350z UTEC comments from TurboXS

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackTuner
Well what I am pushing for is a complete revamp of the way the speed density tuning currently works. I'd like to see more of an AFR Target Map and a VE table correction map. This is similar to the way the current WRX software works. With the added AFR Target map and VE correction table we gain the use of the IIRC 32x32 background AFR map it could actually be more but this is what works well. With this map set correctly you gain resolution but also it becomes much easier to tune, in the VE correction map. I also will be getting the launch control, flat shift etc. back into the software suite.

As we get closer I will let you know.

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Very nice...thanks for the update.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:40 PM
BlackTuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenk2
Thank you for the prompt reply..

FWIW, I would be willing to PAY for this update.. The sooner we can get our hands on it the better..
OO really... How about 1 million dollars?

Software has always been free. I'd probably be lynched in public if we did charge you.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Yeah, the upgrade would be nice, what I really want is something to fix the P1444 code for high altitude VQ35's, and also better support for Rev-Ups.

Dave
Old 05-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Kenk2
Professional

OO really... How about 1 million dollars?

Software has always been free. I'd probably be lynched in public if we did charge you.
LOL.. I really dont mind and beta testing would be kinda cool......

IMO, I wouldnt mind paying for an upgrade..
Old 05-30-2007, 05:35 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Yeah, the upgrade would be nice, what I really want is something to fix the P1444 code for high altitude VQ35's, and also better support for Rev-Ups.

Dave
Dave, I am not at altitude so it would be nearly impossible for me to fix it. If you are willing, try to wire the evap system directly to the factory ecu instead of through the utec. I'd work with you on figuring out what needs to be done exactly.

Rev-up support? If you mean cam phasing control. I can tell you that with certainty the current UTEC does not have the ability to control the exhaust cam. While we do have the hardware that could control the intake cam, I think the resources are better spent on updated engine running code.

Originally Posted by kenk
LOL.. I really dont mind and beta testing would be kinda cool......

IMO, I wouldnt mind paying for an upgrade..
We typically don't beta test software because of the huge leak potential.

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Old 05-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Kenk2
Professional

We typically don't beta test software because of the huge leak potential.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

I totally understand.. I was in the software biz a few years back and had that problem.. We spent more on R & D to be able to lock down the software to each cpu it was ridiculous.. They finally started to 'clone' laptops and make each one look the same and sold the laptop with software installed as a complete package

Anyways.. No worries about leaking here...
Old 05-30-2007, 05:54 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Dave, I am not at altitude so it would be nearly impossible for me to fix it. If you are willing, try to wire the evap system directly to the factory ecu instead of through the utec. I'd work with you on figuring out what needs to be done exactly.
Email sent. Like I said, there are a number of people here in Colorado that are more than highly interested in this.

Rev-up support? If you mean cam phasing control. I can tell you that with certainty the current UTEC does not have the ability to control the exhaust cam. While we do have the hardware that could control the intake cam, I think the resources are better spent on updated engine running code.
What I have found (and heard from others, as well), is that there is some hesitation/slight power loss at about 2700-3200 RPMS with Rev-Up motors and the UTEC. Nothing to kill the deal, but enough so that you notice it. For all I know, it might be totally unrelated to the the Rev-Ups, or it might have more to do with the MAP sensing. Regardless, you can almost tune it out, but it creeps back in after the tune.

Like I said, though, nothing that would make me not want to get a UTEC.

Dave
Old 05-30-2007, 06:29 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
Email sent. Like I said, there are a number of people here in Colorado that are more than highly interested in this.

What I have found (and heard from others, as well), is that there is some hesitation/slight power loss at about 2700-3200 RPMS with Rev-Up motors and the UTEC. Nothing to kill the deal, but enough so that you notice it. For all I know, it might be totally unrelated to the the Rev-Ups, or it might have more to do with the MAP sensing. Regardless, you can almost tune it out, but it creeps back in after the tune.

Like I said, though, nothing that would make me not want to get a UTEC.

Dave
got the email!

Slight hesitation? Sounds like tuning to me. I have a local customers who have never complained of such a things. This is the perfect forum to seek help for such an issue. IF you or any one has datalogs of the issue feel free to post them.

Thanks,

Jermaine~
Old 05-31-2007, 02:53 AM
raditz

And what about rev limiter on the revup?
Old 05-31-2007, 06:26 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raditz
And what about rev limiter on the revup?
+1 on rev limiter control for the revups. any news on that Jermaine?

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM
myspivey

Hey, just wanted to backup what Dave has said. I get the power blip and its only there at certain times not always. Also im forever living with the P1444 code. Im praying to get rid of that code, thats the only thing being thrown and it seems as Dave has said to be an altitude related thing. I love my utec and i wouldnt not have it but these are two things id really like to try and get resolved and would be willing to work with you to find ways around them. Our shop is looking for someone to help with this as well as they have a large number of customers facing the same issues.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:46 PM
Kenk2
Professional

Originally Posted by myspivey
Hey, just wanted to backup what Dave has said. I get the power blip and its only there at certain times not always. Also im forever living with the P1444 code. Im praying to get rid of that code, thats the only thing being thrown and it seems as Dave has said to be an altitude related thing. I love my utec and i wouldnt not have it but these are two things id really like to try and get resolved and would be willing to work with you to find ways around them. Our shop is looking for someone to help with this as well as they have a large number of customers facing the same issues.
Does Kevinapex have this problem with his UTEC and built motor?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 AM
myspivey

I dont believe so but he has a whole slew of other issues, ill get him on this thread to put in his two cents and let you know what he was dealing with.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:16 PM
keznevin

i'm still having a hesitation problem around 6200-6500 rpm. I've done the grounding fix and still having the problem. I also have a hesitation after every time i shift. SGP says that it is the way i shift but i can granny shift it and it still does it sometimes. Anyone have any suggestions.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:18 PM
NS_350GT

I just sent you an email, about a SC G35 running really reach after install.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:35 AM
trey.hutcheson

Jermaine, please enable the cam phasing, even if it's for the intake side only. There are quite a few of us NA guys that are maxed out for power without going internal, and the phasing would at least let us get a little more out of the engine.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:36 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

bump for end of month update
Old 06-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Havok_RLS2

Not gonna happen.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Kenk2
Professional