Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

I Am Pissed

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:23 PM
frenzee

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I Am Pissed

This morning a moron cop gives me a speeding ticket for absolutely no reason.

I'm driving down PCH, have my cruise control set to 60, minding my own business. I see a motorcycle up ahead. He continues for a couple of miles. He then slows down and I notice it's a cop. He pulls me over. I'm thnking it's probably because of missing front plate or something. No problem.

He comes over and says he pulled me over for speeding. I say WTF, I was on cruise control doing 60 (speed limit is 65). He says a helicopter paced me on mile markers and redio'd me in. I said "that can't be. I was on cruise control set to 60. Besides, didn't you see me 500'-600' behind you the last couple of miles?". He says, "I don't know, I'm just the man in the middle. The officer in the helicpter is the one who paced you and he says you were going 75...tell that to the judge...yaddy yadda" I'm going what the F? I was NOT going 75.

How in the hell am I supposed prove I was not going 75? Don't these F---ers have a life?
Old 02-02-2005, 04:51 PM
FLZ_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can understand that the helicopter using some sort of instrument to get a read out for your speed.

However, how the hell do you pace in a helicopter???? His margin of error is going to be extremely high even with the mile markers.

I would hire a good lawyer and have the lawyer rip the helicopter pilot a good one. Let alone if the helicopter pilot even shows up in court.

I say fight it, I can't see how that pacing **** would work when the choper is a few 1000's feet up in the air. The perception error is quite high if they are up in the air pacing.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:34 PM
kamz

wtf!!! using a focking helicopter to give a speeding ticket?!! our tax dollars being used wisely! such BS... I feel for you man.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:05 PM
BJF2K

damn but getting a ticket for 75 is pretty sad too... they played you like a *****
Old 02-02-2005, 08:41 PM
Wedge

If the helicopter saw you, he must have seen the police officer ahead of you as well. This being the case, it should be obvious that you were trailing behind the motorcycle and did not pass him. If the officer was going the speed limit or less, then you could not have been going 75 without passing him.

Pacing from the air is a simple matter of ground markers of some sort and a timing device. You are clocked as to how long it takes you to get from point A to point B...........your speed is then calculated. It sounds like a timing error, a math error or a marker error (markers were not as far apart as the helicopter cop thought)

You probably have a good chance of getting out of this one if you bring up all the circumstances surrounding this incident.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:41 PM
frenzee

I'm not a sore loser. If I speed and I get a ticketed - fine. Fair is fair. But today I'm on cruise control, my speed pegged at six zero. I'm going 5 MPH below speed limit. How in the F this moron picks me out of the crowd and plays "tag you're it" is beyond me.

Man...I don't like cops as a general rule, but today I absolutely despise the who mada f--k'n, lying bunch of 'em.

Sorry guys but I had to vent.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Risk

I read your mods on your sig, but I must ask anyway.....do you have ANYTHING on your car that would cause your speedo to be inaccurate (like big rims)?

If not, then I agree with the other members, fight it!
Old 02-02-2005, 10:41 PM
frenzee

No I have stock wheels and tires.

Originally posted by Risk
I read your mods on your sig, but I must ask anyway.....do you have ANYTHING on your car that would cause your speedo to be inaccurate (like big rims)?

If not, then I agree with the other members, fight it!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:32 PM
MastaKillaZ

well, I've heard that helicopter tickets are the easiest to beat... something about the unreliability of their speed determinations. at least the motorcycle cop was AHEAD of you, he sure as hell wasn't pacing you to verify your speed.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:32 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

from what ive heard its an immediate dismissal .

normally they are supposed to radio to a ground officer to peg you speeding, not to give you the ticket

both haveto show up in court as well
Old 02-03-2005, 08:38 PM
kamz

Sounds like you'll beat this easy but what a hassle!
Old 02-04-2005, 06:58 AM
MGV156

You'll have to fight this in court. Some courts are now getting a little smarter about Ticket Assassin's approach. So, your best chance is to show up and fight it. Yah, it's a pain in a$$, but if you thought you were wronged about the situation, you should make the effort to prove yourself right. Here are some pointers to help build your defense, courtesy of another forum member:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=104931

Good Luck!!
Old 02-04-2005, 07:31 AM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, it sounds like you got singled out for no reason. Like the others said, the only thing you can do it to go to court. It is a hassle... don't you have to go into court twice? Once to make an appt and the second time for the actual hearing. It's time consuming! Good luck.
Old 02-04-2005, 08:09 AM
MGV156

Originally posted by SHO-TIME
Wow, it sounds like you got singled out for no reason. Like the others said, the only thing you can do it to go to court. It is a hassle... don't you have to go into court twice? Once to make an appt and the second time for the actual hearing. It's time consuming! Good luck.
You show up to make an appointment. Second, you show up on the first court date given and plead not guilty. Second is the actual hearing. If the arresting officer doesn't show up, your case gets dismissed. If he shows up, you better have our defense argument ready.

Last edited by MGV156; 02-04-2005 at 08:12 AM.