Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Dealer Rant: Douglas Nissan, Huntington Beach

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:18 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealer Rant: Douglas Nissan, Huntington Beach

(I posted it in the wheel forum; not sure why)

https://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tires/194323-i-wonder-what-scratched-this-wheel.html

Doesn't it suck when you can't prove that a dealer damaged your car, but you know..err...well...believe that they really did, and all circumstantial evidence even points that way?

It was either the dealer or a very conscientious wheel theif who, when interrupted during his attempt to steal my Nismo wheels, replaced 4 of the 5 previously removed lug nuts, so my wheel wouldn't fall off as I drove away.
Attached Thumbnails Dealer Rant: Douglas Nissan, Huntington Beach-nissan-wheel-scratch_pic.jpg  
Old 05-30-2006, 12:56 PM
TOM JONES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my dealer and i always take a little trip around my car just for that reason, he marks any dents, or any thing else thats not normal, it a good practice
Old 05-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Blue_Streek

thats an impact socket scratching the rim. i know, i have accidently done this a few times to customers cars, even mine. it is going to be VERY difficult to prove this. plus they don't really have to remove a wheel to check the front end. usually a good shake of the wheel can reveal whether a tie rod is loose, or ir a bearing is shot.

tommy
Old 05-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Scafremon

>> my dealer and i always take a little trip around my car just for that reason, he marks any dents, or any thing else thats not normal, it a good practice

That’s a good idea Tom – I just wish we could trust the people working on our cars to be a bit more trustworthy, and take responsibility for their actions.
Maybe I will keep some of that blue painters tape in the car:
“This tape marks the grease streak that you guys have failed to correct on two previous occasions”
“This tape points to the rear end, where the clicking noise still comes from”
“This tape is marking the frayed bolster, which we have been waiting since October ’05 for the part to come in so you can repair it”

>> plus they don't really have to remove a wheel to check the front end. usually a good shake of the wheel can reveal whether a tie rod is loose, or ir a bearing is shot.

You’re probably right. My guess is that they did not initially remove the wheel, and that is why they didn’t mention the missing lug nut until the second call, when they went back to check it out again at my urging.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:45 PM
SHO-TIME

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that looks like LMGT4... sorry this happend to you.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Blue_Streek

i had a siliar issue at a subaru dealer here in San Diego. i had a clutch repaired under warranty and when i got it back, they had caught the stock front lip on the rack and it was hanging down a little. they did nothing saying "we cant prove that it didnt come in like that" so my dealings with dealerships is that they suck monkey b8lls

tommy
Old 05-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Scafremon

The sad part is that all they would have had to do is admit their mistake. Maybe buy me the replacement lug nut, and tell me they owe me one.

The service advisor either knows that they did it, or doesn’t know if they did or not. Unless he was watching over the tech’s shoulder during the work, then he can’t be sure.

He could of asked me if these had existed prior, and learning they had not, apologized for what they might have done. For a $2.00 lug nut and an IOU, I would have been real happy with their service.

Instead, Nissan Consumer Affairs received a Certified Letter from me today, 12 pages total including photo attachments and copies of uncompleted service orders, outlining previous problems I have had at both local Douglas Nissan locations. I don’t expect much to come from this, but hopefully the next guy/gal who brings in a Z with LMGT4’s will leave with them un-scratched.
Old 05-30-2006, 04:18 PM
LATEZ

yep i hate Douglas nsn of HB ... they sold a z from under me when they found somebody else who would paid a higher price for it. After i had a sales contract and a deposit and didn't even have the decency to call me to let me know. Their excuse was that they had not received the car yet. I order that car under Nissan VPP so I was able to track it I told them upfront that I know when you received it who you sold it to ..yet they still denied it
Old 05-30-2006, 04:23 PM
THREE-FITY

Yo I Know What You Mean I Made The Big Mistake Of Buying My Anniversary Edition From Douglas Nissan And They Suck..
The Car Had A Power Steering Leak The Tack Didn't Function Properly And They Try To Put It All On Me When I Reported It The Next Day I Was So Pissed That I Reported It To B.a.r And Thats What You Should Do..trust Me It Works (i Work For Toyota).
Old 05-30-2006, 04:43 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Now I am worried. My car has been in Tustin Nissan dealer for freaken 10 days. I put in intake. The car stalled after i put in neutral after 4k rpm. It also stalled when I start engine when engine is warm. I put back the stock intake same problem. I brought it to dealer. They said ECU threw weird codes and they are ordering a new ECU. WTF? I think it's the MAF that caused problem. They said the part should be here last friday. This morning, the freaken service guy called me and told me that the ECU wont be here till this Thursday. WTF? I dont know what they have done to my car given the careless works that you guys mentioned. My bronze te37, my 14 inch brembo BBK.....the body of my car.....man...this really sucks.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:03 PM
THREE-FITY

Dont Sweat It Dude Just Keep Driving That Enterprise Rental They Probably Gave You And Stay Away From Douglas Nissan. Youre Car Should Be Fine... Besides If They Dont Figure It Out By The Third Time Pull That Old Lemon Law On Them.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:30 PM
LATEZ

Originally Posted by THREE-FITY
Yo I Know What You Mean I Made The Big Mistake Of Buying My Anniversary Edition From Douglas Nissan And They Suck..
The Car Had A Power Steering Leak The Tack Didn't Function Properly And They Try To Put It All On Me When I Reported It The Next Day I Was So Pissed That I Reported It To B.a.r And Thats What You Should Do..trust Me It Works (i Work For Toyota).

Thats funny... I worked for NNA and they knew that up front...They gave me a copy of the sells contract and a due date when they would received the car. and I was able to trace it thru the system at work. So I knew when the car was sold and who it was sold to before they even had the nerves to tell me.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:36 AM
james840a

Originally Posted by Scafremon
(I posted it in the wheel forum; not sure why)

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194323

Doesn't it suck when you can't prove that a dealer damaged your car, but you know..err...well...believe that they really did, and all circumstantial evidence even points that way?

It was either the dealer or a very conscientious wheel theif who, when interrupted during his attempt to steal my Nismo wheels, replaced 4 of the 5 previously removed lug nuts, so my wheel wouldn't fall off as I drove away.
Sorry to hear that, I too had a simular thing happen to me. I wont say witch nissan because they did fix my issue. Mine was that when i took my car in to have the tire feathering issue fix, they damaged the lip of my oem wheels when there tire machine was putting on the tire. Plus they also used air impact wrench to take them off and it jumped, wacking the wheel. I saw socket marks around the lug holes. Thats Pi$$ me off, and i talked to the service manager. Short store, they replaced both wheels no cost to me. But I told them to use a torqe wrench to tight them and i watched them too.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:53 AM
CocaColaDrunkie

I purchased my car at douglas nissan.... they treated me like **** im in the process of lemoning my car..... stupid ****ing bull**** excuse my language.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:39 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Reminds me when the dealer clear bra guy razor bladed my 03 Z's hood, sides, mirrors, both headlights, and entire bumper.

Had not even drove the Z a week, and demanded they take the vehicle back. I lost and they ended up painting the entire front end and replacing both headlights.

Needless to say the clear bra installer didn;t install after that and I never set foot in that Stealership again. Academy Nissan in Colorado Springs sucks big donkey dicks!