Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

GT Motorsports:350ZHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit STG 1,GTM HR ECU FLASH, Stock Block Testing

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

want...
Old 01-02-2009, 01:08 PM
terrycs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supernadc2
Im dropping her off today for the GTM TT. I wasnt going to until next month but i really loved the setup.

2 Weeks!!
Sweet ... Osiris, piggyback, or stand alone?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:13 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Osiris Uprev.. Basically went down there today dropped off my Z and for the time being im going with the GTM Turn Key TT Kit - GTM Exhaust - GTM 3" down pipe - HKS EVC Boost controller.

Counting down days till i get her back.. lol
Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
350z 6spd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put up a thread when you get it back, let us know how you like it (i'm sure it will be awesome) and put some pics up.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:19 AM
supernadc2
Banned

Will do.. I still have a lot to learn about it when i get her back. I bought my Z a year ago coming out of the Honda World. Owned a NA JDM Integra Type R for 5 years so i have a lot to learn. But def looking forward to it.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:48 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Went to GTM today to have my Big Brake Kit installed.

I've been talking back and forth with Sam about the GTM TT kit as well and it looks like im finally landing on it. Sam had me jump in the 350HR TT test car they have which they got all these results from and ****!
Honestly i was so impressed and it wasnt only from the power this setup put out but what sam had promised me when i began to look at this kit when it was introduced.
Under normal driving conditions its so relative to stock its amazing but once you start to build the way it spools up and you feel boost is just a whole different feeling. Every gear is so smooth in shifiting and the stock clutch actually holds up very well under the pressure applied to it.
I was worried about 2 things when i wanted to do this setup and that was sound and driveability.
I wanted to keep my car as low profile as possible, and this setup does not make my car any louder than it is than with the nismo i have on their now under normal driving conditions. GTM is also going to thermal coat and hide all turbo accessories required to keep me out of trouble and it looks so stealth u wouldnt believe it.
Second, the car like i said handles like its straight out of the factory and i think thats what had me sold on this product.
I wasnt expected to go in until the middle of feb and even sam doesnt know it yet but i am gonna try my best to have her dropped off on friday to begin the twins setup and i really cant wait.
Just putting it out their sam is a buisness man just like a lot of othet shops on this forum but i went in their with a want and he gave me every option and alternative as cost affective and beneficial to me as possible. I have nothing to gain by telling you how great of a experience i had their by just spending a few hours with him except that in case any of your were thinking about this and had doubts just talk to GTM, they are awesome people.
Looking forward to seeing u guys real soon! Thanks again for the Big Brake Kit setup. Happy New Year GTM and all the rest of you too!
Thank you for your business Sunny, your car was on the dyno today getting a baseline run for comparison. You will be very happy with the end result!

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 01-03-2009, 05:00 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Your welcome guys, and i have no doubt that im gonna be impressed. Keep me posted.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:40 PM
sintaxeror

How does the GTM stage 1 turnkey kit (minus the fuel injectors, pump, and retune) compare with the Greddy HR Tuner kit? There is a local shop here in Tampa offering a great deal for a turnkey Greddy setup also using the Osiris to tune... not that I am ready to take the plunge right now, but this is something i am seriously considering in the near future. Would like to hear from GTM reps and also other shops that may have experience with both (Sharif?).... Thanks guys!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Peak350

Now, I have a question that is more of concern than interest, as I am nowhere near the point to be able to financially afford this right now. But how important is the new fuel rail with rail mounted regulator and return lines? I know you get the volume with the walbro pump, but do you see any real pressure drops with the higher flow rates required (on stock lines)?

If all you need is the turn key kit (preferably with downpipes and exhaust) to make 550+ whp on 93 octane then this is a steal.

I'm waiting for the first HR failure and analysis. From the looks of it we might be seeing the next S54 (E46 M3 motor) in terms of power here. Bring on the meth injection!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Peak350
Now, I have a question that is more of concern than interest, as I am nowhere near the point to be able to financially afford this right now. But how important is the new fuel rail with rail mounted regulator and return lines? I know you get the volume with the walbro pump, but do you see any real pressure drops with the higher flow rates required (on stock lines)?

If all you need is the turn key kit (preferably with downpipes and exhaust) to make 550+ whp on 93 octane then this is a steal.

I'm waiting for the first HR failure and analysis. From the looks of it we might be seeing the next S54 (E46 M3 motor) in terms of power here. Bring on the meth injection!
a VQ37HR threw a rod on the dyno recently. the engine might have been compromised before hand. im curious to see how well the stock block HR's hold up to 10+psi.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Phantom_Z

Everything installed and tuned for 10K... if only i had the cash
Old 01-05-2009, 07:01 AM
supernadc2
Banned

yea 10k for the kit. I also went with the GTM 3" down pipe and the exhaust so its an additional cost for that.

I drove GTM's 350 HR TT and it has more than 100 dyno runs and has seen boost levels up to 14psi on the stock block with the stock clutch. I honestly could not find one flaw in driveability. It hoestly felt like it was just out of the factory. Though at higher boost if your were shifting fast and not engaging the clutch all the way it seemed as if it was going to slip but that only being because of all the previous experiements and its affect on the clutch.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Nexx
a VQ37HR threw a rod on the dyno recently. the engine might have been compromised before hand. im curious to see how well the stock block HR's hold up to 10+psi.
Keep in mind 300 cfm heads react very differently to lower flowing heads at higher boost levels. Also, dyno stresses on pistons and rods are much different than road stresses. Biggest thing to avoid under those extreme loads is to lift throttle quickly while in gear. When maxing out and starting to slow down, press the clutch in, then lift throttle. You get a quick reverse in stress that tears rods otherwise (could be how the rod on the 37 was thrown).
Old 01-06-2009, 12:42 PM
neverenough

Ordered my stage 1 with external gates today. I will start my own thread when the kit arrives. I wil be doing the install myself in my garage on my back. I will make notes along the way for others who want to try the install at home. Sam has been great to deal with and always seems to have time for my questions. More to come....
Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

WOw, alot of members going with this and the Osiris tune..
Old 01-07-2009, 07:10 PM
504Z07

yea 10k for the kit. I also went with the GTM 3" down pipe and the exhaust so its an additional cost for that.

I drove GTM's 350 HR TT and it has more than 100 dyno runs and has seen boost levels up to 14psi on the stock block with the stock clutch. I honestly could not find one flaw in driveability. It hoestly felt like it was just out of the factory. Though at higher boost if your were shifting fast and not engaging the clutch all the way it seemed as if it was going to slip but that only being because of all the previous experiements and its affect on the clutch.
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they have to switch to an organic clutch because it started to slip at 460hp? or 560hp?. . .
Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Nice
Old 01-07-2009, 10:32 PM
supernadc2
Banned

Originally Posted by 504Z07
correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they have to switch to an organic clutch because it started to slip at 460hp? or 560hp?. . .
I had thought that they did also but sam told me ahead of time that the stock clutch was pretty much gone. I think they are waiting until it is completely shot so we know about how much it can take.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Amazing kit! I am very impressed at how efficient the HR is!. Definitely considering the switch over to an 07 twinturbo. Not worth to build the DE for 500-550ish, when the HR delivers it on stock block. Might have to edit my sig soon.

I wonder how reliable this power will be. Has this car had any problems yet since it was finished? or just knock on wood?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Germanguy

any idea how much the turbo kit weights?

Alex.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports:350ZHRTT, GTM HR Turbo Kit STG 1,GTM HR ECU FLASH, Stock Block Testing