Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

Can you Turn off the flashing airbag light?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:39 AM
UHATEIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you Turn off the flashing airbag light?

The airbag light on my dashboard is flashing all the time. I was wondering if there is a way to turn it off. The front airbag sensor is removed from the car.

on my Toyota MR2 there was a fuse un the front fusebox that you can remove and it turned off the airbag light on the MR2, does anyone know if the same can be done on the 350z? I'm hoping someone knows of the fuse that can be pulled to stop the light from flashing.

Let me know!
Old 04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
UHATEIT

also the tire psi light flashes and the wheel pressure sensor light is also on the dashboard as well.

for everyone who replaces their stock wheels with aftermarket wheels, is there a fuse you can pull or a way to turn off the wheel sensor light as well? since I have upgraded aftermarket wheels with no sensors, I was wondering and figured there had to be a solution to this as there are a lot of 350z's with aftermarket wheels.

Last edited by UHATEIT; 04-06-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:36 PM
UHATEIT

anyone?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:41 PM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as the tps warning, you either have to band the sensors to your new wheels or deal with the warning. I dont believe there is a way to turn it off....

I wish there was though. I havent gotten around to getting them put on and recently, even my guage changes from mph (which is where i normally leave it) to the tps reading automatically and its really starting to get annoying!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:43 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
as far as the tps warning, you either have to band the sensors to your new wheels or deal with the warning. I dont believe there is a way to turn it off....

I wish there was though. I havent gotten around to getting them put on and recently, even my guage changes from mph (which is where i normally leave it) to the tps reading automatically and its really starting to get annoying!

EXACTLY!!! I rear in the owner's manual that the guage SHOULD go to the same thing it was at before the car was turned off (like mph where I too al;ways leave it!!!) but everytime I start the car it goes to the REAR TIRES PRESSURE and I have to F***** change it to mph! and the little "psi" flashes when you're on any of the other screens.

I am sure someone out there knows how to disengage these, cuz every 350z out there has aftermarket wheels!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe you either have to live with it or band the sensors on your new wheels. Have no idea about the airbag thing though.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:06 PM
hkman78

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
The airbag light on my dashboard is flashing all the time. I was wondering if there is a way to turn it off. The front airbag sensor is removed from the car.

on my Toyota MR2 there was a fuse un the front fusebox that you can remove and it turned off the airbag light on the MR2, does anyone know if the same can be done on the 350z? I'm hoping someone knows of the fuse that can be pulled to stop the light from flashing.

Let me know!
here is the link to the thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...9&postcount=12

You looks like you are new to the forum. Next time, try to use the SEARCH button before posting the question or other people gonna flame you. Welcome to the forum, good luck
Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
UHATEIT

Originally Posted by hkman78
here is the link to the thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...9&postcount=12

You looks like you are new to the forum. Next time, try to use the SEARCH button before posting the question or other people gonna flame you. Welcome to the forum, good luck
I did try the search. Its the front airbag sensor the car had front has a bodykit on it and the plug is dangling there, the sensor in the front of the car has been completely removed. I used the searh function all the tiem on the MR2 forums that are exactly the same as this. Search didn't pop up what I was looking for.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 PM
MR_X

check your pm