Notices
Southern California San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, etc.

WCN huge let down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:06 AM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WCN huge let down!!!

Well I had to take my oil eater in for the V2 rev up motor and the dealer I chose was West Covina Nissan.
At first all seemed fine Felipe was really helpful, and kept me up to date on all the repairs and he even got me a 350Z rental car from Hertz. Yesterday When I dealt with Ruben to pick up my car I didn’t exactly get the service I'd come to expect from WCN.
I was dropped off by Hertz at WCN. Ruben asked for an invoice from Hertz which I did not have or know I needed. He then asked if I had the number, I didn't. Ruben kinda stood there for a second with a blank stare so I asked him if he'd like me to call 411 and get it??? Basically from then on I went from customer to his administrative assistant I called 411 got Hertz number, waited on hold for Hertz, got the total amount, invoice number and requested a faxed copy of the invoice to Ruben's fax. I offered out of courtesy but as a SERVICE MANAGER I would think he'd take it upon himself to handle these tasks .
Finally I received my car. I get in it and immediately notice an empty tank (15 miles dte) I took it in with almost half a tank. I know I can get more than 40 miles on a quater tank easy. This may or may not be common practice with the V2 swap but I still didn’t like that it wasn't really explained to me.
Unfortunately now comes the worst part . I stop to get gas by my work in Brea and see this as an opportunity to see my baby's new heart. As soon as I get to the front of my car I immediately see scratches on the front and side of my bumper along with a spider web crack about the half size of a dime in my paint. Also the tint on my drivers window has been ruined with tears (they replaced my window motor). I wasn't gonna make a thread about this but this morning when I was putting air in my tires I noticed my back left rim has been curb rashed!!! I feel like the tech treated my car like a rental I cant imagine what he did to it in those miles!!! Keep in Mind it has been less then 3 weeks since I got my car out of the body shop in PRISTINE condition!!! I'm over the fact that the Service Dept isn't what it used to be but I sincerely hope my freshly painted front bumper is restored to its previous condition along with my tint and curb rashed wheel!!! BTW after the V2 was put in my 5th gear has been really hard to get into.
I'll be going to Performance Nissan for my service from now on.
END VENT now I can breath....

CORRECTION ON MILEAGE PUT ON MY CAR. i GOT MY MAITAINACE PAPER WORK MIXED UP.

Last edited by ArCtM; 06-20-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:55 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh... that sounds bad. Keep us up to date on how they deal with this.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:59 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Did you even inspect it before you drove it off and if you did, why didn't you call the service manager?
Old 06-20-2008, 07:04 AM
gregtotheb

sorry to hear about that man, i hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:05 AM
ArCtM

Unfortunately I didnt inspect my car. I was in a huge rush to get back to work and my car was filthy so I didn't notice the damage right away, rookie mistake . I did speak to ruben yeaterday and he told me to bring my car in Monday to try and fix the paint and replace the tint. I wasn't going to make a thread about this but when I saw my rim this morning I was disgusted that my car was that mistreated.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really sucks bad but I make it a habit to always check my Z anytime I pull into service before I leave the Stealership. The good thing is they are willing to take a look at it as they can easily say you left so they can not verify if it was done in the Stealership.........I could totally see Stealerships pulling that card.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:31 AM
wldkatz03

That sucks bro, sorry to hear. I've had nothing but great experiences with WCN so it suprises me when I see the threads about bad service. Hope everything works out
Old 06-20-2008, 07:37 AM
ArCtM

Originally Posted by Ed 718
Really sucks bad but I make it a habit to always check my Z anytime I pull into service before I leave the Stealership. The good thing is they are willing to take a look at it as they can easily say you left so they can not verify if it was done in the Stealership.........I could totally see Stealerships pulling that card.
I'm worried they are going to pull that card with my rim since I noticed it later than the rest of the damage. after I noticed the bumper I looked at the rest of the body but didnt think to check my rims. I will definitely put up a fight if they refuse to repair anything. Ugh...
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 AM
Tatelasteil

Damn there is a **** load of WTF WCN threads on hear...
Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 AM
madpanda

Um WCN is still a stealership, people should start lowering their expectations already. OT, but Cerritos Nissan scratched the fuc out of sideskirts they look like they got keyed. Really nothing you can do about stealerships, except stop using them.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:29 AM
TOM JONES

its a good thing to have the service guy and yourself take a tour arourd the car before and after service..i went in for my 10,000 mile check up at torrance nissan this week and my service guy brent lang saw i had excessive tire ware, he talked to nissan and im getting new front tires and an alignment at no charge, this guy has bent over backwards to make sure i leave happy, if your in the so bay and need service look him up
Old 06-20-2008, 11:11 AM
leozim

ive alway heard good praises toward WCN. but lately its just getting worst. whatever happen to them?!
Old 06-20-2008, 12:43 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats why I never take my car to dealerships, even for an oil change. Plus I hate it when I hear about the run around they give instead of accepting the responsibility.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
350z bra

whats new about wcn?
Old 06-20-2008, 01:41 PM
ArCtM

I've had really good experiences at WCN I give props where they're due but ever since Frank and Tim left the service Dept has gone way down.
Parts should still be running smoothly with Jeff in charge.
the only reason I initially got all my oil changes from a dealer is because I heard about the oil consumption issue and wanted to make sure all my oil changes were documented by a dealership.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
carfi179

So far WCN have been good to me, sorry to hear about your bad experience OP. I have a solution... WCN needs to combine service and parts dept and have Jeff manage both (it will also save them tons of $$ having 1 less mgr.) and problem solved! just my

Last edited by carfi179; 06-20-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:22 PM
El Guy

Performance Nissan is the same, Nothing better, I took my 05 Z to get a synthetic oil change, They forgot and put regular oil, So they had to take my Z back and start the process, Which i hope they did, I wonder if they just put the car back and just waiting to return, Took about 5-6 hours, Well they fixed the problem thats what they say, Then when i was driving on the freeway they forgot to close my carbon fiber hood properly so it flew open. So if you think that they are better good luck, Better off doing it yourself.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:31 PM
ArCtM

Originally Posted by El Guy
Performance Nissan is the same, Nothing better, I took my 05 Z to get a synthetic oil change, They forgot and put regular oil, So they had to take my Z back and start the process, Which i hope they did, I wonder if they just put the car back and just waiting to return, Took about 5-6 hours, Well they fixed the problem thats what they say, Then when i was driving on the freeway they forgot to close my carbon fiber hood properly so it flew open. So if you think that they are better good luck, Better off doing it yourself.

Fk it I'm not tkaing it to dealers for anything once this oil consumption deal is done!!! thanks for the heads up you might have have saved me a huge head ache in the future.
Old 06-20-2008, 03:12 PM
Nastyboy

Originally Posted by El Guy
, Then when i was driving on the freeway they forgot to close my carbon fiber hood properly so it flew open.

OUCH!!!!!!!!! What was the outcome? I'm assuming you had bodydamge to the roof and fenders, possibly a cracked windshield?
Old 06-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Boneout JZA80
Sponsor
Shine Auto Project

here was my WCN experience...

part department are hella chill but their service department under the recent management hasnt been the greatest...

https://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/362767-a-quick-vent-towards-wcn.html

Quick Reply: WCN huge let down!!!