example is pretty amazing IMO.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-27-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:29 PM
rcdash

I bet that the highest number of ecu's will be stock! So what exactly are you trying to say? Why don't we see who has the fastest street car at that event... and go from there.
No, not in the FI Top Dawg Airport Run - don't think so... C'mon I was just making a point since you did the same with Julian.

Who has the fastest street car? LOL. Bring it!

Is someone representing the ProEFI group? That would be awesome, sincerely! Last day for sign up is May 10th.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:31 PM
IIQuickSilverII

No, not in the FI Top Dawg Airport Run - don't think so... C'mon I was just making a point since you did the same with Julian.

Who has the fastest street car? LOL. Bring it!

Is someone representing the ProEFI group? That would be awesome, sincerely! Last day for sign up is May 10th.
fair enough!

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!