Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Gumball 3000 schedule

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
MAR ONER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gumball 3000 schedule

ok, i got my Gumball 3000 E-mail for the schedule that they are going to keep.

I will be in vegas for this on the 6th of May...

Official mail from Gumball HQ :

EUROPE (1000 miles):
Saturday 29th April:
Kicking off, we've got the Premiere of the "Aiya" boys Gumball film called 'Drivin' Me Crazy' on Saturday 29th April here in
Central London, followed by a party with 'Goldie Lookin Chain' performing along with guest celebrity DJs. This will be a late one!

Sunday 30th April:
This is the start day! Cars will park on "display" in Gumballs own "pit-lane" on Pall Mall (London W1, between Trafalgar Square
and St. James Palace) between 1-4 PM, and the flag will drop between 4-6 PM, sending drivers en route to a Midnight
checkpoint in Belgium via the Eurotunnel. "Attention all Belgian's" to come and cheer us at Chateau de Beloeil, home to the
Princes de Ligne between 10PM - 1AM! (Address: Chateau de Beloeil, rue du Chateau, 11, Beloeil, Hainaut, just 40 miles from
Brussels)

Monday 1st May:
After driving thru the night they'll be a breakfast checkpoint in Austria will be in Vienna between 6 - 10 AM at the Kursalon
(centrally located with easy accessibility (U4 subway) in Vienna's beautiful inner-city park on Johannesgasse), afetrwhich cars
drive to Budapest, arriving between Midday - 4PM at the "Chain Bridge." We want everyone in Hungary to come to see us
arrive!

Tuesday 2nd May:
Lunch checkpoint in Belgrade, Serbia between 11AM - 1PM at the City Hall!

ASIA (1000 miles):
Wednesday 3rd May:
This one's secret, so that Gumballers can relax on a "private Island!"

Thursday 4th May:
Gumballers drive from Phuket to Bangkok through the rainforest. Get yourselves to the Asian 'finish' line at the Mandarin
Oriental Hotel in Bangkok between 7-10PM.

USA (1000 miles):
Friday 5th May:
After flying to the US, Gumballers get to attend the red carpet Premiere of Mission Impossible 3 at the Larry H. Miller Megaplex
Theatre in Salt Lake City, Utah!!!

Saturday 6th May:
After collecting their cars from SLC Airport, all 120 amazing vehicles will 'parade' to downtown SLC to the Utah Jazz home at
the Delta Centre for you all to see between 10-11AM. Then they're all driving to the new race track outside SLC called 'Miller
Motorsports Park' - this is a great opportunity to watch these beauties at full speed, and all we'll also be putting on a 'drift racing'
display!

Then get yourselves to Las Vegas to the Hard Rock Hotel that evening between 5-8PM to watch the cars arrive. That night
hip hop legend 'Snoop Dogg' will be doing an "exclusive" Gumball performance at 'The Joint' inside the Hard Rock. This will be
crazy!

Sunday 7th May:
After checking out Death Valley, the Gumballers will cross the finish line on the famous 'Rodeo Drive' in Beverly Hills at
approximately 4PM. Rodeo Drive will be closed for the finish, where cars will then be parked on display until 7PM before
parading to the Beverly Hilton Hotel. That night Gumballers will party with Playmates at the famous Playboy Mansion where DJ
AM, Blink 182's Travis Barker and **** star Ron Jeremy will mix the tunes for the nights party! Who will win the coveted 'Spirit
of the Gumball Trophy' this year???
Old 04-24-2006, 01:34 PM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you sign up and join?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 PM
MAR ONER

Well..u can't really sign up and join anymore...what's happening is a few of us are actually just gonna run with them from Vegas to L.A...free. This event is never sectinoed off..when they race here to the states..they race illegally...not kidding. Some of us are just willing to take the same chance they are to just ..go with them. To be honest..I personally can't make it due to the old $$$ issue.....but I have a couple of buddies that are going. You can always register for next year...but to give you an idea...to race..this last year.......the entry fee was 70k. It's because they ship the cars around..and the partying is insane. You can read all about it in the these past few months modified mag. Just check the one issue where the 3 DC Shoes STi's with the camo paint. They talk about it alot in that issue.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a lot of fun
Old 04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
heezyo2o

I'd love to tag along on the vegas to cali leg, but I can't afford the tickets. Also I don't have the power to keep up with the faster cars. The best I can do is walk by the cars when they stop in BH.

The people who partake in gumball are major ballers. There are a wide variety of cars, but most of them drive 100K+ cars and are not that worried about crashing them, getting tickets or even getting arrested. In europe, they can often get around things by bribing the cops, but not sure how well that method would work here.

Check out this vid to give you an idea. This was a previous gumball rally where they ran from San Francisco to Miami.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...umball&pl=true
Old 04-24-2006, 03:49 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am for sure going to the Hard Rock when they come to my town. May even drive out to Primm and run back into town with a few of them. I am sure the cops will be out in full force though knowing that the rally is coming through.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:16 PM
JoeDirtPharmD

I'd almost be willing to bet that the cops won't be in full force - part of that 'good ol' boy' thing, ya know?

EDIT: Funny *** vid - almost makes me want to skip our local drive and catch these boys on the I-15, but methinks I would just end up in bigggggggggg trouble

Last edited by JoeDirtPharmD; 04-24-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:29 AM
brentr19

Me and my buddy got sunday off of work to go to the finish line in Beverly Hills... we havent decided yet if were taking my ZR or his Cobra. Anyways, any of you guys gonna be up there?
Old 05-01-2006, 12:12 PM
nissansource

dude that would be a blast to meet up in vegas and then tag along to beverly hills with them
Old 05-02-2006, 07:56 AM
nissansource

Its official we are heading out to VEGAS Friday and heading back with the rest
Old 05-07-2006, 12:22 AM
brentr19

i will be up there with my buddy [drives an 03 cobra] at the finish tomorrow...